You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rythcan

Absurd Chat Bans

25 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
102 posts
6,402 battles

Just got a 24hr chat ban for calling out a DD that was hiding most of the time. 24hrs isn't too bad but the [edited] part on WG behalf is I cant even talk to my friends or clanmates from my friends list?????? Also is total [edited] that you cant even chat in you own clan chat. Bit excessive WG and a tad bit totalitarian. Fix it the chat ban should only apply to battles not private messages between friends.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
9 minutes ago, Rythcan said:

Just got a 24hr chat ban for calling out a DD that was hiding most of the time. 24hrs isn't too bad but the [edited] part on WG behalf is I cant even talk to my friends or clanmates from my friends list?????? Also is total [edited] that you cant even chat in you own clan chat. Bit excessive WG and a tad bit totalitarian. Fix it the chat ban should only apply to battles not private messages between friends.

Rule #1

Don't Give "Advice"

Rule#2

Don't Type in Chat

"You are  A legend in your own Mind" leave it there

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
102 posts
6,402 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Rule #1

Don't Give "Advice"

Rule#2

Don't Type in Chat

"You are  A legend in your own Mind" leave it there

Lol agreed 

Members
27 posts
1,094 battles

There's calling out by saying, "Hey, DD, I badly need a spot over here and some smoke, PLEASE!" and then there's "Hey, you stupid MFer, get your (redacted) (edited) out from behind the (*****) island and get the (****) in the fight!"

I'm curious about language used.  Does OP have the actual chat screen shot?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
9,074 posts
17,223 battles

As long as I been playing and I have A LOT of battles, language wise I can say, I am salty as the digital ocean I go into battle in. That said... How the heck do you earn a chat ban ? I mean, I never had 24hrs  of chat silence imposed on me and I consider myself a very passionate ship driver. What ever you did in chat, stop doing it, there is a way to point out to people they're messing up or the type of DMG being done is not constructive. If you can;t do that then

2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Rule #1

Don't Give "Advice"

Rule#2

Don't Type in Chat

^^^^^^ Danm it clutch, beat me to it .... GL and HF

Beta Testers
102 posts
6,402 battles

No I don't unfortunately. This is the day and age if you even question someone's actions they cry about it.

• Cool 1

[PHASE]
Members
6,131 posts
19,425 battles
4 minutes ago, Rythcan said:

No I don't unfortunately. This is the day and age if you even question someone's actions they cry about it.

No one in this game has been chat banned more than me. I call it a an e-mugging. You got e-mugged. It's ok, laugh it off and play harder.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts
22 minutes ago, Rythcan said:

[edited] [edited] 

Considering that you have two words edited out here , perhaps your "calling out" entailed more expletives than people could stomach. Just saying...

Beta Testers
102 posts
6,402 battles
4 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

See the source image

Na more like this anger level

5676012-9035551501-56570.jpg

Beta Testers
102 posts
6,402 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Considering that you have two words edited out here , perhaps your "calling out" entailed more expletives than people could stomach. Just saying...

its 2 letters they edited out

[PHASE]
Members
6,131 posts
19,425 battles
Just now, Rythcan said:

Na more like this anger level

5676012-9035551501-56570.jpg

your first chat ban? If so, I get it. I get them like popping gummy bears.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,952 posts
12,068 battles

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it or you're banned basically

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,877 posts
13,616 battles
12 minutes ago, Commander_Krill said:

There's calling out by saying, "Hey, DD, I badly need a spot over here and some smoke, PLEASE!" and then there's "Hey, you stupid MFer, get your (redacted) (edited) out from behind the (*****) island and get the (****) in the fight!"

I'm curious about language used.  Does OP have the actual chat screen shot?

This, every time you are getting ready to send something in chat think for a second how it could be taken, not how you would take it but how a person you don't know will react. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

Honestly I think that people who get banned are doing a lot more than they claim.  I am a salty, salty [edited], and I have only been chat banned once.  I definitely deserved it too.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,796 posts
13,379 battles

Your lucky if it’s 24 hour ban via in game means, I have heard if somebody gets screen shots of the offensive chat it can net you a lot more than 24s hours. Had a friend catch a 1 week chat ban before from such a report into support. ( and no I was not the one that reported them lol.)  And have hear bans can extend far longer than even a week depending on the offense and how often the player is offensive and had been banned.

Beta Testers
102 posts
6,402 battles

Its not the ban that is garbage its the fact I cant even talk to my clanmates in clan chat or private chat with friends. That is beyond excessive.

[RKLES]
Members
11,796 posts
13,379 battles
Just now, Rythcan said:

Its not the ban that is garbage its the fact I cant even talk to my clanmates in clan chat or private chat with friends. That is beyond excessive.

Voice Comms with Clan might still work?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,877 posts
13,616 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Your lucky if it’s 24 hour ban via in game means, I have heard if somebody gets screen shots of the offensive chat it can net you a lot more than 24s hours. Had a friend catch a 1 week chat ban before from such a report into support. ( and no I was not the one that reported them lol.)  And have hear bans can extend far longer than even a week depending on the offense and how often the player is offensive and had been banned.

I save direct reports for those that use racial epithets and thankfully there are not many of those.

[PHASE]
Members
6,131 posts
19,425 battles
4 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Honestly I think that people who get banned are doing a lot more than they claim.  I am a salty, salty [edited], and I have only been chat banned once.  I definitely deserved it too.

There is a science to it. First, no grown man want's to be told how to do something by another man. If you are good, you can easily unnerve the most rational person with truth, never swear or threaten. The truth cuts the deepest....and it's also the quickest way to get chat banned. In my 50 or chat bans, I never cussed, or threatened anyone. Yet, I possess a unique skill to anger someone so quickly by....wait for it...the truth....no one ever wants to hear it, Including me when I don't agree with it.

• Cool 4

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,578 battles

Sad how we don’t how more ingame tutorials for players that would lead to less situations like this. 

Beta Testers
102 posts
6,402 battles
1 minute ago, APA_204 said:

There is a science to it. First, no grown man want's to be told how to do something by another man. If you are good, you can easily unnerve the most rational person with truth, never swear or threaten. The truth cuts the deepest....and it's also the quickest way to get chat banned. In my 50 or chat bans, I never cussed, or threatened anyone. Yet, I possess a unique skill to anger someone so quickly by....wait for it...the truth....no one ever wants to hear it, Including me when I don't agree with it.

agreed

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
15,267 battles

Heyo Captains.

If you have any concerns about restrictions or moderation actions taken to your account you can address this through the support system.

Discussing bans is against the forum rules and consequently this thread will be closed now. 

Have a great weekend everyone.

Fem. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1