Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Guardian54

Bonus Loyalty Points for sticking with the losing team

18 comments in this topic

[70]
Members
1,211 posts
6,662 battles

Sharks have won every day so far.

So we should get bonus loyalty points for picking Eagles.

I suggest that we get bonus loyalty points for persisting with a team, scaling with the points bonus at the end of the previous day. For example, if Eagles ended the previous day  with +50% points bonus on the meter, then to pick Eagles again should net us more than just the (IIRC) +3 loyalty you get every day for picking the same team. The bonus should scale with the number of days losing streak the team has been on, and how badly it keeps losing.

EDIT: Also, the team that lost the previous 2 days should get 1 loyalty point per crate earned. This will provide incentive to not all lemming to the winning side.

EDIT 2: This does not increase the amount the eagles (losers) can purchase in the arsenal compared to sharks (winners). It just lets them buy it sooner, then jump ship for the 1 bonus crate per day the sharks get. Reward farmers will notice this and quickly farm for their second permanent camo... by working for the other team for a while. This prevents absurd snowball as is happening right now.

Mark my words. Without a major change to how loyalty points accumulate, Eagles will not win a single daily bonus container race through this whole event.

Edited by Guardian54
  • Boring 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,837 posts
4,868 battles

I been on eagle team the entire time so far. I just want to get the eagle camo first(if I can, for all 3) lol. then I will focus on the sharks

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,114 posts
20,344 battles

so, basically you need to be on the losing side to win the most stuff....   

• Funny 1

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,548 battles

find something to complain about that is worthy to be complained about! This is a game! Not a brink of WW 3 crisis!

• Cool 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,837 posts
4,868 battles
1 minute ago, Warped_1 said:

so, basically you need to be on the losing side to win the most stuff....   

well more like earning tokens 50% faster

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
29 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Do people simply not realize they aren't going to re-write the code mid event?:Smile_amazed:

What are forums for? If everyone realised everything around there was no need of forums. Nothing to lose to create a thread and rant :D

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
717 posts
3,759 battles

It would be troll like fun if WG had a surprised announcement after the event ended giving something to those that persisted. :Smile_teethhappy: Probably not going to happen though. I'm Eagle and I'm not even going to switch when I max out on loyalty, one team all the way.

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

problem is that lot of people join shark more than Eagles do, making that cause getting lot of point much faster and more than smaller number people who join eagles.  (I guess most like blue color, not red, since red meaning a bad guy or something, no, I don't see it, but red seem as targets)

I been joined eagles ever since started and not even join shark even shark is winning, but once I max eagles loyal, then I join Shark to get stuffs if I had time to do that. Leader board is easier to get in top in eagles than shark. 

If you are bad player, not good at aim like me, then if you had short time of playing game, better off shark, if you had lot of time, then eagles to get most of out. 

Edited by Humility925

[70]
Members
1,211 posts
6,662 battles
4 hours ago, Humility925 said:

problem is that lot of people join shark more than Eagles do, making that cause getting lot of point much faster and more than smaller number people who join eagles.  (I guess most like blue color, not red, since red meaning a bad guy or something, no, I don't see it, but red seem as targets)

I been joined eagles ever since started and not even join shark even shark is winning, but once I max eagles loyal, then I join Shark to get stuffs if I had time to do that. Leader board is easier to get in top in eagles than shark. 

If you are bad player, not good at aim like me, then if you had short time of playing game, better off shark, if you had lot of time, then eagles to get most of out. 

I'm probably going to jump ship too once I get the eagle camo for Worcester as you can only get enough team points for one permanent camo per team (i.e. not enough for that AND the DM perma-camo).

However, I find Eagles superior simply as aquatic sapient races can't get metal-working tech nearly as fast as terrestrial ones, and therefore are much less likely to become spacefaring races.

[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles

I am sure this has been explained extensively, but why not make choices stick? Clash of the elements was fun. 

Members
4,410 posts
17,771 battles

Two things;

(1) Wee-Gee is not going to re-code this event while it's ongoing.

(2) Why should the losers get special goodies that the winners don't get?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,722 posts
22,079 battles
22 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Two things;

(1) Wee-Gee is not going to re-code this event while it's ongoing.

I agree that the losing team shouldn't get any goodies just for losing and I am playing on the Eagles team until I get my tokens. The whole thing is a mess IMHO, once one team won, players migrated over to the Sharks and now we have the snowball effect. Switching sides was a stupid idea but since they went with stupid, what they need to do is incentivize players on the Shark team to go Eagles. Understand I don't care who wins or loses, am only farming rewards but if you are gonna make a competition between teams, it is probably a dumb move to let the losers migrate to the winning team in the middle of a game.... 

[70]
Members
1,211 posts
6,662 battles
28 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Winning team gets more containers, 1 per day.

Losing team gets to buy their one free permanent camo sooner (note: not "buy multiple perkmanent camos", it's "buy their one free perma-camo SOONER") and can jump ship after that.

Edited by Guardian54

Sign in to follow this