Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lionfranky

I can't play this game due to toxic players.

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
21 posts
1,404 battles

There will always be toxic players because I was busy dealing with my situation, but couldn't support their [edited]. 

Do they even have carriers to make criticism? Anyway, sorry for rant. I think this toxicity toward cv players is another reason for small cv playerbase.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,796
[WORX]
Members
9,023 posts
17,167 battles

Then MMO games are not for you. Any MMO game you partake in, you will have a toxic contingency of players. The root of this toxicity is debated, my guess its the social/political climate of the EEUU/USA. Back to the point, I wish you well in whatever game you play. GL and HF

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,452
[TBW]
Members
9,539 posts
16,271 battles
18 minutes ago, lionfranky said:

There will always be toxic players because I was busy dealing with my situation, but couldn't support their [edited]. 

Do they even have carriers to make criticism? Anyway, sorry for rant. I think this toxicity toward cv players is another reason for small cv playerbase.

If you can't take it here, don't go out in the real world. You really need to quit listening to low lives that don't even know you. Turn off the battle chat and you won't have to worry, and what Navalpride33 said above.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
411 posts

Unfortunately the class you like is highly influential in wins and losses and the skill gap between players usually makes or breaks a Random game. If you’re unwilling to put more practice and research into your gameplay prepare for more criticism, whether filled with swear words or not.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[MAD-1]
Members
762 posts
5,223 battles

Dude, last night I got a barrage of hate comments because I 1: was loading in slowly and 2: wasn't meeting other people's expectations. You're gonna get hate from people both in the game and in life; what matters is that you suck it up and keep going. Anyone who's good at what they do have people who both love and hate them. It's going to happen in the game, whether you play surface combatants or carriers. You're going to have good and bad games. Good players have bad games, and bad players have good games. It's a part of life; just avoid taking it personally and you'll be fine.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,225
[STW-N]
Members
3,760 posts
8,525 battles

As a CV player, you're generally bound to get quite a bit of hateful comments just for playing that class.

Your performance also factors into it. A bad CV player is bound to get reports, even more so if he starts playing the blame game for a loss with his team.

For some reason, I generally do get a lot more compliments than reports when I'm playing CVs, but I do wonder how much of it involves complimenting the enemy for good play (or just being mild-mannered in general) and how much of it involves actually being competent at CVs (or possibly being competent enough to satisfy your team, but not competent enough to make the enemy rage:Smile_hiding:).

There was a rather amusing incident once when I was playing Essex that occurred as follows:

  • Allied Grober Kurfurst yolos into cap, enemy Taiho focuses him down
  • Enemy Taiho repeatedly strike him, I take an immense toll on all his planes
  • Unfortunately, the Kurfurst sinks anyways (not enough torpedo beats + me just killing off the bombers just seconds after they drop)
  • Kurfurst proceeds to blame me for not protecting him
  • Both my team and the enemy team defends me, telling the Kurfurst that I worked my [edited] off to protect him
  • We lose, but I still get 2 compliments
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[CASC1]
Members
31 posts
2,517 battles

The easiest way to deal with it is to completely disable the chat window using the mod in the Aslain mod pack. You'll still end up with reports but at least you can ignore the comments.

Edited by Tandin
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[9TH]
Members
34 posts
7,097 battles

I don't get negative comments often anymore, a decent part of that is because I've gotten better.  As a US CV player, I've recognized that I have to play defensive and spend more time spotting for the team then trying to attack (but attacking on solo targets).  Every now and then, I get someone complain, someone who moved away from the pack in someway and was singled out.  Either that, or the team is just being wiped out or I'm completely out-maneuvered by the other CV and there just isn't anything I can do.  Then I just shrug it off.

I get more annoyed at doing a ton of spotting/recon for the team and the team not fully taking advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
310 posts
6,729 battles
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, lionfranky said:

There will always be toxic players because I was busy dealing with my situation, but couldn't support their [edited]. 

Do they even have carriers to make criticism? Anyway, sorry for rant. I think this toxicity toward cv players is another reason for small cv playerbase.

While I still happily play the game, I am frustrated by both due and undue frustration from players to the one (or two ) aircraft carrier player (s) on their team. Many players will blame a carrier for their sinking or the teams overall loss when the carrier did well or poorly. It's a frustrating thing..... Truth is some battles are better than other.

I don't know what can be done to resolve your and other carrier captains frustrations with negative conduct and opinions from players when they blame the carrier for the team loss, their sinking or lack of fighter cover. I see the issue from both sides. This game is both frustrating and rewarding.

Yes, I do agree the (already small) carrier player base has been negatively affected by the hatred from several players.

Edited by Ben_CA68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
43 posts
9,529 battles

Reading this brought a smile to my face, whenever skycancer players stop playing skycancer the game improves for the other 23 people in the match. Thank you for improving the game!

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
824 posts
3,984 battles
10 hours ago, Jakefromst8faarm said:

Reading this brought a smile to my face, whenever skycancer players stop playing skycancer the game improves for the other 23 people in the match. Thank you for improving the game!

 Technically their called ocean cancer players as the object that launches/carries them floats on the ocean DRRRRR :cap_book: 

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
191
[DRHS]
Members
403 posts
18,006 battles

This is why Players are TOXIC to CV's, Thats from a 12 plane strike on a Scharnhorst. When a CV can Delete a BB in a single strike the CV is OP. You complain about AA. But even with a Full AA build on siad Scharn it was still deleted in one strike. The last ship class that did this to others was nerfed all to hell, the DD. Welcome to the total imbalance of World of Warships.

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
2 hours ago, BarronRichthofen said:

This is why Players are TOXIC to CV's, Thats from a 12 plane strike on a Scharnhorst. When a CV can Delete a BB in a single strike the CV is OP. You complain about AA. But even with a Full AA build on siad Scharn it was still deleted in one strike. The last ship class that did this to others was nerfed all to hell, the DD. Welcome to the total imbalance of World of Warships.

It wasn't one strike as another ship did damage to and i'm guessing was AP bombs but what i want you to work out is the turn around time for a CV to do that strike from take of, flying to target, striking, trip back and to rearm and take off. In the time it takes for a CV to do that another ship could do as much damage the only reason people [edited] about it is because it's in 1 hit and they notice it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles
25 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

It wasn't one strike as another ship did damage to and i'm guessing was AP bombs but what i want you to work out is the turn around time for a CV to do that strike from take of, flying to target, striking, trip back and to rearm and take off. In the time it takes for a CV to do that another ship could do as much damage the only reason people [edited] about it is because it's in 1 hit and they notice it.

CVs can delete any ship. Don't be fooled about the "turn around". It takes one torp squadron to take out a DD in the first few minutes of a match. It takes two properly spaced to take out a Battleship. It takes one bomber squadron to start a fire, wait for the enemy CV to use the repair, and then follow up with sinking it with torps and flooding. All within the first few minutes of a match.

Those CV's that cannot counter the enemy CV are nothing more than a liability to the team and though it is impossible to be everywhere at once (some people have no excuse except for pure incompetence), if you don't know how to multitask and you fail to protect your teammates, you are going to get told about it and usually not from those that are all too pleased to have been taken out without a chance in hell to defend themselves.

Unless you are running specific ships that are just fly swatting machines, your only protection against a enemy CV is your own CV. Get a crappy CV player and it's a uphill battle from start to finish. Another reason for WGing's "Fix".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,134 posts
6,550 battles
9 hours ago, BarronRichthofen said:

This is why Players are TOXIC to CV's, Thats from a 12 plane strike on a Scharnhorst. When a CV can Delete a BB in a single strike the CV is OP. You complain about AA. But even with a Full AA build on siad Scharn it was still deleted in one strike. The last ship class that did this to others was nerfed all to hell, the DD. Welcome to the total imbalance of World of Warships.

Capture.PNG

Yet the Scharn can delete a cruiser in one shot, or even a DD. So, why shouldnt a CV be able to achieve the same result?

12 plane strike....Essex or Lexi? AP bombs by the looks of it lol

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,134 posts
6,550 battles
On 7/29/2018 at 9:57 AM, lionfranky said:

There will always be toxic players because I was busy dealing with my situation, but couldn't support their [edited]. 

Do they even have carriers to make criticism? Anyway, sorry for rant. I think this toxicity toward cv players is another reason for small cv playerbase.

Embrace the hate, it will make you better..... and welcome to the Dark Side.

Oh, one more thing, if you REALLY want to embrace the hate, write down the names of those who abuse you and make a point of hunting them the next time you meet them. Its best if you dont kill them however, let them heal and hit them again, farm them.....wash rinse repeat. Its very demoralizing for a BB driver when they get hit again after they've used a couple of heals so they can get back into the fight, only to be reduced to minimal HP once again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
16,171 battles

I feel it takes special talent to play CV's well which I don't have so I don't criticize CV players and I don't play CVs. Now battleships camping behind an island that's a different story. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,307
[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,483 battles

@lionfranky don't pay any attention to it and don't respond at all! Note the names and report them in a support ticket!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
15 hours ago, Levits said:

CVs can delete any ship. Don't be fooled about the "turn around". It takes one torp squadron to take out a DD in the first few minutes of a match. It takes two properly spaced to take out a Battleship. It takes one bomber squadron to start a fire, wait for the enemy CV to use the repair, and then follow up with sinking it with torps and flooding. All within the first few minutes of a match.

Those CV's that cannot counter the enemy CV are nothing more than a liability to the team and though it is impossible to be everywhere at once (some people have no excuse except for pure incompetence), if you don't know how to multitask and you fail to protect your teammates, you are going to get told about it and usually not from those that are all too pleased to have been taken out without a chance in hell to defend themselves.

Unless you are running specific ships that are just fly swatting machines, your only protection against a enemy CV is your own CV. Get a crappy CV player and it's a uphill battle from start to finish. Another reason for WGing's "Fix".

Yet a DD or cruiser could do the same in the first few min and if im wrong about the turn around why has no one proved it to be wrong that the time it takes a CV player to do that another ship could sink the them.CV sniping gets harder as you move up the tiers and pretty much stops when they get DF and the IJN CV are the one that can pull it of most of the time because of the strike power the get at tier 5+.

16 hours ago, Levits said:

Those CV's that cannot counter the enemy CV are nothing more than a liability to the team

The amount of things wrong with that statement but i'll point out the biggest reason the balance between CVs, US CV only having 1 fighter means they can not be everywhere where take a look at a basic loadout at tier 8  US CV 1-1-2 IJN 2-2-2. So as much as people like to [edited] they also have to realise that US CV can't protect everyone from a stike and not having a chance to defend themselves there is only one class that really only has that problem and that's DD and even then some of them have DF otherwise come high tiers there is no reason people can't stop a CV strike apart from using you word's (pure incompetence). 

Make a AA bubble, stick close to someone that has good AA or DF it's not that hard and for the excuse we were up tiered  and faced a CV 2 levels higher sorry but CV face the same problem you put a tier 6 CV  in a tier 8 match not much they can do even tier 8 in a tier 10 match is even worse as the AA is even stronger

Maybe people need to stop blaming CV and start to do something ever hear of that 8 letter word teamwork as it's funny that in rank people can somehow come together and counter a CV but go back to random and nope it all go's away and if you haven't learnt to dodge DB or TB somethings wrong. It's not always the CV player fault and people need to understand that yes there are bad CV player but there is also the fact of WG love for IJN CV and the balance issues with the 2 lines.

All i can say about the rework is be careful  what you cryed for as there might be new problems that will come up because of the rework i.e CV wont be able to spot anymore so DD will need to spot again and deal with the radar problem, no warning of torps for other players as CV can't spot them anymore just something to think about.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles
2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

Yet a DD or cruiser could do the same in the first few min

A DD can do it at great potential risk to itself, resulting in it being taken out of the match early and even then half of the time it is simply luck if/when those torps actually take out a enemy ship. DD's are not throwaway ships. They are more often than not a determining factor in the outcome of a match. A CV's planes can run in, within the first 2 minutes of a match, and erase that asset without so much as a afterthought of losing those planes. A cruiser deleting a ship in one salvo is even less likely and at a even greater risk to itself being wiped from the map.

The only counter to CV planes are defensive AA ships and another CV. You can attempt to argue that good dodging skills also counter them, but when you've got two or three torp squadrons cross-firing on you (or AP bombs that can take a full health BB down to meet Davy Jones), they will eventually get you if not in the first pass then in the second. I've seen my fare share of DD's and cruisers attempting to dodge auto cross drops. Not all that easy. It can be done, but a proper cross-drop is not going to be evaded every time. Even more difficult is dodging a manual cross-drop from a CV player that knows what they are doing. Guess what, you ain't getting away from it unscathed and you will eat one of those torps.

How do you protect yourself from that? You either play in a AA ship and hope to god your AA can take out most of those planes, or you hope your own CV can save your butt.

2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

Make a AA bubble, stick close to someone that has good AA or DF it's not that hard and for the excuse we were up tiered  and faced a CV 2 levels higher sorry but CV face the same problem you put a tier 6 CV  in a tier 8 match not much they can do even tier 8 in a tier 10 match is even worse as the AA is even stronger

Easy to say, but putting that into practice is beyond absurd in this game. You may have a few matches where AA ships will stick to and cover its vulnerable allies, but you rarely see that kind of coordination in the game. As for tier 6 CV's in a tier 8 match, that only holds true if the CV captain IS incompetent enough to throw his planes at the wrong targets. He would still be able to target any DD with limited concern for losing his planes and even most cruisers. Even a good handful of BBs are viable targets for taking out assuming they don't have AA builds. A tier 6 CV in a tier 8 match IS the worse case scenario, but it can still remove a ship instantly at the start of the game; it just wont be able to do so throughout the whole match.

2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

Maybe people need to stop blaming CV and start to do something ever hear of that 8 letter word teamwork as it's funny that in rank people can somehow come together and counter a CV but go back to random and nope it all go's away and if you haven't learnt to dodge DB or TB somethings wrong. It's not always the CV player fault and people need to understand that yes there are bad CV player but there is also the fact of WG love for IJN CV and the balance issues with the 2 lines.

"Teamwork" only works if you've got a team instead of a collection of random people playing for their own objectives. Ranked, everyone has the same objective. You play random enough and you know better than to expect that 8 letter word.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that I think that IJN, US, and the OP German mess of a CV are balanced. Of course they aren't. CV's are the single-most lopsided gameplay gimmicks there are. Not just in stats but also in skill. Players playing a unbalanced ship and not being good at it might as well just scuttle their own ship at the beginning of the match for all the good it does the team. But if you are going to take out your Ranger, knowing perfectly well that you are a liability to the team, then you are simply asking for the backlash when the enemy Saipan or Kaga wipes the floor with you and then proceeds to do the same of your unprotected allies.

2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

All i can say about the rework is be careful  what you cryed for as there might be new problems that will come up because of the rework i.e CV wont be able to spot anymore so DD will need to spot again and deal with the radar problem, no warning of torps for other players as CV can't spot them anymore just something to think about.

It's hard to be optimistic with what we've seen WG do so far. Worse they can do is make it so bad that people stop playing them completely... and I don't even think I'd shed a tear if that happened. At the very least, it will go a long way to reducing the chances of a one-sided match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
427
[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
1,371 posts
4,342 battles

I have several CV.  I mostly play them in the scenario of the week against the AI.  That lets me practice getting used to lining up attacks, moving planes to the right place at the right time, that sort of thing.  Sure, it's not going to simulate a random game completely, but I learn what works and doesn't.  The AI is particularly good at dodging torpedo attacks so I get practice doing the "hammer and anvil" (cross drop) attack, or using the manual dive bombing mode to pinpoint drops.

It lets you get used to how to operate the CV efficiently and switch between the map and the game display, etc.  I've also found I get at least some feel for what works and doesn't, what I should attack, and what I should leave to my teammates.  Like, I won't go after a DD with my planes.  Light him up and let my teammates pound him?  Much better option.

That way you learn how to scout for your team effectively.  How to use your fighters as a CAP to keep the enemy planes off your teammates.  Having a carrier driver that knows how to do that effectively makes a huge difference as your team doesn't have to sweat dodging torpedoes, trying to designate AA targets, and worry about being spotted by aircraft.

I'd suggest if you haven't really gotten playing a CV down pat, do it in the scenario games for a while.  You'll get your carrier developed just the same really as playing randoms, but it gives you more of a chance to get used to how to use your carrier effectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
5 hours ago, Levits said:

A CV's planes can run in, within the first 2 minutes of a match, and erase that asset without so much as a afterthought of losing those planes

But they can  do it if they wanted to and any CV player will tell you there planes are it's hp with no planes there is not a lot left they can do and AP DB only works on some ships not all of them so it's a gamble to take AP DB into battle, yet as much as you say about the cross drop etc say a CV do's one mid battle how long is the turn around for the planes to do that and work out if other ships could sink you in that time. i'll give you a tip ask the CV if you need cover, a place scouted for a ship etc if you demand or scream at the CV player there is a good chance they will ignore you why should they give AA cover if you can't ask for it.

5 hours ago, Levits said:

Easy to say, but putting that into practice is beyond absurd in this game. You may have a few matches where AA ships will stick to and cover its vulnerable allies, but you rarely see that kind of coordination in the game. As for tier 6 CV's in a tier 8 match, that only holds true if the CV captain IS incompetent enough to throw his planes at the wrong targets. He would still be able to target any DD with limited concern for losing his planes and even most cruisers. Even a good handful of BBs are viable targets for taking out assuming they don't have AA builds. A tier 6 CV in a tier 8 match IS the worse case scenario, but it can still remove a ship instantly at the start of the game; it just wont be able to do so throughout the whole match.

That's not the CV fault if the other 11 players can't work as a team they all have the tools to do it but no one want's to but will blame the CV sorry but if you have a AA ship you need to cover your teammates, i do it when i play my ships that are set up for AA i'll stick close to who i need to so i can give them AA cover. tier 8 have a  lot of ships that will eat up a tier 6 CV  planes and they don't even have to have AA builds its the same with a tier 8 CV in a tier 10 match you go in charging you will lose your planes and good CV care about losing there planes so most will spot and wait till some AA is knocked out so they can go in for strike.

5 hours ago, Levits said:

A tier 6 CV in a tier 8 match IS the worse case scenario, but it can still remove a ship instantly at the start of the game; it just wont be able to do so throughout the whole match.

Look what happened to Midway the only good US CV because Hakuryu players bitched that they couldn't last the match long term and ran out of planes while Midway had some left, the Midway should be moved down to tier 9 with the amount of nerfs it has had.

5 hours ago, Levits said:

"Teamwork" only works if you've got a team instead of a collection of random people playing for their own objectives. Ranked, everyone has the same objective. You play random enough and you know better than to expect that 8 letter word.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that I think that IJN, US, and the OP German mess of a CV are balanced. Of course they aren't. CV's are the single-most lopsided gameplay gimmicks there are. Not just in stats but also in skill. Players playing a unbalanced ship and not being good at it might as well just scuttle their own ship at the beginning of the match for all the good it does the team. But if you are going to take out your Ranger, knowing perfectly well that you are a liability to the team, then you are simply asking for the backlash when the enemy Saipan or Kaga wipes the floor with you and then proceeds to do the same of your unprotected allies.

Random and ranked are the same they both have the same objectives and that's to win only reason people play as a team in ranked is the reward's i wonder if WG removed them or limit how often you get a reward would people still play the same. You could be good at playing CV but because of the balance issue sometimes the CV player hands are tied in what they are able to do in that match, if they take a Ranger in every CV they face will have a 2-2-2 loadout so they can split the squads and take one down each side and the ranger can only cover 1 side so the other side is going to get hit there is nothing the ranger can do to stop the other strike but the CV will get the blame. I would love for you to ask fem how a ranger is meant to stop the other CV's it could face and cover all your teammates when there are strike planes on both sides of the map, so maybe people need to stop giving backlash to CV players when there is a limit to what some CV can do and take the time to learn and understand that.

5 hours ago, Levits said:

It's hard to be optimistic with what we've seen WG do so far. Worse they can do is make it so bad that people stop playing them completely... and I don't even think I'd shed a tear if that happened. At the very least, it will go a long way to reducing the chances of a one-sided match.

It will end up a one sided match even after the rework it will take time but players will learn the new CV and current CV players if we keep playing CV will know things new CV players don't, same if there is 1 DD on each team chances are one of them is going to be the better player and one team will have a DD and the other will lose there's not long after match starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles
7 hours ago, ausanimal said:

yet as much as you say about the cross drop etc say a CV do's one mid battle how long is the turn around for the planes to do that and work out if other ships could sink you in that time.

2-3 minutes (4 tops) for a round trip if you don't go parking your CV at the edge of the map. It doesn't take much for a skilled CV player to rack up 5 kills a match at tier 6. Tier 5's removal of auto drop has given players a chance there, but I still get plenty of kills in that one too. It especially doesn't take any less for a OP CV at tier 7 to do the same.

7 hours ago, ausanimal said:

i'll give you a tip ask the CV if you need cover

I'll let you in on a even bigger tip, I've asked plenty of spuds for cover only to watch as they have their fighter planes do circles at some [edited]-end of the map. "Provide AA fire support"...pfft yeah right. Don't know what the hell they are so focused on that they can't press one button and then click on the enemy aircraft overhead. New or not, that's lazy AF and their inability to manage their squadrons, especially when their fighters aren't doing a damn thing, is what kicks me off on some of my best rants. And I certainly have no problem calling them out on it.

7 hours ago, ausanimal said:

That's not the CV fault if the other 11 players can't work as a team they all have the tools to do it but no one want's to but will blame the CV sorry but if you have a AA ship you need to cover your teammates, i do it when i play my ships that are set up for AA i'll stick close to who i need to so i can give them AA cover. tier 8 have a  lot of ships that will eat up a tier 6 CV  planes and they don't even have to have AA builds its the same with a tier 8 CV in a tier 10 match you go in charging you will lose your planes and good CV care about losing there planes so most will spot and wait till some AA is knocked out so they can go in for strike.

It is when the CV is another one of those 11 players that don't know how to work as a team. I don't have to  call out Good CV players. I can tell if/when a CV is just outperformed by the enemy. The CV players that I call out are those that blatantly suck or outright personally refuse to aid the team and do some stupid crap that gets its teammates killed for no reason what so ever. Just because that AA ship has the capacity to deal with enemy planes, DOES NOT mean that that CV shouldn't engage those enemy planes himself when the opportunity is there. Even better, the best time to engage those enemy planes is right overtop of you and your AA boat.

In addition, it's a gamble sure, but you still see CV's successfully take out those AA ships escort. You see, there's this thing to do with firing range of AA. At best, your Cleveland has up to 6km's of 150 damage. Manual drop allows me to fire just outside of the 4km range of your heaviest AA, forcing you to move. Sure you can dodge them, but there's a awful good chance that you will be facing a barrage from my team right into your broadside when you do.

8 hours ago, ausanimal said:

I would love for you to ask fem how a ranger is meant to stop the other CV's it could face and cover all your teammates when there are strike planes on both sides of the map, so maybe people need to stop giving backlash to CV players when there is a limit to what some CV can do and take the time to learn and understand that.

OH I've made my stance pretty clear with my own rant post here.   

 I know perfectly well the chances of a Ranger or any US CV holding out against a Air Superiority built CV. The thing is, I still at least attempt to fight against them. That match, before my little rant, I informed everyone there exactly what I was up against. Then I proceeded to attempt to fight the Saipan and provide support how and where I could; and got my [edited]thoroughly handed to me. Not because of skill but because of WG. 

I don't call out Rangers or any other CV for getting outplayed or if they are pitted against overwhelming odds, I call them out for either outright refusing to try and/or for not having the grey matter to be of some use to the team for however long their planes last. In addition, the reason why I stopped playing CV (especially Ranger) is because I know just how much of a liability that ship can be to the team. I don't play Japanese CV because seeing what WG did to the Ranger just put me off of any of that gameplay. I don't expect others to do so, but I sure will let them know just how liable they are to get their teams killed off in the future. Just as I would expect to be called out for the same thing. In case anyone doesn't know right now, the Ranger is the most gimped freaking CV there is in the game right now. Play at your own risk.

8 hours ago, ausanimal said:

It will end up a one sided match even after the rework it will take time but players will learn the new CV and current CV players if we keep playing CV will know things new CV players don't, same if there is 1 DD on each team chances are one of them is going to be the better player and one team will have a DD and the other will lose there's not long after match starts. 

There are a few things they can do to level the playing field but it is not going to get rid of the toxic players or their complaining. If it's not the CV that gets blamed, it's the BB. If not the BB, then the DD or cruiser. If it's not any one of those, then the entire team is at fault for whatever reason. They'll find something to complain about. Best thing to do is grow a thicker layer of skin. But when I'm playing and I see my teams CV with 3 fighter squadrons flying around doing nothing (yes. NOTHING. >As in they are flying in circles somewhere on the map and not even attempting to intercept unprotected bombers!) and my team and I are having to dodge torps and dive-bombers left and right, I've got nothing nice to say to/about that player.

...also, just how long do you think it takes a DD to get to the other side of the map? If a DD can take out a CV that early, that reliably, and that easily, then that CV player is even far more incompetent than I thought. You know exactly just how many enemy DD's there are. If you don't see one and non of your other teammates see one (just like when you don't see a enemy CV's bombers for the first 5 minutes of the match), you should automatically assume that that enemy is coming for you. At the very least, you should damn well be looking for that thing. No excuse what so ever for a enemy DD (or any ship) to sneak up on you with the amount of vision control a CV possesses and I'm more than willing to admit that any time that has happened to me was because I wasn't paying attention and it was entirely my fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
50 posts
6,478 battles

There will always be a non-CV toxic boat in the game, whether you're having a good or bad CV game.  I actually enjoy it when a solo warrior on my team tries blasting me, in chat, for not protecting his ship away from the fleet.  Like it was my responsibility to protect his dumb (you know what) for leaving the group.  I spot for the entire fleet and usually play offensive loadouts to maximize damage.  A Jap CV is best at these 2 things.  US CVs specialty is fighter superiority.  A lot of non-CV players don't understand the CV tactics needed to keep the team in the green (ahead in pts).  A lot of them don't (not all, but a lot).

BOTTOM LINE: You're never going to be rid of stupid people in chat.  I'm guilty of calling out bad play (once in a while) when my team doesn't listen, but as several other responders have said...what's the saying; "you catch more flies with honey".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
On 7/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, Navalpride33 said:

Then MMO games are not for you. Any MMO game you partake in, you will have a toxic contingency of players. The root of this toxicity is debated, my guess its the social/political climate of the EEUU/USA. Back to the point, I wish you well in whatever game you play. GL and HF

A bit off topic,,,but are you serious ?? .THIS >>>....."The root of this toxicity is debated, my guess its the social/political climate of the EEUU/USA"....  All FPS MMO games are toxic,regardless who ,and where playing. . The root is HUMAN nature. We are all FUBAR...... so we vent out our frustration when we play. End of story. And it`s normal too. I say, this is the place where all venting supposed to happen... It`s safe. Nobody gets hurt,just some feelings.... So let them (us) be toxic. Better than go out and shoot each other,or stab each other..

Edited by VonSmallHausenn
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×