You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Tashkent vs Khabarovsk vs. Grozovoi

10 comments in this topic

Members
75 posts
12,332 battles

With the recent changes to the Tashkent, this ship feels like a new one  (not what it was). Guns feels faster, hit harder - but i'm not exactly sure why (latest buff doesn't suggest they are). I've been striving for the Khabi for a while now and have the ship points to do it. I also used to have the Udaloi (sold her) and accumulated 184K on her. So my question is - what would you do, 1) go for Khabaravsk, 2) go for Grozovoi, 3) just keep Tashkent? Ideally, I'd keep Tash anyway, but not sure i'll have cash/captain and if I move up and likely to sell her. Thanks!

[USCG]
Members
525 posts
17,845 battles

I got rid of my Trashkent long before the DD split. Never liked her much and never went back even though she received some buffs. Khaba is fun for running around and starting fires. She isn’t built for stealth so I don’t have to worry too much about radar in the upper tiers. If you’ve ever gone up against a good Khaba operator then you know what a pain they can be to the other team. The Groz is MUCH BETTER now that she has a heal. She’s more of a “stealth” style of DD play and I enjoy that as well. The Khaba & Groz a very different and which style of play you prefer should be the one you lean towards. Good luck.  

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
7,514 battles

I currently own Khaba, Tashkent, Kiev, Leningrad, and Udaloi.  Plan on keeping all of them and will keep Groz once I get it.  

Ships I didn't keep:

• Ognevoi: 2 small turrets...  seems like more of a mediocre torp boat and not your typical run and gun Russian DD
  • Minsk and just about every RU DD before it: The 4k torps just don't cut it.  I like having the option of using torps.  

[SYN]
Members
5,542 posts
12,857 battles

Got every VMF DD going down to the Tier IV Izzy, except for the "torpedo boat" split line.  Fabulously successful in most of them, especially the Podvoisky and Taskent.  I always thought the Pod was perhaps a bit overpowered so I was very surprised to see it receive such a significant buff.

IMO the Tashkent is actually now better than the Khabarovsk.  Gets the Khab's guns but with up to the 15+lkm range of the Tash's old guns.  So what if you get one less turret?  Just half a knot slower and marginally less HP.  Same troll repair.  Attracts much less unwanted attention than the Khab.  Gets to beat up on Tier VIIs.

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
840 posts
11,026 battles
5 hours ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

With the recent changes to the Tashkent, this ship feels like a new one  (not what it was). Guns feels faster, hit harder - but i'm not exactly sure why (latest buff doesn't suggest they are). I've been striving for the Khabi for a while now and have the ship points to do it. I also used to have the Udaloi (sold her) and accumulated 184K on her. So my question is - what would you do, 1) go for Khabaravsk, 2) go for Grozovoi, 3) just keep Tashkent? Ideally, I'd keep Tash anyway, but not sure i'll have cash/captain and if I move up and likely to sell her. Thanks!

Groz and Khab are two very different boats, with very different playstyles - while Khab and Tash (and Udaloi, for that matter) are fairly similar.

I bored pretty quickly of Khab's playstyle, honestly.  When I want to run around setting fires with the left mouse button depressed - I just sail Hindy, which does a much, much better job of it.

Groz, however - is my favorite DD in the game, at the moment, as its very capable of fulfilling all the traditional DD roles which I enjoy more than the "mini-cruiser" role.  Additionally - its an absolute plane swatter, when the boat and skipper are set up for it.

Unless you are absolutely taken with Tash's playstyle (which isn't all that different from Khab's) - my advice would be to keep Tash - purchase back Udaloi, and grind out Groz - but only if you are a fan of the more traditional DD roles of capping, stealth torping and spotting (Groz holds my spotting damage record at 196K).

Otherwise - continue on to Khab and work on Groz sometime down the road.

[ICBM]
Members
571 posts
7,510 battles

I love Tash, Udaloi, Groz, and Khab. They are all competitive and very fun. If I had to choose just one, it would probably bee Grozovoi as it is the most versatile. Its like a tier X leningrad. That being said I think Udaloi is the most fun because its small and agile with great guns and can just troll the heck out of everyone. Khab is a powerhouse and if you are smart can really wreck the other team. Tash is probably the ultimate trollboat now since it has khab turrets. Hard to hit at range with heals and everything. 

Yeah. I love my RU dds. 

One thing to keep in mind is cash flow. I slapped the premium camo on Khab and even running premium consumables she makes a fair amount of cash for me. Nothing like the missouri, but still, steady cash flow. Plus with the 100% xp bonus, you level your captain really fast and once you hit 19 points all that xp just goes int the bank. Since I got my khab captain to 19, I have 10 point captains on all my RU dds (and I have all of them past tier V except minsk and thats just cause I got leningrad).  If you get good at Khab you just rake in the XP. If you got premium and the premium camo, son, that would be ridiculous. This is, of course, my plan when christmas discounts roll around again. 

I also like Khab and grozzo because you never get uptiered. Udalo and Tash really don't suffer from uptiering, though. So I guess it's not that relevant.

Never forget this, though. No DD wastes enemy DDs like a khab. That armor and heal makes it a nightmare. Tash and Grozzo are strong vs enemy DDs, but still nowhere close to Khab. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,528 posts
8,135 battles

Tier for tier, IMO, the Tash is better than the Khaba (even before the latest change). Ever see what a Tashkent can do in a Tier 7 match? hahaha

With the recent changes, the Groz is one of my favorite DDs. The AA, even with a full AA build doesn't seem all that effective against Tier 9/X CVs though...sort of disappointing. 

[OO7]
Members
331 posts
25,209 battles

Imo the Grozovoi is now the best t10 dd. I run radio location with full survivability and act as a dd hunter. Anything I can take, I can outrun. Anything that will rip me apart I can avoid with detection and RL (6 km stealth). The big difference is the heal which gives the Groz the ability to mix it up in gun fights and not have to worry too much about hp loss. On a shorter note, GET THE GROZOVOI.

Screenshot (114).png

• Cool 1

[ARCO]
Members
779 posts
1,274 battles

Yesterday I achieved this, Tashkent with new Khaba turrets. IFHE and DE fitted.

Just by the amount of shells that arrived to their deck somebody should be injured.

wI2oXu.jpg

Edited by Patosentado