You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Since the patch, anyone else think the Massachusetts is covered in lighter fluid?

32 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,192 posts
9,503 battles

Maybe I'm crazy, but it sure seems like fires start on the Massachusetts a LOT more now since the patch than before it. Anyone else noticing a big sudden difference?

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
18 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but it sure seems like fires start on the Massachusetts a LOT more now since the patch than before it. Anyone else noticing a big sudden difference?

Maybe, just MAYBE...

I hear Tinfoil keeps the heat out better:Smile-_tongue:

Members
806 posts
5,710 battles

Oh no no.  It was definitely the case before 7.7 as well.  One match I had a single Indianapolis light my Massachusetts up eight times.  Eight.  From one single CA.  Somehow or another I finished the match with a sliver of health and he did not, but I complimented him post-match for a damn fine bit of luck.

-R

[_EASY]
Members
276 posts
11,735 battles
20 minutes ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

All BBs are covered in lighter fluid. Nothing has changed.

Agreed 100%.  Main reason I have been playing my fire lighting Cleveland instead of my preferred BB Bismarck lately. 

I had three BB's in a line, started multiple fires on all three.  Sunk one with Main guns but the others sunk from the fires...

[CUTER]
Privateers, Supertester
870 posts

Quite likely, more people getting dedicated captains for her, instead of the standard USN Captain that includes Fire Prevention.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,305 posts
6,832 battles
28 minutes ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

All BBs are covered in lighter fluid. Nothing has changed.

This ^^^^

And those IFHE secondaries are so hot any spark is deadly...

[ARGSY]
Members
17,539 posts
12,181 battles

I don't know about being covered in lighter fluid, but a battle I had recently in my Edinburgh tells me she's pretty good at squirting it out. Two fires from two secondary hits in short order.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

I think people, especially cruisers, have just caught on to what a huge threat she is and are focusing on her more.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
477 posts
4,670 battles

Every now and then there's a "Since the patch, [ship] has [gotten worse in some way]"

The developers will always let us know what they change something.

• Funny 1

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,211 posts
9,824 battles

Thing is, Mass is more than capable of returning the favor. Tested one build in co-op, using DE, AFT, and ManSec. Killed one bot Alabama with 30K damage, 7K of that from secondary shell hits, the rest from SIX fires that got lit and relit while I was dealing with another threat. The easiest way to keep from getting burned down in the Mass, is to kill whatever it is that's trying to set you on fire.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,257 posts
6,233 battles

Personally I think it may be a result of more people wising up to her gimmick and, in response, slinging a lot more HE focus-fire her way to try and counter those monster secondaries and AA capability. After all her 5" mounts are just as squishy as any other USN ships', they just reach further and shoot faster.

Members
2,984 posts
1,448 battles

Lol, nothing new, this game and it's HE Fire [edited] is out of fking control.  The reason you probably notice it, is your in a BB that brawls up close, so it gets shot alot.  Your basically asking to get [edited] playing a Mass.....

Mass plays right into the hands of the gimmick HE Fire meta [edited].....you gotta get close to be effective, but once your up close, your just smoldering steel.

Edited by KnightFandragon
  • Cool 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
485 posts
5,091 battles

Well now you know how every German BB captain feels, Floating kindling piles.:cap_viking:

[BNKR]
Members
1,553 posts
2,039 battles

Mine spends half the match on fire, but that's because I drive her right into the middle of the furball and bash people's faces in. Superintendent with premium repair party ftw.

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Mine spends half the match on fire, but that's because I drive her right into the middle of the furball and bash people's faces in. Superintendent with premium repair party ftw.

Yeah same as my Bismarck. The price BBs that like brawl with Secondaries pay is getting fires more often. But certainly worth it.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
2,868 posts
9,387 battles
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, TheArc said:

I suspect you aren't crazy, but you are almost certainly running afoul of a combination of confirmation  bias and bad luck. 

• Cool 1

[TJRD]
Members
817 posts
4,891 battles

The Devs realized it had German secondaries and were like"well it needs to burn like a German BB to!"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
2,984 posts
1,448 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Orrin said:

The Devs realized it had German secondaries and were like"well it needs to burn like a German BB to!"

Every ship burns like a German BB.....just cruisers and destroyers run out of health before they get lit up to many times.

[TJRD]
Members
817 posts
4,891 battles
8 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Every ship burns like a German BB.....just cruisers and destroyers run out of health before they get lit up to many times.

Of course. There's just a sterotype that German BBs are always on fire. :Smile-_tongue:

Members
4,410 posts
17,771 battles
40 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Didn't Zippo Originate in Mass?

Nope. Bradford Pennsylvania in 1932.

[FORM]
Members
1,192 posts
9,503 battles

Thanks for the responses everyone. Good to know I'm not alone, nor unique... even if some folks think I'm just whining/venting.

And as to AyanoMidori's reply... I wish I had your optimism. But as someone who's been around since the beta days of WoT, I know that they introduce stealth tweaks/nerfs from time to time, and they also sometimes... *gasp* have bugs in their code which cause problems.

Either way, its definitely not game breaking, but it sure seems like a lazy way to balance stuff.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Nope. Bradford Pennsylvania in 1932.

East enough for me lol

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles
On 7/30/2018 at 3:15 PM, TheArc said:

Thanks for the responses everyone. Good to know I'm not alone, nor unique... even if some folks think I'm just whining/venting.

And as to AyanoMidori's reply... I wish I had your optimism. But as someone who's been around since the beta days of WoT, I know that they introduce stealth tweaks/nerfs from time to time, and they also sometimes... *gasp* have bugs in their code which cause problems.

Either way, its definitely not game breaking, but it sure seems like a lazy way to balance stuff.

Lol just wait until it goes beyond fires, I have seen some days where RNG hits some of it’s extremes and I get crazy by few HE shells and lose pretty much  my AA guns and most of Secondaries. Then other days I can take waterfalls of fire from the sky and barely have any AA or secondary guns get knocked out lol. Although most of the time things are more normal and not at those 2 extremes, but it can happen on rare occasions.