Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Correct way to play Republique?

4 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
440 posts
9,831 battles

I just got her a few hrs ago and I point a 15 point cpt on her. From what I've seen from other players way better then me that during the first half of the battle you stay at around 15-18 km and use your main guns to snipe since there very accurate and have high pen values. Once the enemy ships start bleeding health I move in and use my secondaries along with main battery. Is this a sound strategy or am I over thinking things? TIA

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,259 posts
6,233 battles

My experience with Republique is limited to space battles, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but this sounds right to me. She's a very flexible ship that can leverage both mid/long range accuracy and penetration alongside close range secondary punch and agility to her advantage; alternating between a mid-range artillery platform and an up-close nimble brawler. All that combines with speed boost to provide an excellent package that can relocate where needed much more easily than most BBs, especially at tier 10. I know that's why she's the tier 10 BB I want most right now.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,811 posts
21,855 battles

"Accuracy" and "Republique" are like Oil & Water.  She shoots fast, her Sigma is supposedly pretty good, but 8 rifles only leave a lot of chances for RNG to f-ck you over the same way RNG screws over Conqueror 457 and her 8 rifles in that configuration.  457 Conq has high Sigma also, but you wouldn't know it.  Get in a shootout with a Yamato that knows what it's doing at range, Republique gets the worse end of that deal.

Still, Secondary Spec Republique has to play it patiently the same way German BBs do.  Bid your time, don't be stupid early on, and know when to hammer it in.  Do it in the wrong time, or get impatient, then you're dead.

Mind you, all I've ever played Republique in is with a Secondary Spec.  I haven't tried Main Battery Build to see how the guns behave in such a setup

Be very careful however if you want to get very close where clean shots to the side are possible.  Republique is actually pretty tough, but you will get reminded that she doesn't have GK's German Turtlebacks.

You can also help your Secondaries out before you're in Secondaries range.  Republique has high fire chance in her HE shells.  Prep someone up with some fires early on and when they get into Secondaries range, they'll be cooking even more.  Then keep AP loaded once in the brawl to make someone pay for any mistakes.  Your Secondaries will keep the meat cooking.

Members
479 posts
11,662 battles

I don’t get into secondary engagements on purpose very often as this is a situation where you are guaranteed to take more damage.  Use of secondaries for me is more related to point defense if a ship gets close out of my control or if I have to strategically occupy a space that forces close quarters.

So I would say you want to always engage in unfair dmg exchanges, and since the republique has high velocity heavy shells that pen anything even at long ranges this is the advantage to exploit.

Of course your secondaries are good but anytime your using them your also more vulnerable to other people’s strengths 

For me the best part of republique is being able to move faster and maneuver better than any other B.B. and with your faster reload, quick turret rotation which can include turning the ship to enhance targeting.  This let’s you get off opportunity shots quite often on broadside ships that are moving around between islands and DD that are spotted / radar.

In summary I feel the strength of the ship is mid range support, 10-17km with the ability to project force across the map to support other task forces with range. Add to that the ability to push quickly for decisive up close presence or withdrawal and over the shoulder firing kiting you have an amazingly flexible ship.

Edited by Visidious

Sign in to follow this