Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Another T10 Grind Complete - ends on a high

10 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
3,622 posts
14,525 battles

Hi, so a bit of a brag thread.  Just finished the grind for my 5th Tier 10 ship, and it ended in spectacular fashion that I thought I should share...

Spoiler

5b5d762955cc2_180729Rooncomplete.thumb.jpg.6973de38b2dd3058fa4603217fa9d411.jpg

With winning streaks like that, who needs enemies?  

I had genuinely awful teams as well - only one of those was close, where we stopped the enemy's points on 999, but couldnt make up the difference before time ran out - our DDs steadfastly refused to cap until all but 1 enemy ships were killed.  I had teammates in a shima yolo right at the start of the battle into the main enemy force, dying before even firing any torps. Why? I had three cruisers move out of island cover one at a time, broadside to two or three T10 BBs who were spotted, just waiting to delete them.  Why? 

Winning is sometimes too hard. But I got there in the end. 

Dont lose hope.  

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
17,539 posts
12,181 battles
2 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Hi, so a bit of a brag thread.  Just finished the grind for my 5th Tier 10 ship, and it ended in spectacular fashion that I thought I should share...

Reveal hidden contents

5b5d762955cc2_180729Rooncomplete.thumb.jpg.6973de38b2dd3058fa4603217fa9d411.jpg

With winning streaks like that, who needs enemies?  

I had genuinely awful teams as well - only one of those was close, where we stopped the enemy's points on 999, but couldnt make up the difference before time ran out - our DDs steadfastly refused to cap until all but 1 enemy ships were killed.  I had teammates in a shima yolo right at the start of the battle into the main enemy force, dying before even firing any torps. Why? I had three cruisers move out of island cover one at a time, broadside to two or three T10 BBs who were spotted, just waiting to delete them.  Why? 

Winning is sometimes too hard. But I got there in the end. 

Dont lose hope.  

I'm nowhere near my first Tier 10, but I sometimes get towards the end of an "Any number of games" grind (including ship grinds) and things go to hell like this. Nothing to do but press on. At least the progress is never backwards.

(It's why I usually complete the propulsion, gunnery and torpedo upgrades before the hulls, wherever possible; I know that once I've finished off that last hull and I'm on the way to the next ship, there are no other demands on ship XP.)

[FML]
Members
3,622 posts
14,525 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm nowhere near my first Tier 10, but I sometimes get towards the end of an "Any number of games" grind (including ship grinds) and things go to hell like this. Nothing to do but press on. At least the progress is never backwards.

(It's why I usually complete the propulsion, gunnery and torpedo upgrades before the hulls, wherever possible; I know that once I've finished off that last hull and I'm on the way to the next ship, there are no other demands on ship XP.)

Interesting, almost always it is best to get the next hull before propulsion, range or gun upgrades - not just because of the better HP, but usually it has soft stat bonuses such as rudder shift, secondaries and AA. A little bit of extra range is almost never that much useful...

• Cool 1

Members
623 posts
8,795 battles

Good news is that the narcotic-like buzz of the Hindenburg is exactly the medicine needed to forget about all those losses in the Roon.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
3,622 posts
14,525 battles
17 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

Good news is that the narcotic-like buzz of the Hindenburg is exactly the medicine needed to forget about all those losses in the Roon.

Looking forward to it :)

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
266 posts
6,696 battles
2 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Interesting, almost always it is best to get the next hull before propulsion, range or gun upgrades - not just because of the better HP, but usually it has soft stat bonuses such as rudder shift, secondaries and AA. A little bit of extra range is almost never that much useful...

This, plus on some of the mid-tier ships the B or C hull unlocks consumables unavailable on the A hull.

[FML]
Members
3,622 posts
14,525 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

First battle, 187k damage. Not too bad...

Except it was a loss...

Sigh.

Sign in to follow this