You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Got a funny chat ban.

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles

Today in a match on Haven, at the start of the battle I suggest team concentrates strength at B, then move to C. Normal stuff. One guy questions the need for any plan, and mocks me based on my username saying something like: "Grand Viceroy thinks he knows it all." Gave them a history lesson and told them my "Grand Viceroy" was a military rank in ancient China, during periods like the Three Kingdoms. I defended myself, saying that a plan likely leads to a win, and told him if he just wants to have fun he can get sunk and nobody will be there for him. Alright, then I focus on the match. Since I was in a Helena, a USN light cruiser, I found an island, parked behind it, lobbed shells and played it the way it's intended to be played. I told him the playstyle of these ships. That guy and his division mate, both in battleships, start mocking me once again for being a "cowardly island camper." One of them, the guy in the Gneiseneau, fires at me for no apparent reason. I said nothing to offend them, absolutely nothing. Fortunately I only lost less than 3k health. Then, that division and some other guys start making very irrelevant jokes. Out of concern for the battle, I ask them to stop joking around and concentrate on the fighting. They didn't reply, but when I tried to type again to get my team to focus an enemy DD near the cap, I found out I was chat banned. I hadn't said anything offensive / profane. Were they that pissed off at me because I was asking for a plan so we could all win? And for asking them to focus on the battle?

Maybe those potatoes were too annoyed that I was  ruining their "fun", and enough of them reported me?

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 4

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,532 battles

Submit a ticket with Wargaming to get the chatban reversed if you really didn't do anything to warrant it.

I do believe though that players should never have the authority to globally chatban other players, since that can lead to cases like above where one toxic group of players can abuse it simply because they don't like someone.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Replays and/or screenshots of the chat will also help. Given your (good) behavior on the forums, I doubt you're fudging the truth, but there are a lot of folks on here who will say stuff like "replay, or it didn't happen" or just outright accuse you of lying.

23 minutes ago, Deno said:

I do believe though that players should never have the authority to globally chatban other players, since that can lead to cases like above where one toxic group of players can abuse it simply because they don't like someone.

^^This.

Amateur moderators can be a huge problem for any community, if left unchecked. Giving such wannabes access to the tools to enforce their idiocy is a recipe for disaster of epic proportions.

[UDEAD]
Members
708 posts
6,680 battles

Doubt youre as innocent as you claim to be. Just let it go. Its just 24hrs and if it is longer, that means you have been chat banned before. If you have then you likely deserved it. No need to come running to the forums to complain about it.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
25 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Doubt youre as innocent as you claim to be. Just let it go. Its just 24hrs and if it is longer, that means you have been chat banned before. If you have then you likely deserved it. No need to come running to the forums to complain about it.

...called it. :Smile_trollface:

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

You got banned because that guy in the div and his buds flagged you for misbehavior in chat. Seeing as that is the only report with a repercussion it gets used inappropriately quite often and usually just for poor play, you don't even need to type anything.

Members
3,010 posts
10,189 battles

As a couple of others have said, appeal it, but be sure to include a screenshot and the full replay for the CS Dept. The screenshot of the event, I can only speculate because I've never been banned or even warned, but take one of when the conversation first starts with them and be sure to write that time stamp down in your ticket. This should help with the appeal and help speed things up.

Those saying let it go even if you're innocent are forgetting that WoWs has a progressive punishment system. So appealing this and if it's dropped, you won't get a strike.

Also, with regards to your name, it could be worse. I remember back in OBT and saying "gl hf" before the match started and a team member saying something along the lines of how he was going to come over and burn my family (BURN_Miner being my game name).

Ya, that guy was stellar. lol

[RKLES]
Members
11,803 posts
13,398 battles
2 hours ago, Deno said:

Submit a ticket with Wargaming to get the chatban reversed if you really didn't do anything to warrant it.

Yeah only way a player should have the authority to trigger a chat ban on another player is if screenshots or replay is sent into Moderators and Moderators consider it worthy of a ban and activate a ban.

So if somebody really annoyed me, which takes a lot I might add. I can have the satisfaction of taking screenshots instead of arguing and send thos screenshots in, knowing that offender will be getting jumbo sized ban. Like yesterday had somebody on enemy team really chewing me out using heavy profanity, some very inappropriate things, and of course insults as well. All over simply getting sunk by my Graf Spee, which I use to best of my ability since not only is it a great ship, but somebody gifted it to me so I feel I always have to use gifts well that people were kind enough to send me. So I had sunk 4 enemy ships including the player that got very angry over it.

And my my not giving such insults back at them and instead being polite means that the full wrath of moderator team will be directed at them instead of me.

[WOLF8]
Members
381 posts
7,307 battles

Gosh, why could they have been picking on you?  The social skills you displayed were impeccable.

[HINON]
Members
12,680 posts

In this case you likely dont even need the replay or screenshots as CS can look right at your chat logs.

[PHASE]
Members
6,138 posts
19,439 battles
3 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Today in a match on Haven, at the start of the battle I suggest team concentrates strength at B, then move to C. Normal stuff. One guy questions the need for any plan, and mocks me based on my username saying something like: "Grand Viceroy thinks he knows it all." Gave them a history lesson and told them my "Grand Viceroy" was a military rank in ancient China, during periods like the Three Kingdoms. I defended myself, saying that a plan likely leads to a win, and told him if he just wants to have fun he can get sunk and nobody will be there for him. Alright, then I focus on the match. Since I was in a Helena, a USN light cruiser, I found an island, parked behind it, lobbed shells and played it the way it's intended to be played. I told him the playstyle of these ships. That guy and his division mate, both in battleships, start mocking me once again for being a "cowardly island camper." One of them, the guy in the Gneiseneau, fires at me for no apparent reason. I said nothing to offend them, absolutely nothing. Fortunately I only lost less than 3k health. Then, that division and some other guys start making very irrelevant jokes. Out of concern for the battle, I ask them to stop joking around and concentrate on the fighting. They didn't reply, but when I tried to type again to get my team to focus an enemy DD near the cap, I found out I was chat banned. I hadn't said anything offensive / profane. Were they that pissed off at me because I was asking for a plan so we could all win? And for asking them to focus on the battle?

Maybe those potatoes were too annoyed that I was  ruining their "fun", and enough of them reported me?

Don't worry about it, you got e-mugged and it's over. Just move on. The chat banned system is flawed and can be taken advantage of...but it doesn't happen that often.

I got nailed by calling out a major clan for attempting to drop sync 6 players into one game....they used 3 in a division and the other three all went single hoping to land on the same team with the division.....I got chat banned by them before I could type  a second sentence.

[TIMT]
Alpha Tester
74 posts

Only time I have ever seen it abused was a clan seal clubbing at lower tier by grouping and timing, ND they used it on players who killed them.

[PVE]
Members
3,687 posts
15,704 battles

Such a mess....

I had a match in a T8 DD with only 2 T8 DD's and the rest were T10 ships and half way through the match a friendly T10 BB shot me and took half my HP's because "you aren't doing you job....get out there and die trying killing their DD's A******"  His division mates then fired across my bow as well...... All BB's.

I was the highest score in the loss.  And, killed both of the enemy DD's in a DD......  The game is slipping on the slippery slope called radar.....we can't get into caps easily as DD cpt's anymore and many get infuriated that we are keeping our distance and spotting and then, exploiting "seams of radar or CV coverage" to get into effective ranges...and die a lot !!!  That takes time.  And BB's are not willing to "come forward" so..............us DD's guys get TK'd or damaged in their rage. 

They were reported but, I saw the same group do the same thing an hour later on the other side...... 

[0456]
Members
3,348 posts
9,066 battles
8 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

... Gave them a history lesson...   

This is probably around the time the chat ban happened. 

• Cool 2

[PHASE]
Members
6,138 posts
19,439 battles
2 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

This is probably around the time the chat ban happened. 

cannot overstate how simplistic yet funny this statement is. +1