Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
needlenoses4

dissapearing ships

17 comments in this topic

[K0]
Members
111 posts
10,927 battles

I realize that ships can vanish for a number of reason like smoke and camo but what is happening is crazy.  Doesn't matter what I sail in, I can visually see, well within range 2 to 5 ships.  I am getting targeted and hit but I cant shoot back because ALL THE SHIPS vanish at the same time.  During this time frame they are hitting me  a lot.  So I spend my time evading shell coming from unseen sources.  One at a time I can get.   No sign of weather and I can see all my teammates that are in or out of range.  So what gives here; I am getting pounded by multiple ships and unable to fight back in a reasonable fashion.  Even a T5 DD that I am aiming torps with will suddenly lose a group of targets.  When they all reappear they are heading somewhere else.

I feel like throwing up my hands and sending I give; shoot me. 

[H-WS]
Members
359 posts
5,769 battles
40 minutes ago, needlenoses4 said:

I realize that ships can vanish for a number of reason like smoke and camo but what is happening is crazy.  Doesn't matter what I sail in, I can visually see, well within range 2 to 5 ships.  I am getting targeted and hit but I cant shoot back because ALL THE SHIPS vanish at the same time.  During this time frame they are hitting me  a lot.  So I spend my time evading shell coming from unseen sources.  One at a time I can get.   No sign of weather and I can see all my teammates that are in or out of range.  So what gives here; I am getting pounded by multiple ships and unable to fight back in a reasonable fashion.  Even a T5 DD that I am aiming torps with will suddenly lose a group of targets.  When they all reappear they are heading somewhere else.

If I had to guess, there was a friendly spotting the group of enemies that died.  This would cause all of them to go undetected at once.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,136 posts
14,126 battles

5,000+ games and you haven't learned how the spotting mechanics work?  :Smile_amazed:

[TIMT]
Alpha Tester
74 posts

I saw one of the  community contributer people, not Flamu,  but another similar, say it's being reworked right now.

• Cool 1

Members
5,108 posts
9,334 battles
9 hours ago, Horama said:

If I had to guess, there was a friendly spotting the group of enemies that died.  This would cause all of them to go undetected at once.

Without a replay - this ^^^^^^^^^^ above is the answer.

[K0]
Members
111 posts
10,927 battles

I didn't notice any of the ships in question DYING so to speak; they all just reappeared like a switch was thrown. Last time 5 BBs just showed up  ( not from around a land mass ) My turrets were turned in their general direction but poof, gone before I could draw a bead. So I gotta decide whether to bug out or turn into them for a fight ( not a health choice when blind )  I try to remember their positioning so that I can be ready to re-aim but sometimes they ALL go away within a couple of seconds. Maybe desmo-2 could expand on his comment re: Spotting Mechanism; just blurting that out isn't of any help for anyone.

[LOU1]
Members
4,078 posts
11,293 battles

With this happening so often, I would definitely submit a Support ticket.  It is intriguing that you had been able to see the ships and then they disappear even when firing at you line of sight.  Can't see how lag, ping, or any normal mechanic would account for the repeated occurrence of you are describing.  It wouldn't hurt to check your settings, too.

Try starting the game in Safe Mode (down arrow to the right of the Play button in launcher).

Run Check and Repair in the Launcher (under Game settings in upper left of the news pane).

Check your setting in-game, I am specifically thinking of the Draw Distance - it should be on far.  

Check your video drivers and make sure they are up-to-date.

Check if there is a pending Windows update.  On my machine, uninstalled Updates cause sluggish and erratic performance.

If you submit a Support ticket, they will walk you through sending in logs so they can see exactly what is happening in your client.  WG is the only one that fully interpret that.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
2,229 posts
11,347 battles
11 hours ago, needlenoses4 said:

If you want us to help you, you need to post a replay.  If you refuse to post a replay which takes less than 3 minutes to do, then it's a sign that your unwillingness for us to actually help you is the same limitation in character that is going to keep you from solving your problem.

You can't have your cake and eat it to.  If you're going to expend the energy to complain about something you don't know about yet refuse to apply the effort to learn, then you are engaging in the very basic example of contradiction.

If you lack the resourcefulness to google, "World of Warships enable replays" and follow the instructions (if you don't already have replays enabled).  And then google, "Where can I post world of warships replays?" then again, it will tell everyone that you just aren't someone that is capable of overcoming their challenges.

So you have a choice.  Post the replays so we can help you or don't and continue to be disappointed in your inability to progress through the learning curve which the latter isn't going to garner you much respect from the community.

[INTEL]
Members
1,640 posts
14,065 battles
8 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

5,000+ games and you haven't learned how the spotting mechanics work?  :Smile_amazed:

8000+ games and you haven't learned WG doesn't produce perfect code? :Smile_amazed:

I was running in Raptor Rescue last night when a bot CV's disappeared for about 20 seconds.

1) in the open

2) all bot DDs dead

3) two player ships with direct LOS, I was roughly 7.5Km while our Budy was around 6km

4) We could actually see the planes being launched as they were rolling on the deck but not the ship.

I would've assumed a video issue on my side except our Budy driver immediately "mentioned it".. colorfully... on discord.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,290 posts
6,525 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

8000+ games and you haven't learned WG doesn't produce perfect code? :Smile_amazed:

I was running in Raptor Rescue last night when a bot CV's disappeared for about 20 seconds.

1) in the open

2) all bot DDs dead

3) two player ships with direct LOS, I was roughly 7.5Km while our Budy was around 6km

4) We could actually see the planes being launched as they were rolling on the deck but not the ship.

I would've assumed a video issue on my side except our Budy driver immediately "mentioned it".. colorfully... on discord.

Romulans

[K0]
Members
111 posts
10,927 battles

8000 games I don't think so;  wasn't getting on you, just wasn't anywhere for me to go following that input. Will have a serious look at the detection site. Tks.

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
On 7/28/2018 at 10:31 PM, needlenoses4 said:

I've noticed that Premiums tend to disappear far more often than regular ships. Ever try hitting a Kidd, for example, or any Premium DD? 

:cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this