You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Teir 9

9 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,265 posts

I try nit to complain like I use to aka Enterprize came out.

That said WG please tell why t9 ships have to stink so much? I would rather take a t7 ship to a t10 fight than a t9 ship. Basicly there t8 ships with a heal but there bigger slower to turn and cant manuver as well.

It feels like its designers to get you to free xp.  Alspice was fun and maybe Fletcher but the rest I have stunk. I have all the crusier but ijn. And they all stink.

Now with the new mods its even tougher. I dont know what the fix is but I would somthing done.

• Boring 2

[WOLF3]
Members
24,807 posts
21,855 battles

Depends.  Some of the IX's are really good but others are minor improvements from VIII.

I'd say the Tier IX BBs, DDs, and CVs are in a good spot.  But IX Cruisers, well, not really.  They're pretty mediocre.  Since you mentioned OP, that your IX has basically improved only due to the new presence of Repair Party, I'm guessing that's exactly what you're suffering in.  Tier IX Cruisers.

Tier VIII-IX Cruisers are IMO, pretty mediocre compared to other ship lines.  It's great in Tier VII and X as a Cruiser, but in between, there's a lot of mediocrity there.

Another recurring problem with IX ships in general, is once you get to the X ship, very few of the IX ships merit keeping.

I can justify keeping Iowa even after getting Montana because of her concealment and 33kt speed.

I can justify keeping Alsace even after getting Republique because Alsace is "traditional" in BB setup and is still a strong ship.

I can justify keeping Fletcher after getting to Gearing because of her agility and ease of sailing.

Then you got the other IX's, such as:

Roon is real cool, but does she do anything to warrant taking a Port Slot after I get Hindenburg?  NO.  Hindenburg is superior in every way to Roon.

Keep Essex while you just got Midway? :Smile_teethhappy:

Keep FDG after you got GK? :Smile_teethhappy:

Keep Ibuki after you got Zao :Smile_playing:

Stick around with Neptune after getting Minotaur???

Does Lion merit keeping after reaching Conqueror?  Does she do anything special Conqueror can't?

Some IX ships do special things that the X doesn't, but a good chunk of them are obsolete trash once you reach Tier X.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[LLF]
Beta Testers
511 posts
11 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

That brings nothing to a convertation

you made two of the same post so I assume your drunk.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
930 posts
11,239 battles

T9 is definitely a wall at times as you frequently see strong T10 ships.

It does teach you to play cautiously though, pick your targets and know when to hold or push, more so than at T7. The highest tiers are very unforgiving of mistakes.

That being said, most the cruisers at those tiers are great to play. They all have play styles that differ and they all try indirect fire where possible or kiting/manoeuvring to keep at range.

I liked all my T9 cruisers and haven't had an issue with any so far. The Neptune, Roon and Donskoi (IFHE spam) are some of the easiest to play.

[SOV]
Members
4,265 posts
2 hours ago, _greifer said:

T9 is definitely a wall at times as you frequently see strong T10 ships.

It does teach you to play cautiously though, pick your targets and know when to hold or push, more so than at T7. The highest tiers are very unforgiving of mistakes.

That being said, most the cruisers at those tiers are great to play. They all have play styles that differ and they all try indirect fire where possible or kiting/manoeuvring to keep at range.

I liked all my T9 cruisers and haven't had an issue with any so far. The Neptune, Roon and Donskoi (IFHE spam) are some of the easiest to play.

That's very true. T5 6 and 7 are very good crusier tiers. I am suffering through Seattle I am sure worchester will be worth it.

Edited by jags_domain

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,910 posts
5,942 battles

Well Izumo used to be a pain to  grind.

• Cool 1