You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KRISTINE_THE_SHIRTLESS

Special Missions for Shark/Eagle Event

6 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
6,796 battles

The event is enjoyable but the special missions that we have to complete are not completely visible. I miss them popping up most of the time and the one I did complete, I did it by sure luck. I had no idea it had popped up.

So maybe post it at the beginning of the match where you know someone will be sure to see it. I have lost out on a lot and wish I could have completed them.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
3,574 posts
7,677 battles

Personally I don't think I've ever missed it, it is kinda big, but I can see how someone could. 

Weird thing is I sometimes get them as a pop up in the middle of the match (bout half way) with it like half done and I'm like 'when did that start yo'?

Usually though mine do pop up in the beginning which is nice. Or I just check the tab menu.  

Having it come up at the beginning every time would be cool though. 

[PVE]
Members
541 posts
10,099 battles
On 7/28/2018 at 10:57 AM, Sinboto said:

Weird thing is I sometimes get them as a pop up in the middle of the match (bout half way) with it like half done and I'm like 'when did that start yo'?

You get updates when you make progress. Eg, if the mission is to get 3 defend points a message pops up after 1, and other after 2 and 3.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,991 posts
22,560 battles
1 hour ago, evanr1940 said:

You get updates when you make progress. Eg, if the mission is to get 3 defend points a message pops up after 1, and other after 2 and 3.

Been having a hell of a time playing a carrier with these special missions. I start out on the alternative map (when you have the standard ship view then hit "m") to give orders to my planes and set waypoints for my ship. I don't even know I have a special mission until it fails, I complete it, or get a notification about its progress.. The one that annoys me the most is "spotting 12 torpedoes". I can either hover my fighters near enemy torp planes to get the spots I need but hurt my team or do like I normally do and shoot down all the incoming torpedo planes..... That wasn't well thought out but since it is Wargaming, that is hardly surprising. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
541 posts
10,099 battles
9 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The one that annoys me the most is "spotting 12 torpedoes". 

The "kill 7 fighters" is easy though ;)

Members
614 posts

My favorites are "get 50 ribbons" and "get 25 secondary hits" while in a Massachusetts.

I tend to miss them at the beginning of the match as well, knowing full well that's where they are.  Maybe still looking at team lists, chat if there's a plan forming, etc.  I need to get better at checking right after starting.