Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blackgunner

Why I am #TeamEagles and you should be too!

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles

1. The Bald Eagle is the symbol of America!

2. Sharks ate the crew of the Indianapolis, you monsters!

3. Air > Water

4. Cooler Camo

 

So join Eagles today!  (Or Tomorrow)

 

Makes Eagles Great Again!

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,105
[SPTR]
Members
3,474 posts
5,731 battles

1. Bald Eagle is one of the smallest eagle on earth, eating only fish and is basically a glorified seagull

2. Sharks ate the crew of the Indianapolis, how badass is that

3. This is World of Warships, not World of Warplanes, so air can wait

4. Camo that doesn't looks like you have white worms crawling out of your ship


Blood is in the water, our time has come!

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[HYDRA]
Members
53 posts
8,466 battles

I read the first point and thats why i chose Sharks. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[PVE]
Members
382 posts
8,583 battles
26 minutes ago, Sebazul11 said:

I read the first point and thats why i chose Sharks. 

Could this be the real reason why the sharks are winning, Team America hating?

Your enemies will always show you who they fear. 

It's really "brave" to hate on the big dog. Easier than fixing your own country right?

giphy.gif

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,416 posts
3,337 battles

This is a naval game, with mighty and fearsome warships prowling the immense sea...

...which is the same water where sharks roam.

But eagles? Yeah, they're cool animals too, but they aren't very adapt at open sea life. As someone already said, if this was World of Warplanes then I can see going for the fellow flying being... but this is about the blue ocean. Thus, the Sharks!

Go go sharks! xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

i am an Eagle and will remain an Eagle. 

Your lead is impressive Sharks but Eagles will persevere to the top spot.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,240
[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,189 battles
16 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

But eagles? Yeah, they're cool animals too, but they aren't very adapt at open sea life. As someone already said, if this was World of Warplanes then I can see going for the fellow flying being... but this is about the blue ocean. Thus, the Sharks!

Well using your logic we should all be eagles since only one map in WoWS is the open sea. The rest is islands, no real open sea.

Personally I don't care who wins, just want to farm oil and coal from the crates. GO WHOMEVER!

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I went Eagles. It was basically a coin-flip honestly, but there are a couple of reasons that have become apparent over the course of the day:

I like rooting for the underdog.
Normally I prefer blue, but Eagle camo actually looks pretty cool on my IJN ships, especially Shiratsuyu.
I play carriers a lot. Fly my pretties!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,056
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

Eagles are getting crushed by sharks. No point in staying on the eagles

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,464
[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,648 battles
39 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Could this be the real reason why the sharks are winning, Team America hating?

Your enemies will always show you who they fear. 

It's really "brave" to hate on the big dog. Easier than fixing your own country right?

giphy.gif

I mean,  America needs a whole lot of fixing. But keep lapping up the blind patriotism koolaid.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My Grandson and Grandson it Law are Both US Marines I support The USA and Our Armed Forces

2 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

I mean,  America needs a whole lot of fixing. But keep lapping up the blind patriotism koolaid.

I am an American No Matter who is in Charge.

Making this Game political with comments like yours is WRONG on so many levels.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[HYDRA]
Members
53 posts
8,466 battles
46 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Could this be the real reason why the sharks are winning, Team America hating?

Your enemies will always show you who they fear. 

It's really "brave" to hate on the big dog. Easier than fixing your own country right?

giphy.gif

Did I say "hate" in my post?? It seems like you felt attacked big dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Making this Game political with comments like yours is WRONG on so many levels.

Honestly if the devs wanted to keep politics from seeping in there are much better ways than making one team's mascot a bald eagle and handing out camo with "Don't Tread on Me" emblazoned across the side. Lord I hate that phrase... .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,464
[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,648 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

My Grandson and Grandson it Law are Both US Marines I support The USA and Our Armed Forces

I am an American No Matter who is in Charge.

Making this Game political with comments like yours is WRONG on so many levels.

 

I note that you had no issue with the comment i was replying to, so your issue isn't making the game political, its people who disagree with you. If you're going to rant and rave about getting political, but only at one side, you're a hypocrite. I was replying to someone else, as was very evident by the fact that i quoted them.  You're the one escalating to a political cluster****, which is prohibited under forum rules. 

Also, I said absolutely nothing about loyalty, who is in charge,  or any of that.  I just pointed out that America is not perfect and that blind patriotism is dangerous. I believe in the ideal of America. I reject the idea that patriotism means never admitting shes got problems.

Also, learn to capitalize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,416 posts
3,337 battles
28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well using your logic we should all be eagles since only one map in WoWS is the open sea. The rest is islands, no real open sea.

Personally I don't care who wins, just want to farm oil and coal from the crates. GO WHOMEVER!

 

Actually... sharks have no problem living in much shallower water around islands. Well, it depends on what kind of shark, actually.

Plus, even on maps with lots of islands, there're more water than lands.

So... go go go sharks! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
6 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Honestly if the devs wanted to keep politics from seeping in there are much better ways than making one team's mascot a bald eagle and handing out camo with "Don't Tread on Me" emblazoned across the side. Lord I hate that phrase... .

soy boy detect radar go off !!!!

image.jpeg.2b2081f3b87e258cfb792e254e3b9ca9.jpeg

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
206 posts
2,641 battles

As I see it you can look at it 3  ways. 

 

1. Which animal you like better 

2. Which Animal "feels" like the better one" as this is a ship game well sharks kind of feel like the right choice

3. America vs sharks? Sounds like a Sharknado spinoff

 

What I'm saying is , is this something that should cause arguments? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
22 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

I note that you had no issue with the comment i was replying to, so your issue isn't making the game political, its people who disagree with you. If you're going to rant and rave about getting political, but only at one side, you're a hypocrite. I was replying to someone else, as was very evident by the fact that i quoted them.  You're the one escalating to a political cluster****, which is prohibited under forum rules. 

Also, I said absolutely nothing about loyalty, who is in charge,  or any of that.  I just pointed out that America is not perfect and that blind patriotism is dangerous. I believe in the ideal of America. I reject the idea that patriotism means never admitting shes got problems.

Also, learn to capitalize.

Your reference to Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple Who Followed "blindly" and Drank the "Kool Aid"and 909 people Died Is what offended me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,237 battles
1 hour ago, Blackgunner said:

1. The Bald Eagle is the symbol of America! 

Yeah that's what I also thought. That's why I picked Shark. But also because I'm not good enough with CV to fly with EA-gle

1 hour ago, Blackgunner said:

2. Sharks ate the crew of the Indianapolis, you monsters! 

They ate whatever comes before them

1 hour ago, Blackgunner said:

3. Air > Water 

Air is cancer lul

1 hour ago, Blackgunner said:

 

4. Cooler Camo 

Debatable but they are not ugly.

1 hour ago, Blackgunner said:

 

So join Eagles today!  (Or Tomorrow)

 

Makes Eagles Great Again!

 

Sorry I have honour and won't betray my Shark comrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[HSD]
Members
291 posts
9,563 battles

I chose Eagles because I asked my Budgie, "Which team?" and translating the chirping approximated closest to Eagles.

 

In hindsight the budgie was probably biased. :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[-BMV-]
Members
202 posts
13,550 battles

To hell with eagles, this is a sea based game. Besides, Sharks are way cooler than some random flying bird. Sharks has movies, toys and a whole week named after them plus the cammo is better looking.

 

Edited by Sidelock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles

I know it's wrong that I chose then lawyers over America...but personally I like that camo much better.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[2347]
Members
180 posts
5,022 battles

Nobody ever threatened to throw James Bond into a swimming pool full of eagles.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
Just now, _Starbuck said:

Nobody ever threatened to throw James Bond into a swimming pool full of eagles.

Yeah but by that logic nobody ever soared with the sharks, so we're kind of at an impasse.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×