You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

Sharks V Eagles Personal Combat Missions: Terribly assigned

13 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

So I'm in a Tier VI BB in a Tier VIII game, and oh, look it's a Personal Combat Missi-oh no:Smile_facepalm:  15 FREAKING MODULE INCAPACITATIONS IN ONE BATTLE IN A TIER VI BB WITH A LONG RELOAD? I rarely even ever fire more than 11 or 12(maybe 13) salvos in an average battle in a Tier VI BB!  TO COMPLETE THIS MISSION I'd have to get at least an average of 1.3(!) MODULE INCAPACITATIONS PER SALVO! NOT ONLY THAT, IT'S JUST NOT PRACTICAL BECAUSE IF YOU'VE EVER PLAYED BBs much, you'll know that EVEN AT TIER X, A BB IS LUCKY TO GET A THIRD OF THAT FIGURE. WORSE YET, IT REQUIRES 15 OF THE YELLOW RIBBON, NOT 15 MODULES DAMAGED/DESTROYED, SO AA GUNS AND SECONDARY GUNS DESTROYED BY YOU DON'T COUNT!

Seriously, WHO THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS A GOOD MISSION FOR ALL BBS? I BELIEVE THAT THE ONLY BB CAPABLE OF DOING THIS AS EASILY AS A CRUISER WOULD BE CONQUEROR, BUT OTHER THAN THAT, NO BB IS GOING TO GET THAT WITHOUT SPECIFICALLY PLAYING TO DO SO, AND GIMPING THEIR EFFECTIVENESS IN BATTLE AS A RESULT!

rant over/

Anyone else find this just a teensy bit ridiculous?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

Shoot HE at BBs.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Shoot HE at BBs.

"ahem"

(other than Conqueror, because she's designed to fire HE, and has practically OP HE with NO weaknesses)) NO BB IS GOING TO GET THAT WITHOUT SPECIFICALLY PLAYING TO DO SO, AND GIMPING THEIR EFFECTIVENESS IN BATTLE AS A RESULT!

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
26 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

So I'm in a Tier VI BB in a Tier VIII game, and oh, look it's a Personal Combat Missi-oh no:Smile_facepalm:  15 FREAKING MODULE INCAPACITATIONS IN ONE BATTLE IN A TIER VI BB WITH A LONG RELOAD? I rarely even ever fire more than 11 or 12(maybe 13) salvos in an average battle in a Tier VI BB!  TO COMPLETE THIS MISSION I'd have to get at least an average of 1.3(!) MODULE INCAPACITATIONS PER SALVO! NOT ONLY THAT, IT'S JUST NOT PRACTICAL BECAUSE IF YOU'VE EVER PLAYED BBs much, you'll know that EVEN AT TIER X, A BB IS LUCKY TO GET A THIRD OF THAT FIGURE. WORSE YET, IT REQUIRES 15 OF THE YELLOW RIBBON, NOT 15 MODULES DAMAGED/DESTROYED, SO AA GUNS AND SECONDARY GUNS DESTROYED BY YOU DON'T COUNT!

Seriously, WHO THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS A GOOD MISSION FOR ALL BBS? I BELIEVE THAT THE ONLY BB CAPABLE OF DOING THIS AS EASILY AS A CRUISER WOULD BE CONQUEROR, BUT OTHER THAN THAT, NO BB IS GOING TO GET THAT WITHOUT SPECIFICALLY PLAYING TO DO SO, AND GIMPING THEIR EFFECTIVENESS IN BATTLE AS A RESULT!

rant over/

Anyone else find this just a teensy bit ridiculous?

Secondary and aa mounts count too I believe. 

Not the same but I had spot 4 ships in my Tier 5 DD... In an epicenter battle with a cv... No chance. 

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
5 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

"ahem"

(other than Conqueror, because she's designed to fire HE, and has practically OP HE with NO weaknesses)) NO BB IS GOING TO GET THAT WITHOUT SPECIFICALLY PLAYING TO DO SO, AND GIMPING THEIR EFFECTIVENESS IN BATTLE AS A RESULT!

They said they made the missions for each ship type, I haven't even seen a mission yet.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
4 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

Secondary and aa mounts count too I believe. 

Not the same but I had spot 4 ships in my Tier 5 DD... In an epicenter battle with a cv... No chance. 

Heck no, they don't. It registered after the battle only the number of yellow "Module Incapacitated" ribbons I got.(2) Fail.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
2 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Heck no, they don't. It registered after the battle only the number of yellow "Module Incapacitated" ribbons I got.(2) Fail.

Well that blows your right you'd have to be one of the great players to get that acheivement. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

If this wasn't clear to anyone, let this be known: there are HUGE amounts of bugs, glitches, and unreasonably difficult missions within the Personal Combat Mission system for Go Navy!. Don't bother trying to complete these until most of the problems are sorted out, otherwise it'll lead to a lot of hair-pulling-out.

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,603 battles

I just had the CV one of Spot 12 torpedoes I spotted nine and there would be no more since I had already shot down all of the enemy Torp Bombers and I wasn't about to go near a torp equipped enemy ship when I could sink a naked CV instead. I came close on the destroy 15 module thing to but didn't realize till to late that that mission was up. Oh well none of it is worth a rant!

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
359 posts
6,775 battles

I was in a Mogami, running the 155mm's and ended up with a mission to citadel enemy ships 3 times.

Ok... not a easy mission but possible. However this stupid mission had to show up at the same time that the stupid MM stuck me in a tier 9 match with 5 DD's and 4 or 5 BB's. XD yeah... dammit.

The only target I had on the enemy team that I could have hoped to have citadel'd would've been their Worchester.

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,264 battles

Sound like much fun. Glad I’m on vacation and missing out!

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
21 hours ago, Levits said:

I was in a Mogami, running the 155mm's and ended up with a mission to citadel enemy ships 3 times.

Ok... not a easy mission but possible. However this stupid mission had to show up at the same time that the stupid MM stuck me in a tier 9 match with 5 DD's and 4 or 5 BB's. XD yeah... dammit.

The only target I had on the enemy team that I could have hoped to have citadel'd would've been their Worchester.

Yup, I got that too in a Molotov in a Tier VIII battle where all I ever had the chance to shoot at were two DDs and a BB. Fail.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
359 posts
6,775 battles
2 hours ago, legoboy0401 said:

Yup, I got that too in a Molotov in a Tier VIII battle where all I ever had the chance to shoot at were two DDs and a BB. Fail.

lol yeah. Had another one that I wanted to comment on yesterday.

Was in a Edinburg and I had to take out 10 ship modules... Because that AP is just the best at taking out modules. I think I managed maybe 2 AA turrets and I kicked [edited]in that game. Came in 1st, but by god got nowhere near those 10 modules I needed.

Now, Give me that same exact mission in my Mogami and that would have been a cakewalk.