Jump to content
Drunkenuff

BB's are broken...hear me out first

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[DRU]
Members
2 posts
736 battles

First of all lets get this out of the way...I have played Warships for little over two weeks in this is my opinion which has been discussed and debated over with my streams on twitch.

Battleships have no distinct advantage in Warships. Destroyers have torpedoes which has no counter (yes there is Hydro..but even then u only use that so many times yet torpedoes are unlimited). Cruisers has much faster shooting and some have torpedoes as well. What do Battleships have? thicker armour..oh please....the armour isnt that much.....better ammo? sure if you hit....try hitting a destroyer or a cruiser from distance where a battleship belongs (like a needle in a haystack at times). Hydro? sure it helps and is effective but very limited due to limited uses. Planes? are they better than a Carriers planes...lol no.......so again what distinctive advantage does a battleship have? ok they can take more torpedoes hits...(swirls fingers at that). yes some have torps as well but you really want to compare that to a destroyers.

How to fix this: Give them way more increased armour like they have in the real world....battleships rarely sunk compared to other ships..... or unlimited hydro (now I know the destroyer peeps would freak out on this), a torpedo counter such as a mine placed in the water to attract torpedoes away or or maybe more health (shrug)

Battleships are supposed to be the tanks of the water and support other ships to attack or defend....but it just seems the Battleship is just lacking a certain something.....especially when playing with Carriers who target you with salvo after salvo of torpedoes. This isnt sour grapes....I enjoy playing Battleships..I have played DD's, CV's and Cruisers but I enjoy playing the tank role more hence why I mainly use BB's.

 

I am sure there will be cute replies on this one....but if u have some good candid reply I will listen.

 

 

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
470 posts
12,454 battles

525 battles in two weeks?

That's over 37 battles a day. How do you not burn out?

There is so much wrong here I don't know where to begin.

Play a little more and you will see that BBs are the queen of the sea here.

Edited by Prothall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,210
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,624 posts
9,027 battles

Let's see, high alpha damage - can vaporize all but other BB's in a single salvo, high survivability. I would call those distinct advantages.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,857
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,670 posts
3,924 battles

I get the feeling you sail broadside a lot/have predictable movement and can't hit at max range due to a number of factors(namely which type of ship to shoot at for starters at that distance).

I would suggest learning to aim in a BB at distance against the bots in co-op before you go into a random again. While you're there try the difference between firing a salvo vs ripple fire, especially against a target that's turning. And then after that try holding your fire until a ship finishes its turn. There's lots of ways that I bet you could improve on since your main complaint seems to revolve around a BB's biggest strength which is range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
774
[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,694 battles

Not quite. Once you reach T6 and T7, BBs become much more competitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts

wargaming has implemented many change in the game because BB were too popular

it was quite common to see 6 BB on each team when i started playing again a few months ago

now the MM is much better some DD some CA and some BB 

all thats missing now are the CV

rumour has it wargaming are working on CV now so soon the game should be good

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[STURM]
Members
301 posts
2,899 battles

 

37 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Not quite. Once you reach T6 and T7, BBs become much more competitive. 

His average tier over the last 7 days and 140 battles is 8.2. He even has 4 battles in a G.K.

OP, don't take this the wrong way, but I suspect you would be having the same complaints about any of the other classes if you played them almost exclusively like you do BBs. Especially since you rocketed up past the tiers where you learn the skills you need to survive in the tiers you are playing at.

I have two pieces of advice for you to increase your skill at and enjoyment of the game.

First, drop down to the lower tiers for a time. I recommend tier 4 for getting your sea legs under you. The ships are generally less lethal, so mistakes are not punished quite as hard.

Second, get some more diversity in the class of ship you play. I wouldn't recommend carriers until after the rework, but you really need to play more destroyers and cruisers. That way, you can see what tactics the BBs use to counter you, and apply them yourself.

In addition, I suggest taking a look at the wiki and watching some CCs on YouTube. iChase is a good one for beginners.

Edited by Baskerville77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,793
[SALVO]
Members
17,056 posts
17,716 battles
1 hour ago, Drunkenuff said:

First of all lets get this out of the way...I have played Warships for little over two weeks in this is my opinion which has been discussed and debated over with my streams on twitch.

Battleships have no distinct advantage in Warships. Destroyers have torpedoes which has no counter (yes there is Hydro..but even then u only use that so many times yet torpedoes are unlimited). Cruisers has much faster shooting and some have torpedoes as well. What do Battleships have? thicker armour..oh please....the armour isnt that much.....better ammo? sure if you hit....try hitting a destroyer or a cruiser from distance where a battleship belongs (like a needle in a haystack at times). Hydro? sure it helps and is effective but very limited due to limited uses. Planes? are they better than a Carriers planes...lol no.......so again what distinctive advantage does a battleship have? ok they can take more torpedoes hits...(swirls fingers at that). yes some have torps as well but you really want to compare that to a destroyers.

How to fix this: Give them way more increased armour like they have in the real world....battleships rarely sunk compared to other ships..... or unlimited hydro (now I know the destroyer peeps would freak out on this), a torpedo counter such as a mine placed in the water to attract torpedoes away or or maybe more health (shrug)

Battleships are supposed to be the tanks of the water and support other ships to attack or defend....but it just seems the Battleship is just lacking a certain something.....especially when playing with Carriers who target you with salvo after salvo of torpedoes. This isnt sour grapes....I enjoy playing Battleships..I have played DD's, CV's and Cruisers but I enjoy playing the tank role more hence why I mainly use BB's.

 

I am sure there will be cute replies on this one....but if u have some good candid reply I will listen.

 

 

Seriously, dude, you need to get a few THOUSAND battles under your belt before you can give a truly well informed opinion on this.  Right now, you're most likely only seeing lower tier ships, where the BBs are slow and their guns are fairly inaccurate.  Get up to the higher tiers and you start running into some BBs that seem like they can nail a flea's behind from 15 km.

What you're describing doesn't need fixing.  There are other things that arguably might, but not these items.  

What do BBs have going for them?  When their guns start getting decently accurate or RNG blesses you on a volley, a BB can dev strike a fully healthy cruiser in a single volley.  That's what they have going for them.  Very powerful, hard hitting main guns.  Note though that this is hardly a guarantee.  The other guy should be trying to avoid getting nailed by the BB.  And at higher tiers, even though BB gun accuracy has increased, so to has most cruiser player's ability and experience to avoid making critical errors that exposes their ships' broadsides to enemy BBs.  Even so, occasionally, a BB player will catch a cruiser player by surprise and land a devastating volley on that cruiser, sometimes deleting him and sometimes leaving him a shattered wreck that's waiting to be finished off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
356
[KRAK]
Members
1,255 posts
13,661 battles
10 hours ago, Drunkenuff said:

First of all lets get this out of the way...I have played Warships for little over two weeks in this is my opinion which has been discussed and debated over with my streams on twitch.

Battleships have no distinct advantage in Warships. Destroyers have torpedoes which has no counter (yes there is Hydro..but even then u only use that so many times yet torpedoes are unlimited). Cruisers has much faster shooting and some have torpedoes as well. What do Battleships have? thicker armour..oh please....the armour isnt that much.....better ammo? sure if you hit....try hitting a destroyer or a cruiser from distance where a battleship belongs (like a needle in a haystack at times). Hydro? sure it helps and is effective but very limited due to limited uses. Planes? are they better than a Carriers planes...lol no.......so again what distinctive advantage does a battleship have? ok they can take more torpedoes hits...(swirls fingers at that). yes some have torps as well but you really want to compare that to a destroyers.

How to fix this: Give them way more increased armour like they have in the real world....battleships rarely sunk compared to other ships..... or unlimited hydro (now I know the destroyer peeps would freak out on this), a torpedo counter such as a mine placed in the water to attract torpedoes away or or maybe more health (shrug)

Battleships are supposed to be the tanks of the water and support other ships to attack or defend....but it just seems the Battleship is just lacking a certain something.....especially when playing with Carriers who target you with salvo after salvo of torpedoes. This isnt sour grapes....I enjoy playing Battleships..I have played DD's, CV's and Cruisers but I enjoy playing the tank role more hence why I mainly use BB's.

 

I am sure there will be cute replies on this one....but if u have some good candid reply I will listen.

 

 

Not one iota of truth to what you say. BBs delete anything but other BBs in a single salvo, have the highest health pools, best armor and the most unrealistic gun accuracy in game.

They are hitting DDs from 15k plus with pinpoint accuracy. It takes anywhere from 4 or 5 torpedoes (IJN and PA) to 6 to 8 torpedoes (every other DD line) to sink them and that's is if you can even hit them since they have the agility of ballerinas. CV torps take even more.

 

Amazing that you came to this deduction in only two weeks of playing.  Just because you do not know what you are doing in a BB does not make them underpowered. you need to develop your skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[TARFU]
Members
906 posts
5,925 battles
15 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Not one iota of truth to what you say. BBs delete anything but other BBs in a single salvo, have the highest health pools, best armor and the most unrealistic gun accuracy in game.

They are hitting DDs from 15k plus with pinpoint accuracy. It takes anywhere from 4 or 5 torpedoes (IJN and PA) to 6 to 8 torpedoes (every other DD line) to sink them and that's is if you can even hit them since they have the agility of ballerinas. CV torps take even more.

 

Amazing that you came to this deduction in only two weeks of playing.  Just because you do not know what you are doing in a BB does not make them underpowered. you need to develop your skills.

 

Pinpoint accuracy? It's the lengthwise full pens that delete DD's, and you don't need pinpoint accuracy to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
356
[KRAK]
Members
1,255 posts
13,661 battles
4 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

 

Pinpoint accuracy? It's the lengthwise full pens that delete DD's, and you don't need pinpoint accuracy to do that.

A BB should rarely if ever hit a DD at that range so yea it is pinpoint accuracy since I see it all day long and no it does not have to be a broadside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
602
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,608 battles

@Drunkenuff 525 battles 2 post in two weeks and wanting BBs buffed with more armor. Gentlemen and Ladies Fair I submit we need bow to Our Fellow Captains exhibition of incomparable wisdom in all things concerning WoWs! ___________ NOT! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,796
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Let's see, high alpha damage - can vaporize all but other BB's in a single salvo, high survivability. I would call those distinct advantages.

Don't forget:

High TDS, ability to withstand more torpedoes that would catastrophically destroy Cruisers and Destroyers with far fewer hits.  With a little bit of chip damage, a DD takes 1 torpedo, it's dead.

Repair Party at every BB Tier.  Most Cruisers have no Repair Party access, Destroyers are even rarer with this consumable.

Hell, some BBs got exceptionally high AA capability.

A good number of BBs have amazing Secondaries for free damage without even trying anything.  You don't even need to aim / target lock the Secondaries target!  And you get free damage!

 

Battleships are the easiest, most stress-free gaming in WoWS.  Crusiers are constantly worried about getting 1-shotted.  DDs got to worry about finding and dealing with other DDs, Radar, CVs specifically looking for them, etc.  Battleships don't need any help.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
11 hours ago, Drunkenuff said:

First of all lets get this out of the way...I have played Warships for little over two weeks in this is my opinion which has been discussed and debated over with my streams on twitch.

Battleships have no distinct advantage in Warships. Destroyers have torpedoes which has no counter (yes there is Hydro..but even then u only use that so many times yet torpedoes are unlimited). Cruisers has much faster shooting and some have torpedoes as well. What do Battleships have? thicker armour..oh please....the armour isnt that much.....better ammo? sure if you hit....try hitting a destroyer or a cruiser from distance where a battleship belongs (like a needle in a haystack at times). Hydro? sure it helps and is effective but very limited due to limited uses. Planes? are they better than a Carriers planes...lol no.......so again what distinctive advantage does a battleship have? ok they can take more torpedoes hits...(swirls fingers at that). yes some have torps as well but you really want to compare that to a destroyers.

How to fix this: Give them way more increased armour like they have in the real world....battleships rarely sunk compared to other ships..... or unlimited hydro (now I know the destroyer peeps would freak out on this), a torpedo counter such as a mine placed in the water to attract torpedoes away or or maybe more health (shrug)

Battleships are supposed to be the tanks of the water and support other ships to attack or defend....but it just seems the Battleship is just lacking a certain something.....especially when playing with Carriers who target you with salvo after salvo of torpedoes. This isnt sour grapes....I enjoy playing Battleships..I have played DD's, CV's and Cruisers but I enjoy playing the tank role more hence why I mainly use BB's.

 

I am sure there will be cute replies on this one....but if u have some good candid reply I will listen.

 

 

Welcome to Wows ... your going to look back on this newbie question  and think .. boy was that dumb a one to ask .. we all got em.. I know I do

at first glance this game appears much simpler than it is, don’t be fooled there are many ways to play and each chip can be radically different, it’s about fun and learning the game and the many play options the ship gives

it’s just a game !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,210
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,624 posts
9,027 battles
2 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Welcome to Wows ... your going to look back on this newbie question  and think .. boy was that dumb a one to ask .. we all got em.. I know I do

at first glance this game appears much simpler than it is, don’t be fooled there are many ways to play and each chip can be radically different, it’s about fun and learning the game and the many play options the ship gives

it’s just a game !

WoWS is very easy to pick up but is much harder to master than it would appear at first glance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,412
[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

Battleships are power projectors. They deny areas by zoning out ship orientations and locations, not necessarily sponging damage.

 

For example, this Minotaur.

 

Battleships, like all ships, succumb to focused fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×