Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_TheEntireUniverse_

Why would I pass up a container for loyalty points?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

782
[NG-NL]
Members
5,021 posts
8,259 battles

I believe the loyalty points increase the rewards if your team wins today, but this is only day 1 of the Go Navy event. Wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,505
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,491 posts
3,435 battles

Because if you play it straight, you get more points and resulting tokens overall than constantly switching sides, or so the math says.

But that's assuming one is actually wanting at least 1 of the new Permacamo rather than just swapping sides for the convenience of farming containers for Coal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,551
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

Because if you play it straight, you get more points and resulting tokens overall than constantly switching sides, or so the math says.

But that's assuming one is actually wanting at least 1 of the new Permacamo rather than just swapping sides for the convenience of farming containers for Coal.

So if I’m not interested in perma camo, I’m better off switching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,012
[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,369 battles

the containers give you basic crap.. just like your 3 containers perday,  you aren't missing anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Better to be loyal to one side or the other, rather than chasing wins. It speaks better of one's character.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,505
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,491 posts
3,435 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

So if I’m not interested in perma camo, I’m better off switching?

I guess? You can only swap sides once per day, and the amount of tokens you get is dependent on your loyalty level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Staying loyal contributes towards earning tokens (and is the only way I can see in-game to get them) and since tokens are how you buy the cool swag in the arsenal... It's basically a question of whether you want to stay loyal for long term gain or switch sides for short term gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
7 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Staying loyal contributes towards earning tokens (and is the only way I can see in-game to get them) and since tokens are how you buy the cool swag in the arsenal... It's basically a question of whether you want to stay loyal for long term gain or switch sides for short term gain.

Me personally? I'm staying Sharks for the WIN! I was on Team Fire in Clash Of The Elements, and I want to be on Team blue this time, which in this case happens to be Sharks.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[BUOY]
Members
189 posts
7,871 battles
4 hours ago, _TheEntireUniverse_ said:

Am I missing something? I don’t understand this event...

The event runs probably 26 days, if you play and swap each day you get 26 crates guaranteed, but you only get 39 loyalty and thus only 50 tokens. If you remain loyal enough to your original team and then swap to get the 50 point reward you end up with 290 tokens, which translates into a whopping net +22 crates if you spend them all on crates, but a net -3 crates if you spend it on a perma. So if you're planning on running the entire event it's a huge gain or just a small loss in crates as vs switching every day. OTOH if you're not willing or able to do most of the event, the extra crate from swapping will be more advantageous position to take.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,266
[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles
1 hour ago, lloyd1701 said:

The event runs probably 26 days, if you play and swap each day you get 26 crates guaranteed, but you only get 39 loyalty and thus only 50 tokens. If you remain loyal enough to your original team and then swap to get the 50 point reward you end up with 290 tokens, which translates into a whopping net +22 crates if you spend them all on crates, but a net -3 crates if you spend it on a perma. So if you're planning on running the entire event it's a huge gain or just a small loss in crates as vs switching every day. OTOH if you're not willing or able to do most of the event, the extra crate from swapping will be more advantageous position to take.

Nice, thanks Lloyd. I don't care about the permanent camos  nor the other things in the shop. I only want oil and coal so that should help me maximize farming those resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,758 posts
4,574 battles

Has to be like x5 or x10 boxes to even have consideration over loyalty...the boxes' content simply are not worth it individually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,432 battles

if you stay loyal to 1 team for the rest of the event and get 75 loyalty points you can get total of 185+  shark/eagle tokens depending on what team you are in

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

 

Check the bottom of the page and you'll understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[WOLF2]
Members
157 posts
4,753 battles

i just want the 10 token flags that are utterly useless but I want them anyway lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×