You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Is it just me or are the games just being thrown away?

100 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I'm not sure if it's just me but lately it just seems as if the games are just literally thrown away.  I mean I haven't been playing that great lately either but I still try.  Just another lost match in the end.  Seems like players are just throwing away the game to the other team.  It's aggravating, and it sure doesn't help with working to improve win rates either.  Like I asked is it just me?  Or is anybody else having this same issue? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles

I have game today where CV player try to use excuse because one of him group of fighter get strafe kill, soooo was him reason to just sail up middle and suicide....

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, LadyAnesjka said:

I have game today where CV player try to use excuse because one of him group of fighter get strafe kill, soooo was him reason to just sail up middle and suicide....

On Two Brothers?

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

Same here tonight anyway. I just watched a Colorado shooting HE at a broad side Dallas less than 10km away until he got burnt to the waterline.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,012 posts
8,229 battles

What you see is simply potatoes--posh word for bad players that always play badly. Lookup their stats, often they have hundreds or thousands of battles, but generally low average damage, low survival, low everything that matters.

• Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,194 battles

Most of my games are digital, so I haven't thrown one away for quite a few years.

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 6

[CK5]
Members
802 posts
6,530 battles

You are just seeing the ever growing separation in skills between some very good players that keep getting better and a larger group that isn't very good and doesn't improve.  The average player can only hope to get more of the former on his team.     

Edited by PrairiePlayer

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,114 posts
6,754 battles
12 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I'm not sure if it's just me but lately it just seems as if the games are just literally thrown away.  I mean I haven't been playing that great lately either but I still try.  Just another lost match in the end.  Seems like players are just throwing away the game to the other team.  It's aggravating, and it sure doesn't help with working to improve win rates either.  Like I asked is it just me?  Or is anybody else having this same issue? 

It's summer, school is out and online games are full of ADHD twelve year olds. 

Back in the days when I did PvP my WR would always drop a few percentage points in the summer due to yoloing teenage tomatoes.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Most of my games are digital, so I haven't thrown one away for quite a few years.

:Smile_hiding:

The days were we actually had to go and buy a CD or a  Floppy Disc to play a game.  HAHA

1 minute ago, Gen_Saris said:

It's summer, school is out and online games are full of ADHD twelve year olds. 

Back in the days when I did PvP my WR would always drop a few percentage points in the summer due to yoloing teenage tomatoes.

Unfortunately

3 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

You are just seeing the ever growing separation in skills between some very good players that keep getting better and a larger group that isn't very good and doesn't improve.  The average player can only hope to get more of the former on his team.     

I aint the greatest player out there no way.  I'm trying to get to at least 50 percent.  I'm stuck in a rut at 47 percent but this is just getting to be ridiculous lol.  It aint helpin much.  I am though seeing the difference. 

[O_O]
Members
732 posts
6,208 battles

i don't know about throwing a game...but been playing in matches with players making some dumb [edited] choices. 

i dont know if its intentional or they just don't know what they are doing or "supposed" to do.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,114 posts
6,754 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

I aint player out there no way.  I'm trying to get to at least 50 percent.  I'm stuck in a rut at 47 percent but this is just getting to be ridiculous lol.  It aint helpin much.  I am though seeing the difference. 

Consider running in a division with similarly skilled players, also consider using premium consumables (if you don't already) and only playing the best/OP ships. A lot of these guys who stat pad, that's how they do it.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Well I'm not one for divisioning.  I'm more of a solo person.  In this game anyway.  I think I'm just more frustrated with the lost match after lost match.  Well at least next week I'll be able to play with fire and hot metal to take a break.  But this is just getting to be a bit ridiculous.  Is summer vacation over yet?

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
11 minutes ago, Reymu said:

What you see is simply potatoes--posh word for bad players that always play badly. Lookup their stats, often they have hundreds or thousands of battles, but generally low average damage, low survival, low everything that matters.

I've got a low survival rate right now, trying to work on it.  But I still try to average out as a 50 percent daily player but some days is just BLAH.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,114 posts
6,754 battles

You're going to have to be VERY good to solopub and have an over 50% WR.

Remember, 48% is actually average... because draws to exist. So at 47% you aren't that far off.

I did a lot of solopubbing over in WoT and got to 52% average before finally throwing in the towel on WG's particular flavor of PvP.

Edited by Gen_Saris

[ICBM]
Members
334 posts
5,065 battles

OP must be getting stuck on my team. I'm in a two day rut. Just cant seem to pull my shtuff together.

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
11 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I totally agree. As time goes on and the game gets some age on it this happens.  I saw this in tanks. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, mrieder79 said:

OP must be getting stuck on my team. I'm in a two day rut. Just cant seem to pull my shtuff together.

Haven't come across you in game.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

I totally agree. As time goes on and the game gets some age on it this happens.  I saw this in tanks. 

Tried out tanks for about 200 battles and said NOPE

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
732 posts
6,208 battles

lol...WoWs....just don't like me...i guess...i get put on teams that ...i guess do not have wot it takes to win....regardless of my overall performance.  :( sighs....

and to talk about my own survivablility....i play Atlanta most of the time....avg life span per game 8 min...lol  

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
23 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

On Two Brothers?

ne...was..uhh one with island all on one side and 3 island on other... let me see if can find picture...."

Neighbors.png

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, LadyAnesjka said:

ne...was..uhh one with island all on one side and 3 island on other... let me see if can find picture...."

Neighbors.png

Oh Neighbors, even still that was a dumb move.

[O_O]
Members
732 posts
6,208 battles

a CV commander driving the boat up the middle of the map?!? 

whats their name...so i can avoid that guy.... *facepalm* 

• Funny 1

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
9 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Tried out tanks for about 200 battles and said NOPE

The unicorn platoons that "mysteriously" get on the same team (sometimes 3 platoons) can make that game extremely frustrating to play if you are a solo player. Stomps.But it's allowed and it's more prevalent now in ships. Just have to deal with it. Random, at times, is simply not random at all. It's just how it is. I have all the respect in the world for a solo player that can pull a high win rate in these WG random matches. I sure can't.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Certain games lol I use to be good enough to be on competitive clan type. My old game, I use to be the guy that would run around knifing all the snipers in the back but saying look behind you before it would happen.  The less you play you loose your skills for gaming I'm finding.  Now as I get older it seems like my interest in gaming just slowly drops lol.  Its just a gap filler.  I mean its still enjoyable but I'm starting to find outside hobbies more enjoyable than staring at pixels lol.

[O_O]
Members
732 posts
6,208 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

The unicorn platoons that "mysteriously" get on the same team (sometimes 3 platoons) can make that game extremely frustrating to play if you are a solo player. Stomps.But it's allowed and it's more prevalent now in ships. Just have to deal with it. Random, at times, is simply not random at all. It's just how it is. I have all the respect in the world for a solo player that can pull a high win rate in these WG random matches. I sure can't.

ship ....pick the right ship....hide then strike(who gives a crapwot other say about that play style...its your boat) lol