Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Knickersnatcher

Damage in Co-Op Battles

14 comments in this topic

[MISER]
Members
1 post
4,506 battles

Hello All,

Ever since this recent patch of 0.7.7 I have noticed while playing cruisers that damage taken is considerable worse. With out fail over 50% of my hit points are taken by a single round from another ship, like I am in paper armor. Has anyone else noticed this?

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,807 battles

Bots are improved with every patch... they aim perfectly, get better sigma than players and prioritize squishy targets. Fighting them is certainly not easy.

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
1 hour ago, Gen_Saris said:

Bots are improved with every patch... they aim perfectly, get better sigma than players and prioritize squishy targets. Fighting them is certainly not easy.

Bot DDs are maneuvering now. Ships are doing things they did not use to do like changing speeds a lot and even backing up to get behind cover. Fine with me.  I want co-op to be tougher. 1 issue I have is they can fire over islands that no real ship can.  And HIT you. But it's still usually an easy win if you have players who are not fraidy cats and RUN.....from bots!  Unreal.

• Boring 1

Members
3,797 posts
14,098 battles

It appears to me that the bot DDs never miss. No mater if you're at their max range and are WSAD hacking like crazy, their shots always hit.

[WOLF5]
Members
277 posts
5,232 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

It appears to me that the bot DDs never miss. No mater if you're at their max range and are WSAD hacking like crazy, their shots always hit.

You need to time your dodge, WASD hack doesn't work well with bots because they can read your moves instantly with zero lag time.  The only time they can't control things, is when they've fired and shells are in the air.  What I do, is watch for them to fire, slam into reverse and dodge left or right.  You'll be able to dodge most shots that way, assuming you're not too close.

This does assume that you are far enough though, if you're are very close to a bot ship with fast firing guns, then it'll be a race and see who can pound each other into oblivion first and bots are monstrous dpm machines.  Sometimes it is better to just ram if they're very close to you.

Edited by bigbearbeear

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles

I haven't really noticed any changes lately other than the friendly bots don't drop torps in your broad side like they used to. lol and bots hitting you with shots from across the map says more about the player, then the bot shooting.

I know for sure many players get in binocular view and never leave it. it's a bad habit that more often than not gets you killed.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,682 posts
3,824 battles

Well I've been noticing this a lot.....

Plmm0mE.jpg

like shoot something else geez

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,807 battles
8 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

like shoot something else geez

If you are the squishiest thing that is currently spotted, expect every bot in range to focus you. This is something players should learn.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles

The most frustrating thing is that late at night you end up with a team that is mostly bots who are obviously in cahoots with the enemy bots.  I'd suggest they're handicapable but that's giving them too much credit.

Members
1,815 posts
808 battles
7 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

If you are the squishiest thing that is currently spotted, expect every bot in range to focus you. This is something players should learn.

This.  I was in the Chester and the only thing left on the reds was a BB (Nassau).  Mostly full health.

A green player in a Mikasa is crawling forward towards the Nassau, and I'm like NOT ALONE :Smile_izmena:.  And turned to provide support.

And learned a valuable lesson.  You can be a meatshield anywhere inside the enemy's gun range.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
8 hours ago, bigbearbeear said:

You need to time your dodge, WASD hack doesn't work well with bots because they can read your moves instantly with zero lag time. 

Not only that; I've got the impression sometimes that it's not only your torpedoes they can sense immediately on launch. Long-range gunnery also seems to be becoming a nightmare. OTOH it's all the sweeter when you drop a torpedo salvo the little buggers cannot possibly dodge and watch them explode.

XP granted in co-op needs a slight buff, I suspect. It's no longer just a shooting gallery.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,682 posts
3,824 battles
5 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

This was persisting even when the DD and the cruiser on our team was firing and well within spotting range, hell the DD was even within 2km of them without smoke and still the bots didn't switch targets.

Sometimes the notion that bots will shoot at the squishiest thing is not always apparent and just ignores them.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,008 battles

Yes the bots are getting better for sure, and pretty soon the Co-op guys will be referring to the Random mode as for "babies"  :cap_win:

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

Coop definitely need increase credit and xp if bots is programmed to be more skilled.

Sign in to follow this