Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

Voice Commands

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,154 battles

I'm sure that others have thought of this, but this game is just begging for Voice Commands. It would do several things; bring some immersion in the form of the Captain Experience(TM), make it easier for some of us who have fumble fingers.

Imagine being able to change speed, deploy consumables, all without ever moving a finger, and while engaging the enemy. Is it 'necessary' - obviously not, the game is doing just great without it. Using the key commands is just fine. Adding in the Voice Commands would just be a fun addition, with some actual usability improvements. 

Discuss.

Members
706 posts

there is voice attack which is permitted in some games, I use it in Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen, the best $8 I have ever spent, and you can rig it to reply to commands via windows text to speech.

the problem comes in I don't know how WG would treat it, as even though its just sending keyboard commands in response to a voice command trigger, BUT its a bit more capable than a simple macro program than you would get with a keyboard or mouse - so I wouldn't use it with WoWS until I have seen WG say yay or nay on if its ok.

Edited by b101uk
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,154 battles
1 minute ago, b101uk said:

there is voice attack which is permitted in some games, I use it in Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen, the best $8 I have ever spent, and you can rig it to reply to commands via windows text to speech.

the problem comes in I don't know how WG would treat it, as even though its just sending keyboard commands in response to a voice command trigger, BUT its a bit more capable than a simple macro program than you would get with a keyboard or mouse - so I wouldn't use it with WoWS until I have seen WG say yay or nay on if its ok.

Oh, didn't even know about something like that. I agree, it should be a built-in function or else fully supported option by WG. Too much headache otherwise. 

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

Someone used voice attack back in the day but I have no idea if it works currently.

Members
706 posts

it would be interesting to see what WG had to say about voice attack, and there is a free limited demo on the creators website, IF I recall its also on Steam, though not sure about if the demo is on steam.

if you or anyone want to look or test it in some OTHER game, you can get the demo from:

http://voiceattack.com/Default.aspx

steam link for completeness:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/583010/VoiceAttack/

Edited by b101uk

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

Back in my day it was Game Commander and I used it for racing online with Papyrus NASCAR Racing 2 and 3.  It worked ok but you could only save 3 recordings of the commands and there were times it would not detect things in stressful situations as your voice would change just enough.

It should not be a problem as it just issues keyboard commands for the game and it doe snot touch files in the game.. 

Edited by CylonRed

Sign in to follow this