You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Republique full secondary build?

16 comments in this topic

Members
233 posts
4,631 battles

If I decide to get the Republique is it a good ship to do a full secondary build with? I love using full secondary builds on my german  bb's and the Mass but I've heard that the Republique is more of a medium range sniper and not as good in close quarter situations. I would like to hear people's opinions on this. How well has as secondary build worked for you? How well does a survival build worked for people who have that. TIA

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,589 battles

My "secondary" builds consist of simply maxing out the range. This is for sure a worthwhile thing on the Republique.

Given what else you can get with 4 captian points, manual secondaries simply isn't worth it IMHO.

As a DD player, I like captians who have manual secondaries because it let's me sail up to them and toss the torpedoes onto their deck while they brawl with my teammate on the other side of their ship.

Just because the shells arn't hitting me doesn't mean that i, as a DD, am gonna want to hang around an enemy BB without manual secondaries.

Edited by HazardDrake
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

I don't have it yet but I would say yes. Well yes unless you have bad battle awareness. Then I would steer clear of the manual secondary skill. It's really good intelligence when your secondaries open up automatically. They shoot in all directions at once and you can still semi focus a target. It also will deter more ships at once since you are only able to shoot at one ship at a time with manual. I have only the longest secondary BBs with manual. French is one of them.

[RUSHB]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
36 posts
4,237 battles

I don't find it that great personally. Kinda went a bit hybrid.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,459 posts
11,777 battles

The only thing I didn't get was manual secondaries. 

Her secondaries popping off automatically have saved me more than once from eating destroyer torps...

And boy do they love destroyers....

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The Republique from what I heard and have seen the Secondary Build is best.

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,770 battles

Take the AFT and be done with it, your main guns is what you use primarily to dealt damage, secondary is meant to fend off DD in close range.

• Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
395 posts
6,294 battles

I find situations where secondaries are a factor few and far between and they do very little damage in reality

[USFF]
Members
77 posts
4,981 battles

I go full secondary build on the Republique and I love every minute of it. My favorite T10 BB by far.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,069 posts
9,514 battles

I don't believe in the FULL secondary build. The main gun accuracy mod is more important. I just run AFT and BFT on my commander and the secondary range signal and it does just fine. 

• Cool 1

[DRG_N]
Members
424 posts
582 battles

I avoid manual secondaries as well. Instead I grab BFT and Adrenaline Rush and let volume of fire make up for lower accuracy.

Case in point, when I make it into brawling range with my Massachusetts or Alsace, I still get 300+ secondary hits, despite not having manual secondaries.  I do grab IFHE, though.

[-BMV-]
Members
205 posts
13,612 battles

Im going for Hybrid build. I've already maxed her secondaries, but i've found out that they died pretty quickly, so yeah they are not as sturdy as german secondaries. Its not uncomon for me to lose 6 or 8 of my secondaries to HE spam.  They fire pretty fast and even without Man Sec they are very accurate.

All in all, i dont find a full secondary build to be that useful with her. Alsace was IMHO better suited for full secondary build as they are way more difficult to destroy than République's secondaries. Good luck out there.

Edited by Sidelock

[WOLFB]
Members
1,732 posts
8,284 battles

Secondary yes but I won't invest everything into secondary.  Maybe grab BFT and AFT but I won't take Manual Secondary or IFHE. 

Republique is more a mid range fighter. You can brawl but you just have 8 guns. You can snipe with her accuracy but if you're only sniping with her, you're not exploiting her full potential and Yamato / Montana are better pick for that. Her armor makes her vulnerable to HE spam so I would take FP to reduce the amount of fire damage.

Think of it as an oversized cruiser with a lot of secondary and decent armor protection. You can rush some cruiser and delete them, against some BB you might want to take some distance and kite.