Sign in to follow this  
Vaffu

What is up with torpedo spreads on Gearings?

11 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,130 posts
13,551 battles

I have been noticing that on my Gearing when you fire a torp salvo many times one torp is ahead of the others as if it fired before the rest did and also the spacing is odd to say the least. On a Shima the 5 torps have a pretty even spacing yet on Gearing the 3 torps on the left side of spread are the ones with an even spacing then a very big gap then the other 2 have a somewhat normal spacing.

This is a bug or intentional? Does anyone know? Been wanting to ask this for a while but always slipped my mind.

[PNG]
Supertester, Supertester
5,663 posts
6,472 battles

Torpedoes have built in Dispersion. The arc accounts for the spread plus dispersion, but individual dispersion spread is only available on the single fire torpedoes.

Edited by Compassghost
  • Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,130 posts
13,551 battles
3 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Torpedoes have built in Dispersion. The arc accounts for the spread plus dispersion, but individual dispersion spread is only available on the single fire torpedoes.

It is consistent every spread, they never change on both the Shima and Gearing so if it is built in dispersion as you say why does it never vary? The shima never fire a single torp earlier than the other 4 yet the gearing almost always does.

Edited by Vaffu

[KRAK]
Members
1,130 posts
13,551 battles
Just now, Compassghost said:

RNG hates your Gearing? 

Every single spread does not indicate anything random at all.

[PNG]
Supertester, Supertester
5,663 posts
6,472 battles

The more torpedoes a spread has, the more noticeable the dispersion RNG is.

YcjkcQF.png

CSpH3hu.png

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles

If it happens the same way every single time you should learn how to adapt to it. 

Community Department
2,096 posts
520 battles
18 hours ago, Vaffu said:

It is consistent every spread, they never change on both the Shima and Gearing so if it is built in dispersion as you say why does it never vary? The shima never fire a single torp earlier than the other 4 yet the gearing almost always does.

May simply not pay attention but torps in salvo has a small dispersion. It's not a bug. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,130 posts
13,551 battles
On 27.07.2018 at 2:30 AM, Umikami said:

If it happens the same way every single time you should learn how to adapt to it. 

Not a question of adapting to it, was curious why it was so. I have been playing Gearing a long time so obviously I adapted to it but thanks for your useless reply.

On 27.07.2018 at 6:22 PM, turbo07 said:

May simply not pay attention but torps in salvo has a small dispersion. It's not a bug. 

Thank you.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
6 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Not a question of adapting to it, was curious why it was so. I have been playing Gearing a long time so obviously I adapted to it but thanks for your useless reply.

If you've adapted to it then this was kind of a wasted post to start with, or were you in it for the whine?

[KRAK]
Members
1,130 posts
13,551 battles
25 minutes ago, Umikami said:

If you've adapted to it then this was kind of a wasted post to start with, or were you in it for the whine?

Maybe if you had read my original post you would be able to answer that for yourself? By your statement you obviously did not.

Sign in to follow this