You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ObnoxiousPotato

Should WG consider...

82 comments in this topic

Members
156 posts
12,469 battles

Should WG consider the possibility that some of their customers feel, to various degrees, "cheated" when a ship is "nerfed" after they have purchased "premium camouflage" for the ship?

Should WG consider doing something like:

If a ship's capabilities are degraded in any manner and there are customers that have purchased (doubloons typically translate to "real money") items for those ships, WG should provide a means to compensate said customer if the customer requests such compensation.  e.g., in case of the ALSACE, if premium camo was purchased for the ALSACE, then WG could refund the cost of the camo to the account, and the camo would be removed from the account.

I think the above "suggestion" is fair.  What do you all think?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles

it's just 1 sigma loss and some seconds of more reload for a ship with already shotgun accuracy.

hardly a "nerf".

PKGjlCe.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,017 battles

I’m pretty sure the policy has been and always will be that tech tree ships are subject to any changes without notice or compensation. That’s is known when you buy perma camo for the ship. There is a big difference in buying perma camo for a ship vs buying an actual ship because of how it is. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,633 posts
13,609 battles

I think that's why they have that statement that you had to agree with that covers everything

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
3,824 battles

It should've been well known and understood that tech tree ships can be subjected to change for better or for worse.

Premium ships are usually or should be untouched other than minor improvements and this is known.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

it's just 1 sigma loss and some seconds of more reload for a ship with already shotgun accuracy.

hardly a "nerf".

PKGjlCe.jpg

Key word "Hardly"

Is your usage as in NO Nerf?

Or does it mean yes nerf?

or do you consider losing such slight differences as in dropping the change of a dollar not worth the effort to pick it up.

The item you purchased is now one dollar instead of 96 cents. 

Real money has value and is not to be wasted...it does add up over time.

Where do you draw the line?

The OP is 100% on mark with his Post.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Key word "Hardly"

or do you consider losing such slight differences as in dropping the change of a dollar not worth the effort to pick it up.

but the camo, what the OP bought. has not changed.

the ship itself, received a minor nerf anyway. 

do you expect WG to start shelling out refunds every time a ship is nerfed because someone bought a perma camo for it? 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Hanger_18 said:

but the camo, what the OP bought. has not changed.

the ship itself, received a minor nerf anyway. 

do you expect WG to start shelling out refunds every time a ship is nerfed because someone bought a perma camo for it? 

Yes I do

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles
4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Key word "Hardly"

hardly as in that if we go over the technical definition,then yes it's a nerf but it's such a small change that we can hardly notice. this is the same thing of prinz eugen 1sec reload nerf.the wortld suddenly came to an end that day and i joined the boat.

1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Yes I do

good luck with that.if they nerfed the perma camo,i would understand but it's still te same camo,the money value didn't change,alsace don't cost  money naturally,unless he used doubloons to get free exp and buy the ship,then he spent money on doubloons,not on the ship.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Bad 1

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

Perhaps they should adopt the same policy they used with Belfast. Use the nerfed ship or get your money back.

• Cool 2

Members
156 posts
12,469 battles
2 minutes ago, IgorSV94 said:

I think people are overreacting.

Perhaps.  I'm not the one who will be requesting a refund.  I'm just communicating to WG that some of their customers are a bit upset, and think something should be done.  i.e., trying to keep "a happy ship"...

I think people need to consider the the cost of something is relative.  For some, a few thousand doubloons is a lot, for others, not so much.

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Yes I do

so after you buy a camo, which has not changed. for a ship that you know can be changed at anytime without notice, and you expect compensation? you know what the conditions are, saying theyre unfair afterwards is pointless.

• Bad 1

Members
3,725 posts
14,997 battles

If they buff a ship should we be charged extra $$$ if we own a premium camo for it? Serious talk.

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles
5 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Perhaps.  I'm not the one who will be requesting a refund.  I'm just communicating to WG that some of their customers are a bit upset, and think something should be done.  i.e., trying to keep "a happy ship"...

I think people need to consider the the cost of something is relative.  For some, a few thousand doubloons is a lot, for others, not so much.

what customers?the money went to the perma camo,not the ship. the perma camo didn't get a nerf,a free ship got nerfed.they didn't change the value of the money spent on the perma camo,that's like asking for a refund after a company change the name of a brand of soda,it's still the same soda.

you guys can downvote all you want,it's a pretty childish way to show your opinion anyway instead of debating like grown up people.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
156 posts
12,469 battles
7 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

I'm only suggesting that WG refund (in account currency, or at least provide some type of compensation) if the customer requests the refund.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

so after you buy a camo, which has not changed. for a ship that you know can be changed at anytime without notice, and you expect compensation? you know what the conditions are, saying theyre unfair afterwards is pointless.

I get what your saying. But where would you Draw the Line? Your favorite ship you play it often. It clicks your buttons you buy the Perm Camo or the fancy Mods you spent Real Money. WG decides to give it a slight Nerf by definition. How many "Slight Nerfs" before you get it bunched? Everyone has a Trigger and at some point it gets pulled. {Some sooner than others}

Where the Line is drawn it has to start somewhere. It is all relative.

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

Problem is this policy would be SEVERELY abused by many, many, many people.  It is already covered that ships change without notice (but they usually giver notice unless it is a bug).  They won't be able to afford to 'keep the customer happy' as the customers would extent it to other things till they can't make any money.  How to define a nerf and do they offer a sliding value based on the 'nerf'?  Do you have to PAY extra when a ship gets a buff?  Why not - the ship would be 'more valuable'... 

It is a VERY messy slope that should not even be made.  Don't like the idea ships can change?  Stop playing or don't start.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles

I get what your saying. But where would you Draw the Line? Your favorite ship you play it often. It clicks your buttons you buy the Perm Camo or the fancy Mods you spent Real Money. WG decides to give it a slight Nerf by definition. How many "Slight Nerfs" before you get it bunched? Everyone has a Trigger and at some point it gets pulled. {Some sooner than others}

even if its a large nerf, if its a tech tree ship, you knew going it it could be changed at anytime.

i only payed for 1 permaflauge, the difference between that and the regular camos WG hand out like candy is the exp and credit gain. if you just wanted the ship to be competitive you can throw just about any camo on. or use flags in tandem

[SF-A]
Members
2,895 posts
5,707 battles

No. Tech tree ships are changed regularly, as is normal to keep things fair. Notice that nobody was refunded when the radar module was nerfed. These changes increase fairness, and do not warrant any 'compensation'.

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

Since if you sell a tech tree ship, the camo is not sell-able and it just stays in your inventory. I would say they do nothing.

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles

so WG should start to refund ships because some people get triggered when their products lose 1,5% of their performance?

like SERIOUSLY?look at what you just wrote and what happened to alsace.

this could be abused by a lot of people.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1