You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Viper101

And for my second tier ten...

And for my second tier ten...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I work towards?

• Zao
    • Shima
    • Yamato
    • Harugumo
    • Bacon!

13 comments in this topic

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,030 battles

Recently I unlocked the Gearing. I have only really had the time/guts to play three battles in it. It's a good ship, but I want to grind out the Torps and a 14 point commander (using the Monaghan).

This is solely based on your opinion as forum goers. I like to think I can do relatively well in almost every ship except carriers (which I have no interest in).

Spoiler

What would you go for next if in my position? Currently I want to do something Japanese, hence their representation in the poll.
I have the Nagato (stock), Myoko (Hull B only), and the Mutsuki (almost enough for the Fubuki I think).

So far I have been enjoying the Myoko. The fact that she has 21% fire chance is... trolly imo. I kind of like the playstyle of kiting (even while pushing), and the stealth is pretty good. Just a fun ship. Except for the turret traverse...
Haven't gotten the hang of the Nagato yet. It's been a while since I have played an IJN BB...
And the Mutsuki is... Well. Yeah.

So, what's your input? Sorry to kinda ramble on, but I figured some context would help out.

Edited by Viper101

Members
59 posts
894 battles

I voted for Yamato. But I'm just a casual player who's enjoying collecting ships :) And the Yamato would just be a cool one to have I think lol.
Could you start all of your choices, and just see which one you end up more towards? I don't have a Tier X yet myself, my mains are all Tier V still :(

Congrats on working towards your second Tier X!

Edited by Aephx
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[AK]
[AK]
Members
421 posts
22,396 battles

Why no harugumo? ;_;

I chose yammi out of the 3

Edited by Submarine_M1
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
597 posts
9,402 battles

If you are enjoying Myoko that much, you are going to LOVE Zao.  She hits pretty good with her HE and the fires, oh the fires...:Smile_izmena:

The problem with Shima is they've nerfed the ever-living hell out of her.  You can spot her torpedoes from space...  But if you want a true torpedo boat, she's the one.  Seeing as Gearing was you first T10, adapting to Shimakaze shouldn't be a problem for ya.

Yamato...  She was my first T10 and I don't regret that one bit.  She's not really suited to brawling, as up close there are more than a few things that can citadel her if they know where to shoot.  She is one of the most, if not THE most accurate BB and once you have her shell characteristics down, will wreck just about everything in a few salvos.  That feeling you get when you sink a full HP Conqueror or Montana with a single salvo...:cap_win:

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,030 battles
13 minutes ago, Submarine_M1 said:

Why no harugumo? ;_;

I chose yammi out of the 3

Added her in. I do have the Tier 6 on the gunboat line (can't recall it's name), Shiratsuyu??

• Cool 1

Members
524 posts
3,696 battles

It really depends what you plan on doing with your T10's.  The answer for randoms as opposed to competitive is very different.  The former would be the Yamato, the latter would be a resounding Zao.  Relative to the other two, the Shima seems to be just a fun torp boat to play.  And, with PA DD's roaming about, a new mod for the Gearing, and release of RN DD's on the horizon, grinding for the Shima may well turn out to be an utter waste.

Regardless, it's really about what you enjoy most.  There is no greater waste in this game than grinding up a T10 and not liking it.  Also, I'd divorce myself from any sort of nationalism.  It's irrelevant.  You want a ship that is strong now, and should be strong in the future.  I mean, who is the heck is Pan Asian?  I don't really care...but I do love what the YY brings to the table.   IMHO...having a strong ship far outweighs what flag it's flying.  

With all that being said and taking into account what you posted, I'd go Zao.  It seems to fit all of your criteria.

Members
1,567 posts
9,998 battles

Shima is a total waste. They nerfed IJN DDs to hell.  You will need to stay 12+ km away so not to be spotted by radar, stay behind islands just in case. If there are CVs in the battle you might as well go get yourself a coffee.

If I knew they were going to add more radar ships that can see through islands I wouldn't have wasted credits and free XP on Shima.  

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Zao is the most appealing of the choices IMO but I chose Yammy because the IJN BBs are a more fun overall line than the cruisers.

IJN BBs have not gotten power-crept much and have multiple keeper-quality ships(Kongo, Fuso, Amagi, etc) while I found the cruisers to be a meh bunch(Myoko solid/pre-nerf Mogami was a beast) up until the Zao.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles

Id say go for the Shima. Shes an absolutely fantastic ship but has a very high skill floor to make her consistently work. It also helps that people always tend to underestimate your gunpower. Its a oh so satisfying feeling when you gun down a Gearing or Zed who think its a good idea to trade shots with you

• Cool 1

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,030 battles
14 minutes ago, Aephx said:

wow, I got bad rep for my post saying congrats? :(

*Presses F to pay respects*

[AK]
[AK]
Members
421 posts
22,396 battles
On 7/26/2018 at 3:38 PM, Viper101 said:

Added her in. I do have the Tier 6 on the gunboat line (can't recall it's name), Shiratsuyu??

shiratsuyu is t7....i thought it was mutsuki, or minekaze? (i forgot which one)