You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog-ST Cross realm mm for CB

20 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,588 battles

ST. Cross Realm matchmaking for Clan Battles.

The work on an option that will allow you to play clan battles in the Prime time of any server continues. The officers of the clan will be able to choose one Prime time for CB, that is the most comfortable for its Clan members. The choice of Prime time will be available every day during the clan battles season.

This week we are ready to begin the first closed round of testing for cross realm matchmaking. The main tasks facing the participants of the closed testing are to check the correctness of the cross-server balancer and the usability of the interface.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,423 battles

So clan battles where one team from one server, ie NA,  could fight another team from another server, ie RU ?

Did I interpret that right?

[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,588 battles
3 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

So clan battles where one team from one server, ie NA,  could fight another team from another server, ie RU ?

Did I interpret that right?

Yes.

[TOG]
Members
2,493 posts
15,062 battles

Let World War Clan Battles commence.

[WOLF5]
2,286 posts
25,423 battles
19 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Yes.

Very interesting.

AFAIK, that feature isn't even in WoT.  I quit a few years ago so I could be wrong.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
772 posts
63 battles

I was wondering what happened to this. Hopefully it leads to global MM if ping rates allow.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

Even better would be a single login and let players select which server they want to play on for regular play too.

• Cool 2

[VFW]
Beta Testers
52 posts
2,439 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Even better would be a single login and let players select which server they want to play on for regular play too.

This would be awesome!

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't see WG doing this. They make a lot of money off of people who buy the same ship 2-4 times, one for each server they play on.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I don't see WG doing this. They make a lot of money off of people who buy the same ship 2-4 times, one for each server they play on.

I think that it is more of a "Not invented here" issue because WT has that.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

I think that it is more of a "Not invented here" issue because WT has that.

Fair enough.

[-K-]
Members
1,082 posts
7,360 battles

So a clan could potentially win NA clan battles without ever having to play any other NA clans?  Hmmm...

Edited by RightYouAreKen

[WOLF5]
2,286 posts
25,423 battles
2 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

So a clan could potentially win NA clan battles without ever having to play any other NA clans?  Hmmm...

Potentially but improbable since I assume in order to win the NA server, you would have to choose the prime time for the NA realm.  This entails competing against other clans who choose the NA realm prime time which I assume would be most NA based clans.

[-K-]
Members
1,082 posts
7,360 battles
1 minute ago, Patton5150 said:

Potentially but improbable since I assume in order to win the NA server, you would have to choose the prime time for the NA realm.  This entails competing against other clans who choose the NA realm prime time which I assume would be most NA based clans.

Ok, if implemented where the prime time you select is the leaderboard you appear on, I think that would work.  It seemed like more of a selection which allowed you just to change when you played, but the dev blog post is pretty vague on the details.  We'll see how it pans out.  If it means more people can play, but winners still come from within the same pool that plays each other, I think it could be a good addition.

[WOLF5]
2,286 posts
25,423 battles
2 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Ok, if implemented where the prime time you select is the leaderboard you appear on, I think that would work.  It seemed like more of a selection which allowed you just to change when you played, but the dev blog post is pretty vague on the details.  We'll see how it pans out.  If it means more people can play, but winners still come from within the same pool that plays each other, I think it could be a good addition.

We'll see how its actually implemented so I could be wrong.  But if its implemented the way I think it will be, I wonder how soon a clan will win a CB season on a server that is not their 'home' server.  And which clan and what server that would be.  My popcorn will be ready.  Should be some interesting threads popping up once this gets implemented.

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I think that the problem with this might be that there could be some usernames that exist on both servers that don't belong to the same person.  That is, the name Crucis on the NA server (me) might also exist on the EU server but belong to a completely different person.  As I recall, on the test server, they get around this by appending your server initials to your name (i.e. CrucisNA or maybe it's Crucis(NA) for me).  But as I also have heard, at times on the test server players from one server might have personal issues with people from another part of the world (another country), and take it out on them by attacking team mates from another server.  So I can't say that I'm a big fan of the idea of having NA appended to my name if it was going to make me a big target for friendly fire from players from certain other servers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
28 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that the problem with this might be that there could be some usernames that exist on both servers that don't belong to the same person.  That is, the name Crucis on the NA server (me) might also exist on the EU server but belong to a completely different person.  As I recall, on the test server, they get around this by appending your server initials to your name (i.e. CrucisNA or maybe it's Crucis(NA) for me).  But as I also have heard, at times on the test server players from one server might have personal issues with people from another part of the world (another country), and take it out on them by attacking team mates from another server.  So I can't say that I'm a big fan of the idea of having NA appended to my name if it was going to make me a big target for friendly fire from players from certain other servers.

As you mentioned that could be handled by a simple region tag behind every name, NA, EU, RU, AI(AS?). My experience with the RU players is if you are nice to them they are nice to you. The people that get TK'd on the WoT CT always seemed to be mouthy. I never had trouble there or during WoWS Alpha or early Closed Beta with the RU players.

[INTEL]
Members
8,604 posts
25,771 battles
19 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Games that do that have shorter queue times. WG could then achieve its goal of short queue times w/o all the mechanics like dets and CVs designed to shorten the game and get players back in the queue. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,195 posts
11,707 battles
4 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I play on EU too.  I don't need my NA ships there, I'd be happy with just having one client to access the separate accounts.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I play on EU too.  I don't need my NA ships there, I'd be happy with just having one client to access the separate accounts.

That would be nice too but I would like to have a single port. Merge the accounts and pay credits or doubloons depending on tech tree or premium for duplicates.