Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,866 posts

If you really want alpha and bravo to mean something, make alpha no rentals allowed. I think there are enough experienced players for that to be a realistic set-up.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles

But alpha teams and bravo teams can play each other. It's not that alpha rating is what determines the clans rating, it's whichever rating is higher.

For some odd reason our bravo rating is higher right now, because people played it first... 

[PLPT]
Members
65 posts
4,560 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

But alpha teams and bravo teams can play each other. It's not that alpha rating is what determines the clans rating, it's whichever rating is higher.

For some odd reason our bravo rating is higher right now, because people played it first... 

Your bravo team will eventually become your Alpha team after enough progression.

[SALVO]
Members
17,036 posts
17,659 battles
3 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

If you really want alpha and bravo to mean something, make alpha no rentals allowed. I think there are enough experienced players for that to be a realistic set-up.

Seadog, I don't think that Alpha and Bravo are really meant to mean much of anything.  My clan just uses them as follows.  We use Alpha for our "A" team players.  It's the team we're seriously trying to advance through the CB rankings.  OTOH, we use our Bravo team differently.  If we have enough players online for two teams, it's the "B" team players with perhaps a couple of A teamers to provide some leadership and stability.  Bravo team is good for giving our less CB-experienced players the opportunity to play some clan battles without putting our A team ranking at risk.  Also, if our A team guys are having a rough night but aren't ready to quit, we might just switch over and play Bravo so that we can relax a little bit.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, Crucis said:

Also, if our A team guys are having a rough night but aren't ready to quit, we might just switch over and play Bravo so that we can relax a little bit club some seals.

LOL, oh yeah I know!

[SALVO]
Members
17,036 posts
17,659 battles
4 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

LOL, oh yeah I know!

Seadog, we're not really THAT good, at least not consistently this season.  Oh, I won't argue that occasionally we've run into some truly weak CB teams that did feel like seal clubbing.  At the same time, for a while, it seemed like every time we were in the 3 out of 5 struggle to progress to Storm league, we kept running into Hurricane league teams from last season, and we were often feeling like the seals rather than the clubbers.

Members
1,866 posts
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Seadog, we're not really THAT good, at least not consistently this season.  Oh, I won't argue that occasionally we've run into some truly weak CB teams that did feel like seal clubbing.  At the same time, for a while, it seemed like every time we were in the 3 out of 5 struggle to progress to Storm league, we kept running into Hurricane league teams from last season, and we were often feeling like the seals rather than the clubbers.

Neither are we. We have some rental-only players, and some my-ship players, and who plays depends on who is online. I haven't found a huge difference in alpha and bravo, and we're not sure which one we belong in, since the team varies. The Bravo teams have more rental ships, but we have seen no-rentals teams in Bravo, apparently "taking a break". My suggestion was to differentiate the two in some way. Alpha seems to be only for bragging rights.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles
1 hour ago, NobleWhiteMan said:

Your bravo team will eventually become your Alpha team after enough progression.

I was meaning that we somehow played our bravo as our main team early. Every other clan played alpha as their main team. 

Sign in to follow this