You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
skillztowin

Kii is on sale / Makoto Kobayashi personal mission

14 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
275 posts
4,357 battles

2 questions: 

Is the Kii worth it?

Did anyone who purchase the Kii today get the chance to earn/buy the Makoto Kobayashi camo?

Source google: a few months after the kii bundles were released, WG gave the opportunity for any owners of the kii to earn the camo with a personal mission in game.  Screen shots of the event show the mission only needed one battle to complete.  My second question is directed to those who purchase the kii today. After you play her, did you get the mission? 

[S0L0]
Members
222 posts
5,417 battles

regrading the missions, it tends to be only for the first sale of a ship or bundles or if WG had a special event going on (Warspite for example)..if there is something like that, I'm sure it'll be listed in the store as part of the package.

(however I do not own the Kii so I cannot say much on Kii's special camo, some prems always have special camo that can be bought, like the Texas, but I'm not sure if it's the same for the Kii)

Edited by JB_24
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,199 posts
9,896 battles

yes! it makes almost as much money as the mo does! (after flags and base bonuses):fish_book:

edit: wait don't buy it unless you can get it with the koby camo! its brings in way more credits than the regular one does!

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
275 posts
4,357 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

yes! it makes almost as much money as the mo does! (after flags and base bonuses):fish_book:

can you clarify if you purchased the ship today?

is that YES, the camo only came in bundles?

as in YES the mission becomes available? 

or YES, this ship makes money?

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

Says ship and port slot only. As stated above the Kobyashi camo can only be purchased with a bundle with the ship and cannot be bought separately. 

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
18 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

2 questions: 

Is the Kii worth it?

Did anyone who purchase the Kii today get the chance to earn/buy the Makoto Kobayashi camo?

Source google: a few months after the kii bundles were released, WG gave the opportunity for any owners of the kii to earn the camo with a personal mission in game.  Screen shots of the event show the mission only needed one battle to complete.  My second question is directed to those who purchase the kii today. After you play her, did you get the mission? 

You may be able to purchase the camo in game but it will be 5000 doubloons or more. I would have bought the Roma yesterday but I don't want it with out the extremely ugly money making Camo.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,239 posts
4,207 battles
20 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

You may want to edit your post title to reflect the fact that this is a question. Until I read the post, I was under the impression you were telling us that the mission was offered.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles
23 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

2 questions: 

Is the Kii worth it?

I got Kii in a 2017 Santa box and have not had the ability to get the Kobayashi mission since then.

3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You may be able to purchase the camo in game but it will be 5000 doubloons or more. I would have bought the Roma yesterday but I don't want it with out the extremely ugly money making Camo.

That Kobayashi camo is not available in game. Only the normal premium ship camo that comes with premium ships was available.

• Cool 3

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I got Kii in a 2017 Santa box and have not had the ability to get the Kobayashi mission since then.

That Kobayashi camo is not available in game. Only the normal premium ship camo that comes with premium ships was available.

Unfortunate for WG, it made me not buy it (the Roma that is). I will just wait till Christmas to try for the premiums I don't have.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,199 posts
9,896 battles
4 hours ago, skillztowin said:

can you clarify if you purchased the ship today?

is that YES, the camo only came in bundles?

as in YES the mission becomes available? 

or YES, this ship makes money?

sorry my bad. 

no I haven't bought it today, I bought it when it first came out

Cameo only comes if it is listed with it. you can tell if you have this package because the ship will be painted a gold color.

mission becomes available after you purchase the ship. you just have to play 1-3 battles in the  kii to get it

yes, the ship makes very good money, though you would benifit in the long run with the kobi camo because it adds a 20% bonus to creditsas well as a 50% decrease for repairs! add in your clan's  base 10% repair reduction and the India Bravo Terrathree 10% reduction bonuses and you can make a ton of credits!:Smile_coin:

I have the Mighty Mo as well, and although it makes more money than Kii, I still love playing the Kii more because its a got some unique qualities and mot people don't know your packing torpedoes until its too late!

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles
3 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

sorry my bad. 

no I haven't bought it today, I bought it when it first came out

Cameo only comes if it is listed with it. you can tell if you have this package because the ship will be painted a gold color.

mission becomes available after you purchase the ship. you just have to play 1-3 battles in the  kii to get it

yes, the ship makes very good money, though you would benifit in the long run with the kobi camo because it adds a 20% bonus to creditsas well as a 50% decrease for repairs! add in your clan's  base 10% repair reduction and the India Bravo Terrathree 10% reduction bonuses and you can make a ton of credits!:Smile_coin:

I have the Mighty Mo as well, and although it makes more money than Kii, I still love playing the Kii more because its a got some unique qualities and mot people don't know your packing torpedoes until its too late!

Yeah, but outside of the bundle you purchased and the stand alone mission that WG offered later, the special camo mission is not available when you buy it or get it in a container.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

9xclzy2.gif

I don't own it but fight it regularly It will lose more than win in my sights

[INTEL]
Members
8,568 posts
25,660 battles
22 hours ago, skillztowin said:

2 questions: 

Is the Kii worth it?

I enjoy it, run it a lot in coop. Her AA is brutal. The guns drive me nuts with their crappy dispersion, and she is fairly easy to cit, but played conservatively, you can do well...

...and everyone forgets that Kii has torps. *evil laugh*