Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Should good clans be able to have fun?

11 comments in this topic

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles

I see a lot of complaints about top clans playing their bravo rating in lower leagues. 

Is it so bad that after tedium extraordinaire playing high level battles in the top leagues against the best clans in the game where every mistake is punished, that a clan may want to unwind and play a few battles together however they want with whatever ship they want with the other rating where it won't affect their standing? 

Are top clans not supposed to have fun within the prescribed parameters given by wargaming for cb this season? 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[FARQD]
Members
369 posts
6,128 battles

Well people are welcome to do what they want for having fun. But its not so much fun for many of the average clans to lose and be kicked down to lower leagues (yeah right git gud, but not everyone can git gud and the skill wall is real). Surprisingly all these unicum clans are matched during the promos which becomes an exercise in frustration. But personally we in our clan have never felt bad playing against them as we always take it as a learning experience. We discuss their strategy, positioning, ship choices after the game and try to incorporate it in our future games. In fact we have used those experiences and did quite well against similarly or a little better skilled clan. 

Edited by sansfaille
  • Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles

We ran around in our other rating the other night, played 5 dd comps. I would have rathered play our top rating but I was on call and didn't want to ditch a game while playing our top rating, and eventually I got called out and had to leave mid game. 

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,387 battles

The way you present the question is as the aggrieved so its hard to say no your not allowed. Cast in another light. "should top level clans be allowed to prey on lower ranking ones" puts it in a whole new perspective. 

IMO I dont have a problem with it, in fact we played y'all last week IIRC & it was a good fight until our right collapsed & y'all rolled over us. I dont mind losing so long as we play well. My clan makes it a habit to discuss the ither teams ship selection & tactics so even when we lose we take something positive from it. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles
4 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

The way you present the question is as the aggrieved so its hard to say no your not allowed. Cast in another light. "should top level clans be allowed to prey on lower ranking ones" puts it in a whole new perspective. 

IMO I dont have a problem with it, in fact we played y'all last week IIRC & it was a good fight until our right collapsed & y'all rolled over us. I dont mind losing so long as we play well. My clan makes it a habit to discuss the ither teams ship selection & tactics so even when we lose we take something positive from it. 

well, I don't consider us a top clan. 2nd tier, maybe. So I was asking it as not including my clan. 

I don't think I was in that game. I've only managed to play about 6 battles so far this season, hoping to get more in. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,387 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

well, I don't consider us a top clan. 2nd tier, maybe. So I was asking it as not including my clan. 

Its always a matter of perspective. The guy at the top of the ladder looks down & seeing smiling faces, the guy at the bottom looks up & sees nothing but a**holes :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,398 battles

Some of them are just trying to get their Bravo team up into Typhoon as well, it's not so much about unwinding.  For the ones trying to get their rating as high as possible with the Alpha team, it's a way of making sure your members who aren't quite at Alpha level get some experience playing together as well as against the kind of opponents they need to be able to beat without impacting the overall clan rating.  You're also letting them have an opportunity to get their steel/Stalingrad flag/whatever.  I can't remember if Bravo teams can also play against Alpha teams as I didn't memorize all the nuances of the change, but if they can then that's probably also a motivating factor if your Bravo team can help knock some of the teams you're trying to pass down a notch.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
8,871 battles
5 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Some of them are just trying to get their Bravo team up into Typhoon as well, it's not so much about unwinding.  For the ones trying to get their rating as high as possible with the Alpha team, it's a way of making sure your members who aren't quite at Alpha level get some experience playing together as well as against the kind of opponents they need to be able to beat without impacting the overall clan rating.  You're also letting them have an opportunity to get their steel/Stalingrad flag/whatever.  I can't remember if Bravo teams can also play against Alpha teams as I didn't memorize all the nuances of the change, but if they can then that's probably also a motivating factor if your Bravo team can help knock some of the teams you're trying to pass down a notch.

Alpha can play bravo teams. But at this point I think most of what people would call top clans have both ratings in typhoon. Also the typhoon clans are facing 5mins plus q times

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I haven't played any clan battles, but what would make sense to me is that, after the top league is the irrevocable fun league. No risk of losing your earned rewards, so you can either just go have fun, try new things out, help train more clan members, whatever.

Sign in to follow this