You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lillehuntrix

Go Navy loyalty/tokens math

34 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

OK, everyone, please check and critique my math on the loyalty/tokens aspect of the Go Navy event.

While there has been no official announcement, the port icon for the Go Navy event suggests that it will end on August 20.  Let's assume that August 19 is the final active day.  On that basis, there are 26 days of the event, including today.

It appears that you can earn 5 loyalty per day.  Playing coop this morning, just to test, I got an invitation to switch teams about four battles in, which I refused, for +2 loyalty; I should get another +3 loyalty at the end of the day for earning points.  While it is possible that invitations to switch only go to members of the team that is ahead (I was a Shark at the time, and Sharks were winning this morning), that would be massively disadvantageous to players on the team that is behind.  Nonetheless, I'd love for it to be confirmed that everyone is receiving these invitations to switch.  But if these assumptions hold, there is a pool of 130 (26x5) earnable loyalty from now to the end of the event.

Loyalty earns tokens for one team when you pass certain thresholds.  It appears that the maximum loyalty you can have to any one team is 75, and at reaching 75 loyalty you will have earned 195 tokens for that team.

So let's assume that you play 15 days remaining loyal to one team and reach 75 loyalty (15x5=75) and 195 tokens for that team - Sharks, let's say.  The next day you switch to the Eagles, and play out the remaining 11 days for them, earning 55 loyalty and 95 Eagles tokens.

With your Sharks tokens, you can already get one of the permanent camos for Worcester, Salem, or Des Moines.  If you want more, you can go to the premium shop and buy containers, which contain both 10 Sharks and 10 Eagles tokens apiece.  Three would give you 125 Eagles tokens, enough for a second premium camo.  Six would give enough for a second Sharks permanent camo as well.

TLDR: It appears that by playing every day, in the right pattern, while managing your loyalty, you can end up with three permanent tier 10 camos for $30 (six containers), plus all the other stuff that the containers yield and that your leftover tokens will buy.

Worth it?  No idea, but this appears to be a strategy.

• Cool 11

[OPG]
Supertester
1,901 posts
10,249 battles

Hehe, I feel better knowing that I wasn't the only one doing this math in my head.  Have a +1   OSD people unite :-)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
11 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Hehe, I feel better knowing that I wasn't the only one doing this math in my head.  Have a +1   OSD people unite :-)

Lol, yeah - at a certain point paper was necessary.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,039 posts
8,128 battles

He does a good job of illustrating the Go Navy economy:

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[OPG]
Supertester
1,901 posts
10,249 battles
11 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Lol, yeah - at a certain point paper was necessary.

there-is-only-one-theory-in-maths_o_643017.jpg.b4726ac07541533e6ac4b4789c1d54f6.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[POP]
Members
855 posts
9,776 battles
41 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

OK, everyone, please check and critique my math on the loyalty/tokens aspect of the Go Navy event.

While there has been no official announcement, the port icon for the Go Navy event suggests that it will end on August 20.  Let's assume that August 19 is the final active day.  On that basis, there are 26 days of the event, including today.

It appears that you can earn 5 loyalty per day.  Playing coop this morning, just to test, I got an invitation to switch teams about four battles in, which I refused, for +2 loyalty; I should get another +3 loyalty at the end of the day for earning points.  While it is possible that invitations to switch only go to members of the team that is ahead (I was a Shark at the time, and Sharks were winning this morning), that would be massively disadvantageous to players on the team that is behind.  Nonetheless, I'd love for it to be confirmed that everyone is receiving these invitations to switch.  But if these assumptions hold, there is a pool of 130 (26x5) earnable loyalty from now to the end of the event.

Loyalty earns tokens for one team when you pass certain thresholds.  It appears that the maximum loyalty you can have to any one team is 75, and at reaching 75 loyalty you will have earned 195 tokens for that team.

So let's assume that you play 15 days remaining loyal to one team and reach 75 loyalty (15x5=75) and 195 tokens for that team - Sharks, let's say.  The next day you switch to the Eagles, and play out the remaining 11 days for them, earning 55 loyalty and 95 Eagles tokens.

With your Sharks tokens, you can already get one of the permanent camos for Worcester, Salem, or Des Moines.  If you want more, you can go to the premium shop and buy containers, which contain both 10 Sharks and 10 Eagles tokens apiece.  Three would give you 125 Eagles tokens, enough for a second premium camo.  Six would give enough for a second Sharks permanent camo as well.

TLDR: It appears that by playing every day, in the right pattern, while managing your loyalty, you can end up with three permanent tier 10 camos for $30 (six containers), plus all the other stuff that the containers yield and that your leftover tokens will buy.

Worth it?  No idea, but this appears to be a strategy.

Thank you for doing the math.!

[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,982 battles

I am wondering if there might be a way to get 4 shark containers each day and then switch and get 4 Eagle each day? That would total up to 3,600 coal per day just in event crates and then 36,000 after 10 days and 108,000 Coal of event were to go 30 days...

Of course not sure if you would be able to snag those perma camo doing this, but might be worth while if people preffered the coal instead.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I am wondering if there might be a way to get 4 shark containers each day and then switch and get 4 Eagle each day? That would total up to 3,600 coal per day just in event crates and then 36,000 after 10 days and 108,000 Coal of event were to go 30 days...

Of course not sure if you would be able to snag those perma camo doing this, but might be worth while if people preffered the coal instead.

My daily offer to switch came early - before I had earned my first event container for the day.  I don't think there is a way of controlling the timing on when it appears.

[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,982 battles
Just now, Lillehuntrix said:

My daily offer to switch came early - before I had earned my first event container for the day.  I don't think there is a way of controlling the timing on when it appears.

Yeah mine came mid way through my container grinds.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,865 posts
12,616 battles

@Lillehuntrix The loyalty tokens are for your personal use in the Go Navy Arsenal. They are not win or lose points for the team.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Lillehuntrix The loyalty tokens are for your personal use in the Go Navy Arsenal. They are not win or lose points for the team.

Correct.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
On 26/07/2018 at 1:29 PM, ExploratorOne said:

He does a good job of illustrating the Go Navy economy:

thanks that was usefull

[INTEL]
Members
8,585 posts
25,702 battles
On 7/26/2018 at 9:02 AM, Lillehuntrix said:

Not understanding. Right now I have  20 Sharks tokens from winning 4 days.

My loyalty is at 22. Does that mean I have an additional 22 tokens? Or what? 

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles

Yeah this whole thing is a freaking mess of epic proportions. Been playing on the eagle team the whole time and got an offer to to join sharks today, hit accept by freaking accident. So damn disgusted by this I have no words. Not sure what that does to me now for "loyalty" but you know I have gotten to the point where I just don't care about any of this nonsense any more. 

Does anyone have any freaking clue if I go back to Eagles tomorrow what that does? Is loyalty reset? Should I just stick with the silly shark team until I max out loyalty there first? I would read the rules but you know Wargaming has a tendency to overcomplicate things and would prefer a rational human being's interpretation of their convoluted mess. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
16 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Not understanding. Right now I have  20 Sharks tokens from winning 4 days.

My loyalty is at 22. Does that mean I have an additional 22 tokens? Or what? 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

Most of the way down:

Awards for team loyalty:

Team loyalty Awards in tokens
3 5
10 15
25 25
50 50
75 100 + Sharks/Eagles Team Loyalty achievement

While remaining on a team and refusing the invitation from the other team, you can earn up to +5 loyalty.

So the next threshold is 25 loyalty (which you and I will both reach tomorrow morning), and you'll get an additional 25 Sharks tokens, on top of the 20 you should have already, then.  Then 50 tokens at 50 loyalty, but then 100 tokens at 75 loyalty, whereupon your loyalty to Sharks will max out.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
11 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah this whole thing is a freaking mess of epic proportions. Been playing on the eagle team the whole time and got an offer to to join sharks today, hit accept by freaking accident. So damn disgusted by this I have no words. Not sure what that does to me now for "loyalty" but you know I have gotten to the point where I just don't care about any of this nonsense any more. 

Does anyone have any freaking clue if I go back to Eagles tomorrow what that does? Is loyalty reset? Should I just stick with the silly shark team until I max out loyalty there first? I would read the rules but you know Wargaming has a tendency to overcomplicate things and would prefer a rational human being's interpretation of their convoluted mess. 

Loyalty is not reset.  If you choose Eagles tomorrow morning you still have plenty of time to max out your Eagles loyalty/tokens.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,585 posts
25,702 battles
15 hours ago, Lillehuntrix said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

Most of the way down:

Awards for team loyalty:

Team loyalty Awards in tokens
3 5
10 15
25 25
50 50
75 100 + Sharks/Eagles Team Loyalty achievement

While remaining on a team and refusing the invitation from the other team, you can earn up to +5 loyalty.

So the next threshold is 25 loyalty (which you and I will both reach tomorrow morning), and you'll get an additional 25 Sharks tokens, on top of the 20 you should have already, then.  Then 50 tokens at 50 loyalty, but then 100 tokens at 75 loyalty, whereupon your loyalty to Sharks will max out.

I see. Thanks! I had missed that.

Edited by Taichunger

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles
3 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Loyalty is not reset.  If you choose Eagles tomorrow morning you still have plenty of time to max out your Eagles loyalty/tokens.

Thanks Lille I appreciate that. Was kind of angry, dropped out of the game and came straight to the forums and that kind of shows in my post... Again thanks! 

[F4E]
Members
40 posts
11,067 battles

I'm confused, do the sharks get additional tokens every day for winning? If so how many tokens do you get a day?

[-WPG-]
Members
806 posts
3,352 battles
54 minutes ago, Tapioka70 said:

I'm confused, do the sharks get additional tokens every day for winning? If so how many tokens do you get a day?

No, winning team (sharks) get one extra sharks/eagles crate per day.  This is the only bonus the sharks are getting. These are the normal crates, not the ones you buy in the premium shop that have tokens in them.    

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Oh cool, I was wondering how people were supposed to get enough tokens for the camos on offer. This really clears it up. So I WILL be able to freedomize my Des Memes once I get it, awesome!

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

No, winning team (sharks) get one extra sharks/eagles crate per day.  This is the only bonus the sharks are getting. These are the normal crates, not the ones you buy in the premium shop that have tokens in them.    

Yep.  1 extra sh*tty container is the daily reward for winners :Smile_Default: