bubbleboy264

Game KEEPS CRASHING AFTER EVERY BATTLE NO MATTER WHAT I DO

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,410 battles

After every battle, when I try to return back to port, my game freezes and I have to quit it and restart. This keeps happening no matter what I do. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still crashes. I don’t know what to do, the game is unplayable now. I’m on a Mac. And no I don’t want to hear, “get a PC”, I love my Mac and your not helping at all by saying that ur just being an [edited]. I need proper help. Support won’t go anything they will just give a cut and paste response, what do I do to fix this 

• Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
4,545 posts
11,437 battles

How about submitting a ticket....?

Nvm.

Get rid of the Mac.

...unless you're an unemployed artist or something...

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

I used to have a similar problem on my Mac. I could play one or two games and then it would crash. Some said to set the graphics to "Low" but I only play this game because of the ship models so I wasn't going to kill the one reason I participate. Restarting the game after two matches seemed to really help. It is annoying but stopped the crashes. The crashes only seemed to happen to me playing PvP or OPs, never in Co-op as well. Anyways that was my fix until I stumbled onto something else. I had always figured it was a ship rendering issue screwing things up but was playing with my audio settings because I was tired of the HUGE EXPLOSION NOISE and the BATTLE STARTS screaming in my ears. Played with the sliders and set most of them almost to zero but I also set my Audio from "Ultra" to "Standard" or "High" (I forget what the options were). That alone fixed my crashing problem. I haven't tested it in OPs yet but can play PvP all day with no issues. Support is pretty useless when it comes to Macs, there is a sub-forum for Apple users in all this mess. Anyways try playing with your Audio settings in game and if that doesn't work for you. 

EDIT: Ok tried the Scenario mode out and had zero problems, not even any lag which I normally get as the bot ships spawn. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WORX]
Members
1,825 posts
12,872 battles
3 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I’m on a Mac. And no I don’t want to hear, “get a PC”, I love my Mac and your not helping at all by saying that ur just being an [edited]. I need proper help. Support won’t go anything they will just give a cut and paste response, what do I do to fix this 

^^^ I can emphasize on your frustration and lack of answers. I want to call to your attention however, There is really no support for mac users in WOWS. Other then running the Integrity tool to make sure your files are in order, there is really nothing other then what you dread me saying. Get a PC. I use to play in a MAC however, after so much drama with every update. I got a cheap PC and I haven;t had any problems since.  I would page @Gneisenau013   first to see if he can give you more information on how to straighten the situation out. He is consistent in responding to these situations. Other then that, my fix we already know you're not going to like Get a PC :). GL and HF

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
418 posts

I once spoke to Giants Software(the makers of Farming Simulator series) and they told me that Macs are not good for games and are mostly used for office solutions. I once used a Mac for Farming Simulator 17 which has graphics just like WoWS, and it was horrible. They game kept on freezing and I finally got a PC. Apple has created a desktop that will run high graphic games but it is about $5000. This of course is very expensive considering that you could get the best PC ever made at this price while that Apple desktop barely makes it to the higher end of the gaming equipment spectrum. 

Edited by Leopard_IX

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles
44 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

I once spoke to Giants Software(the makers of Farming Simulator series) and they told me that Macs are not good for games and are mostly used for office solutions. I once used a Mac for Farming Simulator 17 which has graphics just like WoWS, and it was horrible. They game kept on freezing and I finally got a PC. Apple has created a desktop that will run high graphic games but it is about $5000. This of course is very expensive considering that you could get the best PC ever made at this price while that Apple desktop barely makes it to the higher end of the gaming equipment spectrum. 

Depends on the Mac, if you attend professional photo conferences like some people I know, they bring a ton of Macs with them. And a lot of those high graphics CGI for movies are done on Mac. Just a matter of shelling out the cash to get one with enough power for what you want it to do since they sell high powered ones for those that need then and lower powered ones for people that just want to check Facebook and do some light office work.

Microsoft has been partnering with gaming companies in what I think is an attempt to try and keep one of their last real markets open to them. Other thing is the Microsoft computer code is so easy to get into and modify that you can have less skilled people write or modify the code as opposed to the iOS Linux and Unix code which can get much harder, but far more secure.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,410 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I used to have a similar problem on my Mac. I could play one or two games and then it would crash. Some said to set the graphics to "Low" but I only play this game because of the ship models so I wasn't going to kill the one reason I participate. Restarting the game after two matches seemed to really help. It is annoying but stopped the crashes. The crashes only seemed to happen to me playing PvP or OPs, never in Co-op as well. Anyways that was my fix until I stumbled onto something else. I had always figured it was a ship rendering issue screwing things up but was playing with my audio settings because I was tired of the HUGE EXPLOSION NOISE and the BATTLE STARTS screaming in my ears. Played with the sliders and set most of them almost to zero but I also set my Audio from "Ultra" to "Standard" or "High" (I forget what the options were). That alone fixed my crashing problem. I haven't tested it in OPs yet but can play PvP all day with no issues. Support is pretty useless when it comes to Macs, there is a sub-forum for Apple users in all this mess. Anyways try playing with your Audio settings in game and if that doesn't work for you. 

Yeah I think I might have figured it out. I reinstalled it without the ultra settings and it seems to be working so far 

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles

I'm on a PC and I'm getting the same thing.  Not every battle but after 4 battles my port screen is frozen and I have to restart. 

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles
4 hours ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Yeah I think I might have figured it out. I reinstalled it without the ultra settings and it seems to be working so far 

I am glad it is working for you as well.