Sign in to follow this  
legoboy0401

New patch stealthily rechecked the(resupply with in-game currency if unavailable) button and cost me 16 doubloons. A big deal when I only had 25 to begin with!!

5 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

:Smile_facepalm: Why do they do this? With every patch they reset controls and settings, but I forgot they reset this one as well. Not all settings are touched, for example the port filter remains the same. I ALWAYS leave that box unchecked, so why do they keep resetting it to "ON" by default?

I was savng my doubloons for when I would need them, maybe to demount a special upgrade from a ship and move it to the next ship in the line. So much for that plan!:Smile-angry::Smile_sad:

What do you think? Is this intentional by WG or no?

Community Department
2,123 posts
520 battles
4 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

:Smile_facepalm: Why do they do this? With every patch they reset controls and settings, but I forgot they reset this one as well. Not all settings are touched, for example the port filter remains the same. I ALWAYS leave that box unchecked, so why do they keep resetting it to "ON" by default?

I was savng my doubloons for when I would need them, maybe to demount a special upgrade from a ship and move it to the next ship in the line. So much for that plan!:Smile-angry::Smile_sad:

What do you think? Is this intentional by WG or no?

I may only assume that consumables that now can be purchased defaultly for credits somehow influenced your options. We certainly did not change your options specifically. Sorry for loosing some of your doubloons. Please check the options when there are some related changes. 

[TDD]
Members
906 posts
7,945 battles

He is complaining about the patch resetting the options. I had this same thing happen. Box is checked off then you guys do a patch and suddenly it's checked on again. At least I caught it did this time, so it didn't cost me any Doubloons this time but it does leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth that it is something that keeps happening.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to bad code... please fix

Beta Testers
102 posts
633 battles

Transactions involving real money should be coded to that standard. Honestly it didn't even occur to me that they wouldn't be here, but now I need to go through all of my ships and check.

I can agree it is good practice of the buyer to check, and it equally good practice for the vendor to ensure that accidental billing is also not occurring. It open you guys up to risk that you shouldn't be taking. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
On 26.07.2018 at 5:23 PM, HarryVoyager said:

Transactions involving real money should be coded to that standard. Honestly it didn't even occur to me that they wouldn't be here, but now I need to go through all of my ships and check.

I can agree it is good practice of the buyer to check, and it equally good practice for the vendor to ensure that accidental billing is also not occurring. It open you guys up to risk that you shouldn't be taking. 

I usually do check. but this time I forgot. I'm human, you know.

It did it again. Now sometimes when I uncheck it, it'll go back to being checked without even needing an update to do so. Also, before, it used to be a check it or un-check it for all ships in port, and now it seems that you have to uncheck it for every ship in your port. I'm submitting a ticket.

Sign in to follow this