You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

WOW! Go Navy crates in Premium shop - even a whale has his limits

70 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles

I just looked in the shop and see the new Go Navy crates are out. Holy crap. $120 USD for a 30 crate bundle. I am sorry WG but NO! I grudgingly spent $99 USD p/ 30 crate bundle of the Freedom containers as it gave me a guaranteed 20 Dragon flags p/ crate, plus collection pieces towards a perma camo prize, and a possibility of missions towards Premium ships. But $120 for 12 or 24 (most will be 12) Dragon flags and 10 +10 tokens is a RIP OFF of epic proportions even if the tokens can be used for "stuff".

I was going to buy a couple bundles like I usually do to restock my Dragon flag supply but will pass on these entirely. Even whales reach a breaking point and $120 USD is it for this whale. I will just buy some of the older crate bundles and get my flags that way.

$120 :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 21

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
3,291 battles

I can tell you why it was priced the way it was, purely because you could buy your way to Salem using these crates. Kinda ridiculous with the price though (coming from another fellow whale). Although I have spent more without thinking on other games, so there is that.

Keep in mind from these containers you do get enough tokens from the 30 pack to buy 120 sharks/eagles containers. That's another 120 dragon flags, 600 regular economic flags, and 50,000 coal - more than enough coal to get any of the tier 5 premiums in the arsenal. Not making excuses for them, but it isn't as bad as you make it out to be. - Additional note, you have to buy these 120 containers 1 at a time, and then open them 1 at a time...

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am sorry WG but NO!

They're not after you; they're after the sort of person I recall from the French missions in February, who IIRC ranted that he was dissatisfied because he'd unsuccessfully spent $500 on crates looking for a Richelieu unlock

5 minutes ago, danredda1616 said:

I can tell you why it was priced the way it was, purely because you could buy your way to Salem using these crates.

This is an alternative explanation that works very well for me. But surely nobody would be insane enough to spend that much.

Would they? :Smile_amazed:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ANKER]
1,088 posts
3,291 battles

Ughh they really need to add a multi-buy on these containers (the regular ones for tokens).... buying a heap of them 1 at a time, having to click 3 confirmation dialog buttons all in different places is annoying.

[-TFC-]
Members
22 posts
1,718 battles

But you get 500,000 dubloons for each ten tokens at 0.7.8 :Smile_coin::Smile-_tongue:
Got to love wargaming misprints
 blob.png.8503f6d47d9597b47818db4dc18abc21.png

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They're not after you; they're after the sort of person I recall from the French missions in February, who IIRC ranted that he was dissatisfied because he'd unsuccessfully spent $500 on crates looking for a Richelieu unlock

This is an alternative explanation that works very well for me. But surely nobody would be insane enough to spend that much.

Would they? :Smile_amazed:

I bought a bunch of those crates too. I most definitely am their target consumer for these crates. NO WAY will I spend $120 for what you get. Nope not happening.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
15 minutes ago, Navcab4422 said:

But you get 500,000 dubloons for each ten tokens at 0.7.8 :Smile_coin::Smile-_tongue:
Got to love wargaming misprints
 blob.png.8503f6d47d9597b47818db4dc18abc21.png

Uhhh  very sorry to say this I'd love it to,  However when I read your post and saw 500,000  Doubloons I said to myself that isn't what I remember so I went back and checked yeah it's not doubloons it's credits:Smile_sad:500,000 credits

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I bought a bunch of those crates too. I most definitely am their target consumer for these crates. NO WAY will I spend $120 for what you get. Nope not happening.

Not everyone has your reasonable limits. Guess they think if you don't put the bait in the water, you'll never catch a fish.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not everyone has your reasonable limits. Guess they think if you don't put the bait in the water, you'll never catch a fish.

The wrong bait or lure results in no fish too

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,017 battles
32 minutes ago, danredda1616 said:

I can tell you why it was priced the way it was, purely because you could buy your way to Salem using these crates. Kinda ridiculous with the price though (coming from another fellow whale). Although I have spent more without thinking on other games, so there is that.

Salem costs 240k coal. That's $480.00 if your starting at 0 coal at 60k coal for a $120.00 bundle. $480.00 worse case scenario. You want to spend that much money for a nerfed Des Moines with no legendary upgrade?

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
1,088 posts
3,291 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Salem costs 240k coal. That's $480.00 if your starting at 0 coal at 60k coal for a $120.00 bundle. $480.00 worse case scenario. You want to spend that much money for a nerfed Des Moines with no legendary upgrade?

Oh hell no. But I am saying this is likely 1 reason why it is. If someone really wanted to they could "buy" to tier 10.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The wrong bait or lure results in no fish too

Over the winter, we kept two cages next to each other in our house. In one, a pair of slugs; in the other, a toad. The slugs were fruitful and multiplied, and it wasn't long before at least two slugs made their way (somehow, we still don't know how) into the toad's cage.

We released the toad early this week. Hiding under a rock were the original two slugs that had made their way in. We'd wondered at first if the toad posed a risk to them. What we found was at least one of those slugs having grown almost bigger than the toad. Sometimes the prey is too big for the predator!!!

2 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

You want to spend that much money for a nerfed Des Moines with no legendary upgrade?

I reckon some people will do anything to avoid a grind.

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
421 posts
42 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Uhhh  very sorry to say this I'd love it to,  However when I read your post and saw 500,000  Doubloons I said to myself that isn't what I remember so I went back and checked yeah it's not doubloons it's credits:Smile_sad:500,000 credits

It's actually 50,000 credits. Just asked one of the moderators, and they said that it is 50,000 credits

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
1,088 posts
3,291 battles
4 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

It's actually 50,000 credits. Just asked one of the moderators, and they said that it is 50,000 credits

Probably 50,000 per token. Therefore 10 tokens = 500000. Doubt it would be that bad (especially if they are selling them at these prices)

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,017 battles
28 minutes ago, danredda1616 said:

Oh hell no. But I am saying this is likely 1 reason why it is. If someone really wanted to they could "buy" to tier 10.

Far less expensive to free XP to T10. 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
284 posts
4,397 battles

Dear WG - at least throw in a chance to win a premium ship(s). 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

are these the same crates we are being awarded? If so - good luck - i'm getting squatto from them.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

are these the same crates we are being awarded? If so - good luck - i'm getting squatto from them.

In the ones you buy you get either 12 or 24 Dragon flags and 10 Shark and 10 Eagles tokens. That's it! 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
45 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Somewhere there is a very wealthy but very impatient person who wants quick access to Tier 10 because they think they can run before learning to crawl, and who doesn't yet have enough stored elite XP to convert for that.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,047 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

You still need a ton of elite XP that most who haven’t reached 10 don’t have.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
33 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

You still need a ton of elite XP that most who haven’t reached 10 don’t have.

It depends on how broad their grinds are and how many premium ships they've bought and created elite XP on. My highest ship is currently a Tier 8; technically I'm at Tier 9 because I have the Neptune unlocked but not bought. I've got nearly a million elite XP; I'm pretty sure that's enough to free-XP to the end of any line, if only I had the silver for it (not that buying silver would be any issue if I'd already spent the money to convert the XP). 

Low tier doesn't mean low XP. I'm pretty sure there must be Belfast owners, for example, who got to Tier VII, bought that ship to sit alongside their Fiji, and loved it so much they never touched another ship. As an extreme example of low-tier, high-XP, @theLaalaa had close to FOUR MILLION ship XP on his Black Swan last I looked (though I know he's also ground his way well up several lines, if not to Tier X). And so on.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,497 posts
3,435 battles

30 Crates x 10 Tokens for both sides = 300 Sharks and Eagles Tokens. Enough to buy all 4 Permacamo from the Arsenal Event shop and have enough spare tokens left over.

Each Permacamo is 125 Tokens.

• Worcester's Sharks Permacamo
  • Worcester's Eagle Permacamo
  • Salem's Freedom Permacamo (Either token)
  • Des Moine's Freedom Permacamo (Tokens of the other side that wasn't used to purchase the Salem Permacamo)

That leaves a remaining 50 tokens for both sides to spend on Containers (20 maximum; 9000 Coal, +20 Special Flags, +100 Economic Flags).

Normal T10 Permacamo is normally 5000 Doubloons, or about $23.56 USD (from the Any Doubloons option), so $94.24 USD total. However, WG charges about a 10~12 USD markup for special visual/hull replacer Permacamo (see Space Camouflage). Currently, it's at $35.95 USD. So $143.80 USD for all 4.

So assuming one just wanted all 4 permacamo for whatever reason (maybe they like rotating their Permacamo depending on the day's mood), the $120 USD 30x Go! Navy Event Container bundle is worthwhile. Now on the other hand, if one was only buying say, 3 of the 4 (assuming only 1 Worcester Permacamo rather than both), then the value drops dramatically, unless someone values Coal more highly (125 tokens = 25 Crates = 11250 Coal + 25 Special Flags + 125 Economic Flags)

If one only wanted 2 camouflage, the $67.50 USD 15x Container bundle will supply it, and be about $3 USD cheaper than if the camouflage was sold straight like the Space Camouflage.

Ultimately, the bundle is actually priced pretty fairly, but only insofar as taking into account the Visual Permacamo costs. Its value is much lower if one is buying it to buy Coal and Special Signal Flags. For fun, Salem would cost about $480 USD (4 sets of 30x) + $67.50 USD (15x), if one was buying the 30x Container bundles and one 15x Container bundle just to build up enough coal for the ship (and starting from 0 Coal).

This also doesn't include the math done under the assumption one plays faithfully for every day of the event. Which would net an overall additional 195 Tokens of one side, and an additional 95 of the other side.

It comes down to what is worth more, your time, or your money. If neither is an issue, then you can take advantage of the 30x Container bundle and all the free tokens built up to buy whatever Permacamo you like, then spend the rest on Containers for Coal, to later put towards ships, or regular signal flags, or special modules.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,028 battles
12 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

. For fun, Salem would cost about $480 USD if one was buying the 30x Container bundle just to build up enough coal for the ship (and starting from 0 Coal).

i think thats why some will be salty , actually only reason why people would be mad since you broke it down pretty well. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,497 posts
3,435 battles
26 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

i think thats why some will be salty , actually only reason why people would be mad since you broke it down pretty well. 

I double-checked Salem's cost (it's 240,000 rather than the 210,000 I somehow misremembered). An additional 15x Shop Containers would need to be purchased, give or take.

120 USD (30x Store Containers) = 54000 Coal (if solely spent on the Coal Boxes). 54000 x 4 (120 USD Bundles) = 216000 Coal.

67.50 USD (the 15x Store Containers) = 27000 Coal (if solely spent on Coal Boxes).

So 547.50 USD total for Salem. Assuming one started with 0 Coal. A little over half a grand for a Premium T10.*

*This assumes that one doesn't use an Arsenal Ship Discount Coupon for one reason or another and is in a rush to purchase Salem, such as if Salem was leaving the shop.

Edited by YamatoA150