You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Go Navy! Special In game mission = broken

33 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,578 posts
25,668 battles

image.thumb.png.a69b7e4856bf62732c39a7a5873baa66.pngy,

Mission is HIT CITADEL THREE TIMES. As you can see, three cit hits are there, but the mission was not completed.

They were 3 HE cits on a Bogue. Does the game not count CVs? Does it not count HE citadels? Or what? 

Community Department
2,106 posts
520 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a69b7e4856bf62732c39a7a5873baa66.png

y,

Mission is HIT CITADEL THREE TIMES. As you can see, three cit hits are there, but the mission was not completed.

They were 3 HE cits on a Bogue. Does the game not count CVs? Does it not count HE citadels? Or what? 

I see, thanks for the feedback about this issue. 
UPD: It's a known bug with medium priority, we'll fix it in next updates. No additional info needed on it. 

UPD: Do you have replay of this battle saved? Some questions appeared. We still need more information on this issue. 

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
185 posts

Mine on the other hand don't even show me that I have a mission until after the battle kinda odd tbh.

Untitled.jpg

[YORHA]
Members
3,325 posts
38 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

UPD: It's a known bug with medium priority, we'll fix it in next updates. No additional info needed on it. 

Wait... wait.  You mean to say there is a highly publicised feature in the game that went through the PTS  that now isn't working, is known to be not working and it won't be fixed until the next update which is scheduled for next month?

And doesn't this event only run until the next update?

Or are there plans for a hot fix.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
27 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Wait... wait.  You mean to say there is a highly publicised feature in the game that went through the PTS  that now isn't working, is known to be not working and it won't be fixed until the next update which is scheduled for next month?

And doesn't this event only run until the next update?

Or are there plans for a hot fix.

More than likely a hot-fix/micropatch.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Had a victory, got two of three awards. 

shot-18_07.26_08_38.15-0556.thumb.jpg.4b18bf1474dbf5481bbeb42d4bbcfaa4.jpg

Yet this is the summary screen...

shot-18_07.26_08_38.01-0386.thumb.jpg.56bf5e181eabab69e9e7785eaa198d56.jpg

ZERO TEAM Victories yet i have points...

Interesting, eh? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Just to be clear... this focal point of the game that requires things to accumulate so you win things, participate, etc, etc... is only a medium priority? 

Wow. :cap_fainting:

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Just to be clear... this focal point of the game that requires things to accumulate so you win things, participate, etc, etc... is only a medium priority? 

Seriously? Wow. :cap_fainting:

I imagine there is a language-barrier issue here. I suspect "high priority" would be something like repeated crashes of the entire game or a major hardware issue (e.g. as occurred during the 1750 Base XP weekend on the Indianapolis missions).

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I'm also thinking I may be misunderstanding the "Team Victories" counter... it could be the # of victories at the end of the day. Perhaps tomorrow, one of the teams will show the value of one as team victories? 

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

Well I guess war gaming is getting a little low on salt in their break room. lol :Smile_trollface:

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,724 posts
15,363 battles

I have had trouble completing "citadel hit" missions with CVs in the past.  AP bombs hitting citadels don't count which is rather frustrating.  

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,325 posts
24 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

I have had trouble completing "citadel hit" missions with CVs in the past.  AP bombs hitting citadels don't count which is rather frustrating.  

IIRC  the missions are supposed to be tailored to the ship and player.  At least that is the impression that the video gave.

1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Wow. :cap_fainting:

Translation:

High Priority:  Things that generate/affect revenue

Medium Priority:  Things that affect game play

Low: Priority:  Things that have been broken forever (see: Magnetic Islands, Blocked Shot Indicator slow/not showing up, Rendering bug).

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Taich;

I got that mission just now and was able to do it and got credit for it. Random bug it seems. Sorry it happened to you.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles

Folks thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.  There was a problem early this morning that may have impacted saving your progress.  Please let us know if you continue seeing an issue after you've accomplished one of the tasks in the mission. 

[POP]
Members
23 posts
7,812 battles

In my first three games the special in Game Mission only appeared once out of the three games . In the one game it appeared , there was a screen splash at the beginning of the match and I was able to see it on the Tab key under "mission" . The other two times there was no indication of a special mission anywhere  until the game end recap screen. Real issue 

Members
162 posts
10,239 battles

Remember they put in some stuff a while ago too like crashed UFOs and the Portal from the Halloween missions etc on islands or inaccessable behind the map borders. Or double lighthouse forming the roman number 2 and so on. I would assume this is a teaser for the next upcomming thing. Maybe WoWs 3rd Bday or so

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
11 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Had a victory, got two of three awards. 

shot-18_07.26_08_38.15-0556.thumb.jpg.4b18bf1474dbf5481bbeb42d4bbcfaa4.jpg

Yet this is the summary screen...

shot-18_07.26_08_38.01-0386.thumb.jpg.56bf5e181eabab69e9e7785eaa198d56.jpg

ZERO TEAM Victories yet i have points...

Interesting, eh? 

11 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I'm also thinking I may be misunderstanding the "Team Victories" counter... it could be the # of victories at the end of the day. Perhaps tomorrow, one of the teams will show the value of one as team victories? 

Herr_Reitz has it correct. Team victorys are how many times that team has won a day. So tomorrow, one team will have a 1. 

Your team victorys is how many times you were on the team when it won the day.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,278 posts
25,314 battles
8 hours ago, roytwo said:

In my first three games the special in Game Mission only appeared once out of the three games . In the one game it appeared , there was a screen splash at the beginning of the match and I was able to see it on the Tab key under "mission" . The other two times there was no indication of a special mission anywhere  until the game end recap screen. Real issue 

I can confirm that special missions don't always have any splash screen or pop-up notification at the start of the match.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
5,809 battles
14 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Thats what you get for all your hating on CV's  ;)

[YORHA]
Members
3,325 posts
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

I can confirm that special missions don't always have any splash screen or pop-up notification at the start of the match.

Ditto. Haven't seen one.

[BPP]
Members
87 posts
15,088 battles

I have the same issue with the "Special tasks" not showing up on my pre-battle screen. The first one did so I tailored play to accomplish it but after that the only time I knew there even was a task was when the battle was over (once just before the end of a battle when I stumbled into completing part of it and it said something like "1/3 done". Didn't have time to finish it.

[DRAH]
Members
99 posts
3,398 battles

Not getting any special tasks and scored 2 kills in my Richelieu but got no sharks points for the kills. Didn't even get a you got nothing report.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles

I had, I think, two missions in which I accomplished things and got recognised for it. Both seemed to be in higher-tier ships (at least Tier VI). I played several missions in the Mikasa which offered and gave nothing. The recognised missions were in co-op and in Randoms, so that's not a factor.

[5D5]
Members
2,285 posts
14,319 battles

I've seen repeated comments in several threads about players expecting a special mission in every battle, this is not the case per the patch notes:

Special Combat Missions

After starting a Random or Co-op Battle, you may get a personal mission. Upon its completion, you will receive extra points. The chance of getting a personal mission depends on the type of the ship you are using. The mission must be completed only in the current battle, the progress is not saved or transferred to the next battle. The mission itself and its progress are now displayed directly in battle or when you press the TAB key.