Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

40 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,495 posts
3,435 battles

Yet another heads-up. Your ship for sale is the Kii. Yes, it's another battleship. No, it's not a joke (the ship itself is though). Live on the EU and Asia Servers.

SHIP OF THE DAY: KII

NA Price: $39.47 USD (30% OFF)

BUNDLE CONTENT

• VIII KII
  • PORT SLOT
93080ccf244f44d987238b25697d1d07.png

DETAILS

Today only: Battleship Kii at a 30% discount!

Kii is a Japanese battleship that comes with everything fans of Imperial Japanese Navy ships will love: from a powerful main battery of numerous 410 mm guns, to a good health pool and torpedoes. This ship is equipped with an impressive AA armament to counter aircraft carriers by effectively fending off their air strikes.

Advantages:

• Ten 410 mm main battery guns with a range of 19.38 km.
  • Torpedoes with a range of 6 km that pack a punch up close.
  • AA defenses that are powerful enough to make hostile air squadrons think twice before getting too close.
  • A formidable 68,200 HP and reliable armor good enough for confident "bow-tanking".
  • Extra credits per battle and 50% more XP provided by the camouflage.
  • If you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 9,030 Doubloons as compensation.

See the Wiki for the performance parameters of Kii.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 2

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,495 posts
3,435 battles

I was being professional with the first post, but I may as well also list all the negatives to her just for her torpedoes and 10cm DPs.

Kii's Trade-offs Compared to Amagi:

• 32 second reload
  • 1.7 sigma
  • Less Armor than Amagi
  • Less TDS than Amagi
  • 1kt less slower than Amagi
  • Is worthless without the Kobayashi camouflage

If you want an overall solid IJN ship, you're not going to find it in Kii. Amagi is still superior.

Kii can work, but requires more effort and can lead to frustration if your volley goes wild, as you get to wait another 32s for another shot (unless you're crutching off Adrenaline Rush). Moreso considering she isn't as durable as Amagi (hilariously so).

Edited by YamatoA150

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

Most of the sale ships have either been in game for quite a while, or only "MEH" botes.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
10,483 battles
36 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I was being professional with the first post, but I may as well also list all the negatives to her just for her torpedoes and 10cm DPs.

Kii's Trade-offs Compared to Amagi:

• 32 second reload
  • 1.7 sigma
  • Less Armor than Amagi
  • Less TDS than Amagi
  • 1kt less slower than Amagi
  • Is worthless without the Kobayashi camouflage

If you want an overall solid IJN ship, you're not going to find it in Kii. Amagi is still superior.

Kii can work, but requires more effort and can lead to frustration if your volley goes wild, as you get to wait another 32s for another shot (unless you're crutching off Adrenaline Rush). Moreso considering she isn't as durable as Amagi (hilariously so).

So while not useful as a captain trainer - you could just wait for the tier 8 perma camo to go on sale and buy it for the Amagi.  Yeah, Kii is a rare sighting in game, not very popular in the NA server.

Alpha Tester
1,963 posts

Personally the Summer Sales have been disappointing for me. The only DD on sale was Loyang and Warspite was the only T6 that was on sale. Oh well, at least I saved my doubloons. Until Black Friday then.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Most of the sale ships have either been in game for quite a while, or only "MEH" botes.

That Atlanta though !!

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,495 posts
3,435 battles

Personally, I would have been perfectly happy if they just consigned Ashitaka and Kii to the Recycling Bin (or at least Kii, and release a proper T9 Kii instead, but that's personal bias), and instead release some other ships for sale. Roma would have certainly sold more, and then maybe another DD or cruiser instead. Or if they wanted to push other dud ships, Duke of York instead.

But let's be honest; Ashitaka and Kii were sold specifically to try make a bit more money off those; especially now that the both of them got a bit of buffing. However, only Ashitaka's buff is anything remotely worthwhile, while Kii's buff is a secondary gun performance adjustment that isn't really beneficial to her because of all her negatives preventing her from being able to effectively get into close range in the first place.

11 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

So while not useful as a captain trainer - you could just wait for the tier 8 perma camo to go on sale and buy it for the Amagi.  Yeah, Kii is a rare sighting in game, not very popular in the NA server.

Kii requires more work and effort in a tier that often sees T10s, and has to somehow do it with worse overall stats than Amagi. She does well stat-wise, but only because the few that have her are pushing her hard. But that's true for practically every Premium ship; moreso in the high tiers where their cost reduces the number of players who actively purchase them.

If they buffed the reload to 30s, and at least matched Amagi's TDS and armor, she'd be more serviceable; she'd have to get closer to deal damage with her lower accuracy, but at least she'd be able to tank on the way in, and not wait a lifetime (compared to every other BB she fights in the T8-T10 spread) for her guns to reload.

Edited by YamatoA150

[KSD]
Members
68 posts
3,379 battles

I have spent more money on this game than I should have. That being said not a single ship sale has peaked my interest. I for one was hoping to see some ships that haven't been available very often.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
505 posts
1,037 battles
10 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

That Atlanta though !!

Yeah, in hindsight I should have bought the Atlanta, but the sale was gone before I saw the patch notes that buffed her AP performance.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
36 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

That Atlanta though !!

Well, Atlanta is a ship that has been around for a while; since CBT if I remember correctly. And though she is a dynamo in the hands of an experienced player, she is also very situational and quite demanding of an unskilled player.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,460 posts
3,390 battles

Place your bets now. Will the last day of sale feature Gascogne or Roma? Or maybe something else? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

As for Kii... I think she's not bad. Her AA is very good... and she has torpedoes... but her accuracy and armor do leave a lot to be desired.

Key to Kii is to focus on her key strength, and avoid exposing her key weakness. You just gotta find the right key to unlock Kii's potential, and once you do, you can become the key for your team's victory. Kii can also certainly be a key asset in training your IJN captain, since she's still a Premium ship. :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_hiding:

:fish_cute_2:

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,615 battles
2 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Place your bets now. Will the last day of sale feature Gascogne or Roma? Or maybe something else? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

As for Kii... I think she's not bad. Her AA is very good... and she has torpedoes... but her accuracy and armor do leave a lot to be desired.

Key to Kii is to focus on her key strength, and avoid exposing her key weakness. You just gotta find the right key to unlock Kii's potential, and once you do, you can become the key for your team's victory. Kii can also certainly be a key asset in training your IJN captain, since she's still a Premium ship. :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_hiding:

:fish_cute_2:

Will there be one for July 27 at all?

It states that the sale lasts until July 27. If July 27 4.20PT was the end time, Kii will be the last ship on sale.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,460 posts
3,390 battles
2 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

Will there be one for July 27 at all?

It states that the sale lasts until July 27. If July 27 4.20PT was the end time, Kii will be the last ship on sale.

Hmm, yes, you have a point.

We'll see what WG does. Hopefully there's one more day for one more ship.

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,093 posts
7,660 battles

The thing that I'll never be able to get is, the Kii was an upgraded design of the Amagi intended to have better armor in lieu of slower speed.  Yet what we got has worse armor than Amagi and worse torpedo belt protection.  What?

[LEGIO]
Members
2,994 posts
5,408 battles
17 minutes ago, Seraphil said:

The thing that I'll never be able to get is, the Kii was an upgraded design of the Amagi intended to have better armor in lieu of slower speed.  Yet what we got has worse armor than Amagi and worse torpedo belt protection.  What?

And torpedo tubes in a terrible spot which makes no sense too.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,155 posts
14,555 battles

With all the recent hoopla about the extra pen of IJN 100mm guns, and that Kii is loaded with these, it has to be stressed that the secondaries range isn't good for today's game.

7.2km with AFT & SBM2, 7.6km if the signal flag is added.

Which isn't great in the Post-German BB world.  Massachusetts' arrival in Tier VIII makes it look even worse.

Kii's specialty is AA.  It's strong enough to even make the USN BBs' AA in Tier VIII look weaker.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
3 posts

Might as well rename the game to World of Battleships since that's obviously all that Wargaming thinks anyone plays.

Kii, what an amazing summer sale this has been.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,155 posts
14,555 battles
1 minute ago, 13elite37 said:

Might as well rename the game to World of Battleships since that's obviously all that Wargaming thinks anyone plays.

Kii, what an amazing summer sale this has been.

Just remember she's not as well armored as Amagi.  Amagi is a bit of a troll with her protection.

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
3 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Just remember she's not as well armored as Amagi.  Amagi is a bit of a troll with her protection.

I still wouldn't buy Kii if she was 50% off.

Just incredibly unimpressed that there's been 1 Destroyer on sale (Loyang), 3 Cruisers (Atlanta, Atago, Prinz Eugen) and 7 Battleships (Warspite, Ashitaka, Scharnhorst, Hood, Alabama, Tirpitz, Kii)

I understand they're not selling the premium CVs for a good reason, but would it kill them to throw another Destroyer into the sale? If we get another Battleship for sale tomorrow then I can say they've sold literally twice as many Battleships as any other type of ship.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,155 posts
14,555 battles
5 minutes ago, 13elite37 said:

I still wouldn't buy Kii if she was 50% off.

Just incredibly unimpressed that there's been 1 Destroyer on sale (Loyang), 3 Cruisers (Atlanta, Atago, Prinz Eugen) and 7 Battleships (Warspite, Ashitaka, Scharnhorst, Hood, Alabama, Tirpitz, Kii)

I understand they're not selling the premium CVs for a good reason, but would it kill them to throw another Destroyer into the sale? If we get another Battleship for sale tomorrow then I can say they've sold literally twice as many Battleships as any other type of ship.

They could have sold 1-2 BBs and the rest Cruisers and Destroyers, and you know for a fact that those 1-2 BBs would sell better than any combination of Cruiser and Destroyer in the shop.  That's just me being realistic.

[SIX]
Beta Testers
66 posts
9,188 battles

I got the Kii in a Santa box, so I was predisposed to give it the benefit of the doubt. After all, it was free. And...I actually like it. It is far from ideal, but I have fun playing it for some odd reason. 

[WOLF2]
Members
160 posts
4,765 battles

Dangit.  Oh well, guess I'll get the permacamo for the Moskva instead.  Was hoping for Roma.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,079 battles

I actually like my kii do fairly well in her, she is often overlooked by the enemy team in favor of other "more dangerous" ships on my team. This gives me a chance to do some decent damage to them and the torps can be a great surprise because unlike the Tirpitz people seem to forget Kii has them.

Sign in to follow this