Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

19 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
876 battles

Anyone else believe that bots shouldn't be able to launch torpedoes while they're already dead?  I have died several times in this fashion, and it's a bunch of bullcrap that pisses me off.

• Bad 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Wait till you get a torpedo launched through an Island. Now that is scary.

• Funny 1

Members
9 posts
876 battles

Well, I don't think they can launch torpedoes through an island, but seriously, bots should not be able to kill you with like 50 fricking torpedoes AFTER you kill them; that, in my opinion, should be illegal.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
36 minutes ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

I don't think they can launch torpedoes through an island

Honestly dude, with a total of 748 games played, you don't know enough to know what to think yet. Trust me when I say @CLUCH_CARGO is right, torps have been, and can, be fired through islands under the right (or wrong) circumstances.

39 minutes ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

bots should not be able to kill you with like 50 fricking torpedoes AFTER you kill them; that, in my opinion, should be illegal.

Torps take, in some instances (Sims) a LONG time to get to their targets; what is killing you is torps fired right before you smoked the bot DD, and reached, and killed, you after the firing bot had died. 

[WORX]
Members
1,870 posts
12,936 battles
1 hour ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

Anyone else believe that bots shouldn't be able to launch torpedoes while they're already dead?  I have died several times in this fashion, and it's a bunch of bullcrap that pisses me off.

Here is some advice. When you deal the fatal blow to a red DD regardless if its a bot or not. There are 5 buttons, these 5 buttons are known as WSADQE hacks, trust me it works. Especially the Q and E buttons which causes your ship to turn hard left or right. After you have mastered this hack your "pissed off" mood will give way to "oh crap I should;ve done this a long time ago". GL and HF

Edited by Navalpride33

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
506 posts
1,040 battles

Khan Noonien Singh would have made a great destroyer captain, launching torps before his ship blows up: " To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

• Funny 2

[NGA]
Members
1,295 posts
7,860 battles
4 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Khan Noonien Singh would have made a great destroyer captain, launching torps before his ship blows up: " To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

Technically that quote is originally from Captain Ahab from Moby [edited].

Edit: RotFLMAO

Edited by JediMasterDraco

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
506 posts
1,040 battles

Yep, but Khan had more passion...and who reads Melville anymore?

[NGA]
Members
1,295 posts
7,860 battles
47 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Yep, but Khan had more passion...and who reads Melville anymore?

Someone who plans to one day dance on their English teacher's grave. Had to read Mark Twain too.

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
1,735 posts
8,298 battles

Secret tip : torpedo have a longer travel time compared to shell.

If you die from bot torps after you killed them, it just mean you didn't expected him to launch torps and kept sailing in that predictable line.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

Even the worst players in PVE can have a 90%+ Win Rate.  Can the bots get a break?

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles
4 hours ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

Well, I don't think they can launch torpedoes through an island, but seriously, bots should not be able to kill you with like 50 fricking torpedoes AFTER you kill them; that, in my opinion, should be illegal.

Sorry but that point sounds strange a bit. If your launch torpedoes in a bot and your ship is out of HP, than torpedoes must be destructed either?

Members
9 posts
876 battles

Basically, it's like I kill an enemy bot cruiser, then 10 seconds later I eat 50 torpedoes.  It's so infuriating that I actually go into a training battle and exert capital punishment on that bot XD.  But launching torpedoes through islands sounds rather farfetched, unless you're talking about launching torpedoes through gaps in between islands.

[ALPHA]
Members
180 posts
4,227 battles

Hmm, 50 torpedos sounds like you are not wasd ninja or even wasd literate. Also, 50 torps? Dude, that means something else launched torps too and you didn’t spot it. No crusier can spit that many fish save kitakame, and she is a ghost in the tree. TLDR: learn better wasd, learn qe, learn that ships often fire torps well before they’re dead, and therefore you must prepare with WASDQE. 

[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles
4 minutes ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

Basically, it's like I kill an enemy bot cruiser, then 10 seconds later I eat 50 torpedoes.  It's so infuriating that I actually go into a training battle and exert capital punishment on that bot XD.  But launching torpedoes through islands sounds rather farfetched, unless you're talking about launching torpedoes through gaps in between islands.

Look, this may sound obvious, but how do you know the torpedoes weren't launched before the ship that carried them was destroyed?  After all, torpedoes take time to reach their intended target area, and you don't spot them until they get very close to you.

There have been countless times where I've sunk a torpedo-armed ship - PvP and Co-ops - only to see their torpedoes coming at me a few seconds later.  It only makes sense that he launched them before he was sunk, not that he somehow miraculously launched them postmortem..

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,059 posts
3,928 battles
49 minutes ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

Oh...you have much to see and learn yet, my humble padawan learner. You will see many a thing that leave you wondering W T F....

[SS238]
[SS238]
Members
138 posts
22,788 battles

For those of us that play mainly PVP, magical "death torps" are a "game feature" we just have to deal with. I have had torps appear after a bot dies many times, often appearing even though the bot never reached the angle he needed to fire those torps at me. I have been torped after executing a 90 degree turn, with said torps appearing on my broadside, not my stern. (and no, they were not from another bot. that dd was the last torp carrying ship on their side).

Not much we can do but rant a bit and then go out and slaughter the next set of bots. It's not worth yelling about.

[NEMO]
Members
77 posts
3 hours ago, _BFLF_HockeyDude17 said:

Nope...it's literally fish coming from an island beach right beside you.As if they magically passed through the island.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this