You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DemarticusStone

Fix your Matchmaker, WG

98 comments in this topic

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles

How...How is it so impossibly hard for a Company so WELL KNOWN to fix something that's clearly broken? I've seen nothing but Tier 10 Matches in my Tier 8 Ship tonight.

WG is slowly becoming the EA and Ubisoft of F2P Games, they really are, something so simple, that is so busted, could be fixed in a 100MB patch.

And it's not been one match is Tier 8, and then like...2 Matches are Tier 10, no, it's EVERY GAME that's tier 10, it's so incredibly mind-boggling that a Company that can barely maintain any sort of balance in their Matchmaking System is so incredibly popular!

• Cool 4
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 6

Members
711 posts

there is nothing wrong with seeing tier IX and X ships when your tier VIII.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles
Just now, b101uk said:

Yes, yes there is, especially when it's CONSTANT.

• Bad 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,275 posts
13,702 battles
2 minutes ago, DemarticusStone said:

Yes, yes there is, especially when it's CONSTANT.

Everyone with a T9 or T10 ship has had to deal with this. Why should they change it now?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles
1 minute ago, Vaffu said:

Everyone with a T9 or T10 ship has had to deal with this. Why should they change it now?

Oh gee, I dunno...To make it FAIR? Am I missing something here? Is this THAT hard of a concept for people to understand?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,275 posts
13,702 battles
Just now, DemarticusStone said:

Oh gee, I dunno...To make it FAIR? Am I missing something here? Is this THAT hard of a concept for people to understand?

It is fair, as I pointed out EVERYONE else had to do it so why should it be changed to make it easier for you?

• Bad 1

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

It is fair, as I pointed out EVERYONE else had to do it so why should it be changed to make it easier for you?

Hey, genius, I never said just for me.

This would be for EVERY player, so everyone has a fair damned shot at actually DOING something, instead of being cannon fodder.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SIDE]
Members
1,256 posts
8,868 battles

Nearly everyone with a T10 ship is grinding out the legendary modules and actively playing those T10 ships on a regular basis. You should not be surprised, as a T8, to be continually placed into T10 games. This will continue until it's over, I believe around December.

My advice, if you don't like the MM, is to play a different tier. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,455 posts
11,772 battles

Last night I had an all tier 8 match, a split t9 and t8, and 4 t10 battles. All different t8 ships.

It is satisfying to be in a Charles Martel , only t i in rest t10 match, and finish on top....

Members
208 posts
2,089 battles

I'm couirus since you brought up the 100mb patch what exactly would be in that patch. How would they fix it, why is it 100mb that's a lot of code, which I bet you know nothing about.  Stop complaining and learn to play the game.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,275 posts
13,702 battles
2 minutes ago, DemarticusStone said:

Hey, genius, I never said just for me.

This would be for EVERY player, so everyone has a fair damned shot at actually DOING something, instead of being cannon fodder.

That would be fair to all the other players who had to grind thru T8 by being put into T10 matches exactly how genius?

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles
1 minute ago, _Rumple_ said:

Nearly everyone with a T10 ship is grinding out the legendary modules and actively playing those T10 ships on a regular basis. You should not be surprised, as a T8, to be continually placed into T10 games. This will continue until it's over, I believe around December.

My advice, if you don't like the MM, is to play a different tier. 

Yeah, cause that seems fair to everyone that purchased a Premium Ship, right? "Sorry, Guys, since we can't fix MM, you're going to have to wait for about 5 months before you can play your premium ship, which you purchased yourself! Our bad!"

WG is just too lazy to do anything about it.

• Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles
16 minutes ago, b101uk said:

There is nothing all that right about it either. It is what it is, WG did it for the new players but hasn't tried it for the upper tiers. They are like Charlie Brown all wishy washy. It should either be 2 or 3 tier battles across the board not some of each which trashes any chance of a fair MM.

50e524604a672a893aacf7eead6bc3c5.jpg.thumb.gif.6913a922c1db1d823706d275bbb9d617.gif

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KRAK]
Members
1,275 posts
13,702 battles

Yeah, cause that seems fair to everyone that purchased a Premium Ship, right? "Sorry, Guys, since we can't fix MM, you're going to have to wait for about 5 months before you can play your premium ship, which you purchased yourself! Our bad!"

WG is just too lazy to do anything about it.

So because you bought a premium T8 ship you deserve to have it changed? Sounds fair to me.

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

So because you bought a premium T8 ship you deserve to have it changed? Sounds fair to me.

Boy, you're about as slow as a steam roller, aren't you?

I said this would be for legitimately EVERY player, keep up, or shut up.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[KRAK]
Members
1,275 posts
13,702 battles

Boy, you're about as slow as a steam roller, aren't you?

I said this would be for legitimately EVERY player, keep up, or shut up.

The only one slow here is you apparently. I have ground out 6 or 7 lines to T9 or T10 by playing  thru the T8 MM just like thousands of other players so please explain in your mind how it would be "fair" to change it now?

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

The only one slow here is you apparently. I have ground out 6 or 7 lines to T9 or T10 by playing  thru the T8 MM just like thousands of other players so please explain in your mind how it would be "fair" to change it now?

...Okay, I'm gonna make this really simple, so you can keep up.

Fixing Matchmaker to +1/-1 would be a universal change, understanding so far? That means it would be for ALL Players, so they can actually enjoy the ships they either ground for, or paid for. (I'm betting not a word of that gets through your thicker-than-cement skull.)

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

I have ground out 6 lines to tier 10 and all of the rest are 8's and 9's now and I wouldn't mind a two tier match maker.

• Cool 1

Members
3,796 posts
14,076 battles
15 minutes ago, b101uk said:

There's plenty wrong when you're driving a Tier 8 and are endlessly bottom tiered against a majority of tier 10s that are vastly superior to you in every way.

OP, if WG mis-management cant/wont figure out for themselves that +2 -2 MM is hurting this game, then no amount of complaining about it will change their minds. There's been more threads/posts on this than one can shake a stick at and WG just ignores them.

• Bad 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,275 posts
13,702 battles

...Okay, I'm gonna make this really simple, so you can keep up.

Fixing Matchmaker to +1/-1 would be a universal change, understanding so far? That means it would be for ALL Players, so they can actually enjoy the ships they either ground for, or paid for. (I'm betting not a word of that gets through your thicker-than-cement skull.)

Still have not explained how this would be fair to the THOUSANDS of players who already had to grind thru T8 in a T10 MM? You said this would be fair for everyone. I am not seeing the fairness you speak of. I see someone who bought a ship and wants things changed that have been this way forever because they feel they are special.

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

There's plenty wrong when you're driving a Tier 8 and are endlessly bottom tiered against a majority of tier 10s that are vastly superior to you in every way.

OP, if WG mis-management cant/wont figure out for themselves that +2 -2 MM is hurting this game, then no amount of complaining about it will change their minds. There's been more threads/posts on this than one can shake a stick at and WG just ignores them.

Yeah, but, maybe, just maybe, it'll be the Artillery of WOWS, people complained enough about Artillery, and it eventually got nerfed on WoT, so maybe if we keep nagging they'll become so annoyed, they'll finally listen.

• Bad 1

Members
774 posts
1,422 battles

Still have not explained how this would be fair to the THOUSANDS of players who already had to grind thru T8 in a T10 MM? You said this would be fair for everyone. I am not seeing the fairness you speak of. I see someone who bought a ship and wants things changed that have been this way forever because they feel they are special.

Changes are made in games EVERY day, it doesn't matter if it's fair to the previous, it matters if it's fair NOW.

HOW...HOW are you this impossible?!

Edited by DemarticusStone
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

Still have not explained how this would be fair to the THOUSANDS of players who already had to grind thru T8 in a T10 MM?

WG has already done it before for tier 3 and 4, so there is precedence.

[KRAK]
Members
1,275 posts
13,702 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have ground out 6 lines to tier 10 and all of the rest are 8's and 9's now and I wouldn't mind a two tier match maker.

You have 6 lines to T10 and played thru the T8/T10 MM so its not impossible or even that hard now was it?

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles
34 minutes ago, DemarticusStone said:

How...How is it so impossibly hard for a Company so WELL KNOWN to fix something that's clearly broken? I've seen nothing but Tier 10 Matches in my Tier 8 Ship tonight.

WG is slowly becoming the EA and Ubisoft of F2P Games, they really are, something so simple, that is so busted, could be fixed in a 100MB patch.

And it's not been one match is Tier 8, and then like...2 Matches are Tier 10, no, it's EVERY GAME that's tier 10, it's so incredibly mind-boggling that a Company that can barely maintain any sort of balance in their Matchmaking System is so incredibly popular!

Fixing implies that it is broken, which it isn't. It is working within its parameters.