Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

568
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,777 battles

Thanks WGing for buffing the Podvoisky and Gnevny. These are the buffs I mentioned on the forum back at Christmas time to make both a little more noob friendly. The reload is especially appreciated on the Pod. Gnevny now has something to make it stand out from the Gremy, Anshan, Fushun with it's new for RU DD's lightning fast turrets. My Personal Rating for the evening is 6369.

IronMikey Likey

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[SYN]
Members
4,545 posts
11,437 battles

IMO buffing the Podvoisky was totally unnecessary.  It already had a lot going for it, chiefly its absurd speed, and that all the guns turn a full 360 degrees - which made up for their relatively slow traverse.  If anything, I was expecting the Podvoisky to get nerfed.

Not that I'm complaining - I still have all the VMF DDs except the Udaloi and Grozovoi.  Buffing these boats makes it feel like Christmas morning.

I've got 70 boats, and the Pod ranks among the the top 5 most successful of them all, in every category.  It's basically a Tier V Khabarovsk.

Speaking of Khabarovsk, the Tashkent now gets the Khab's guns, but with the 15+km range of the Tash guns.  They're actually better than the guns on the Khab!  So what if you get one less turret?!  :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah...

Boats that were already very good (except maybe the Gnev and Minsk) get even better, while the Emile Bertin gets smacked with the nerf bat.

Go figure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,732
[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles
16 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

IMO buffing the Podvoisky was totally unnecessary.  It already had a lot going for it, chiefly its absurd speed, and that all the guns turn a full 360 degrees - which made up for their relatively slow traverse.  If anything, I was expecting the Podvoisky to get nerfed.

Not that I'm complaining - I still have all the VMF DDs except the Udaloi and Grozovoi.  Buffing these boats makes it feel like Christmas morning.

I've got 70 boats, and the Pod ranks among the the top 5 most successful of them all, in every category.  It's basically a Tier V Khabarovsk.

Speaking of Khabarovsk, the Tashkent now gets the Khab's guns, but with the 15+km range of the Tash guns.  They're actually better than the guns on the Khab!  So what if you get one less turret?!  :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah...

Boats that were already very good (except maybe the Gnev and Minsk) get even better, while the Emile Bertin gets smacked with the nerf bat.

Go figure...

It's just a coincidence that those boats are all Russian. Just wait til they release the Soviet BBs with 18 inch guns and a 15 second reload. 

Which they will buff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
628
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,445 posts
11,731 battles

The big one you missed is Trashcan getting Khabba guns. It is now a beast, and in my opinion better than Khabba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
54 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Thanks WGing for buffing the Podvoisky and Gnevny. These are the buffs I mentioned on the forum back at Christmas time to make both a little more noob friendly. The reload is especially appreciated on the Pod. Gnevny now has something to make it stand out from the Gremy, Anshan, Fushun with it's new for RU DD's lightning fast turrets. My Personal Rating for the evening is 6369.

IronMikey Likey

 

Do you know if they will stealth-buff Fushun and Anshan's turret traverse to be faster as well? WG's been known to do that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
568
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,777 battles
38 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Do you know if they will stealth-buff Fushun and Anshan's turret traverse to be faster as well? WG's been known to do that before.

I doubt it, they have 8KM torps that the Gnevny lacks so in the name of balance they can and should leave the rotation as is on the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[SYN]
Members
4,545 posts
11,437 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The big one you missed is Trashcan getting Khabba guns. It is now a beast, and in my opinion better than Khabba.

Yep.

Little reason to play the Khab now if you have the Tashkent.  Tash gets the Khab's guns but with better range.  Has better torps (not that you'll ever use them).  Can beat up on Tier VIIs.  Only marginally less health and slower than the Khab, and attracts a lot less unwanted attention.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
34 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I doubt it, they have 8KM torps that the Gnevny lacks so in the name of balance they can and should leave the rotation as is on the others.

They did it for Anshan when the RU DDs got buffed HE.(this was before Fushun's time, so she has it baked in) I believe this one though more of a gun-type specific thing, rather than a ship-by-ship balancing. In other words, it's buffing the guns and all the ships that have those exact guns get buffed, but those that don't do not.

 

It's worth noting that except for fire chance, Gnevny, Anshan, and Fushun all have identical guns, something even the stats in port hint at. Gremy has a bit different guns so she usually gets buffed independently.

 

At first, it looks like not even LENINGRAD is getting changed. That can't be right. I think we don't have all the information yet, is what I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,502
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,487 posts
3,435 battles

I just wish Gremyaschy got a bit of the traverse buff too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
5 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I just wish Gremyaschy got a bit of the traverse buff too.

Yeah, same. Doesn't it seem kind of amiss though that LENINGRAD, of all ships, is NOT getting WD-40?

Edited by legoboy0401

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,502
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,487 posts
3,435 battles
3 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Yeah, same. Doesn't it seem kind of amiss though that LENINGRAD, of all ships, is NOT getting WD-40?

It's certainly a bit ironic that they decided NOT to buff their VMF DD Premiums. Then again, Leningrad seems to still be doing fairly well as-is, whereas Gremy just needs the WD-40 now that OWSF isn't a thing any more and isn't OP anymore. Moreso since the advent of the KM and Pan Asian lines, where they have better and more comfortable gun play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
3 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

It's certainly a bit ironic that they decided NOT to buff their VMF DD Premiums. Then again, Leningrad seems to still be doing fairly well as-is, whereas Gremy just needs the WD-40 now that OWSF isn't a thing any more and isn't OP anymore. Moreso since the advent of the KM and Pan Asian lines, where they have better and more comfortable gun play.

On the contrary, though, Fushun could really use some WD-40 because her guns are her only weapon against DDs, whereas Gnevny at least has torps that can hit other DDs. Anshan doesn't really need the buff, though it would make for more consistent gun handling between the three ships.

 

The only reason I mentioned Leningrad not getting it is because her tech tree clone, Minsk, is. I guess it's fair though, Minsk isn't very good.

Edited by legoboy0401

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×