You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nexuruler

Nation battles

21 comments in this topic

Members
15 posts
1,727 battles

to put it simply nation battles is when one team of the same nation battles another of a different or same nation in an entire battle. this doesn't have to be mandatory its something a little extra on the side for people can select that way they can all sail under the same flag.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
9,730 posts
7,466 battles
10 minutes ago, nexuruler said:

to put it simply nation battles is when one team of the same nation battles another of a different or same nation in an entire battle. this doesn't have to be mandatory its something a little extra on the side for people can select that way they can all sail under the same flag.

You can do that in the training room. There are people who are recreating historical battles in the training room.

[CAST]
Members
1,205 posts
7,381 battles

I have wondered that myself.  It could be an interesting game mode to try out.  Combine it with a set of rewards for playing a certain number of games of each nation.  That would ensure that all nations would be played.  This could give some good info as to whether the nations are balanced too.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,868 posts
12,616 battles

@nexuruler That has been suggested before a few times and why it hasn't been considered puzzles me. All they would need to do is add an optional Match Maker that considered nationality along with tier and ship types with a check box to select that mode. The Match Maker might need a little more time but for we who have the time that wouldn't be a problem!

Members
22 posts
625 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can do that in the training room. There are people who are recreating historical battles in the training room.

I'm still a little new and haven't made it quite high enough to join a clan yet, but could you explain what the training room is? I see it referenced from time to time but I don't quite get what it is or what the prerequisites are for using it. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,001 battles
6 minutes ago, 4ox4ire said:

I'm still a little new and haven't made it quite high enough to join a clan yet, but could you explain what the training room is? I see it referenced from time to time but I don't quite get what it is or what the prerequisites are for using it. 

Check out this link:

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
2 minutes ago, 4ox4ire said:

I can't remember what account level it is unlocked at, but when you get high enough account level, there is an additional battle option unlocked. So when you go to select a battle type (co-op, random, Operation, Rank/Clan) at the bottom would be "training room."

Training room can be used for multiple purposes. set yourself up against dummy ships that don't move or fire back, for a bit of target practice. I used it to determine what range I need to be at to penetrate into the citadel of certain ships, with the 100mm AP rounds, if that's even possible (100mm can't pen citadel of all cruisers).

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,652 posts
4,919 battles
1 hour ago, nexuruler said:

You know, that would kind of be fun.  Maybe as a special event coinciding with the anniversary of a particular battle.  North Cape could be Germans on one side, British on the other etc ... ... ... . Of course it would probably drive the matchmaker into electronic insanity but it's a nice idea. 

Members
22 posts
625 battles
7 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Check out this link:

1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I can't remember what account level it is unlocked at, but when you get high enough account level, there is an additional battle option unlocked. So when you go to select a battle type (co-op, random, Operation, Rank/Clan) at the bottom would be "training room."

Training room can be used for multiple purposes. set yourself up against dummy ships that don't move or fire back, for a bit of target practice. I used it to determine what range I need to be at to penetrate into the citadel of certain ships, with the 100mm AP rounds, if that's even possible (100mm can't pen citadel of all cruisers).

Thank you, this sounds like it would be pretty helpful to me for practice with DDs since I'm basically a submarine captain with them, and might be helpful in the future. I really don't mean to hijack this thread, so just one more question. From what I can find on youtube (older videos) it seems like the training room is a mod? Is this correct?

Or is this outdated? I believe I'm lvl 14. Thanks again for the help. Ppl can PM me with replies instead if they want. 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

This would be less balanced here IMO than it was in Tanks.

I find that caring so much about balance is extremely tiresome. I like an uphill battle sometimes.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,675 posts
3,924 battles
Just now, Hiroe said:

I find that caring so much about balance is extremely tiresome. I like an uphill battle sometimes.

I didn't like the tanks version to the point that one attempt was enough. I didn't like ranked here that one season was enough.

Aside from the fact that you can only segment a playerbase a number of times before it starts to have a deleterious influence on other game modes.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

I didn't like the tanks version to the point that one attempt was enough. I didn't like ranked here that one season was enough.

Aside from the fact that you can only segment a playerbase a number of times before it starts to have a deleterious influence on other game modes.

Depends on how much people want to play it. Most people waited for a while in ranked. I often waited 3-5 minutes.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,675 posts
3,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Hiroe said:

Depends on how much people want to play it. Most people waited for a while in ranked. I often waited 3-5 minutes.

Try waiting for a full-realism flight in that other game after it went live. Probably even worse now/have to join pre-organized play.. but I digress. We both have made our points.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Try waiting for a full-realism flight in that other game after it went live. Probably even worse now/have to join pre-organized play.. but I digress. We both have made our points.

Ah, I misread what you said. "On *other* game modes." Yea, it would increase the waiting time a bit. No argument there.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
1 hour ago, 4ox4ire said:

Thank you, this sounds like it would be pretty helpful to me for practice with DDs since I'm basically a submarine captain with them, and might be helpful in the future. I really don't mean to hijack this thread, so just one more question. From what I can find on youtube (older videos) it seems like the training room is a mod? Is this correct?

Or is this outdated? I believe I'm lvl 14. Thanks again for the help. Ppl can PM me with replies instead if they want. 

it used to be you had to modify game files, to get access. WG made it so you didn't have to, in a patch I can't remember. So it is no longer considered a "mod," it is fully accessible at account level 15 (thank you @kizarvexis)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,730 posts
7,466 battles
5 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

it used to be you had to modify game files, to get access. WG made it so you didn't have to, in a patch I can't remember. So it is no longer considered a "mod," it is fully accessible at account level 15 (thank you @kizarvexis)

You are welcome

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
3 hours ago, Murcc said:

I have wondered that myself.  It could be an interesting game mode to try out.  Combine it with a set of rewards for playing a certain number of games of each nation.  That would ensure that all nations would be played.  This could give some good info as to whether the nations are balanced too.

It's irrelevant whether or not the nations are balanced because the ships that were implemented in this game were all balanced around the assumption of international teams supporting them.  Russian DD's are not good at capping.  French cruisers are not good at hunting DD's.  British cruisers (with the sole exception of Minotaur) do not provide decent AA support.  Japanese BB's are not very good at pushing.  Trying to force these ships into those roles by depriving them of the kind of mixed teammates they usually have won't tell you much except for how this very limited game mode plays out.

It would probably be dominated by the USN, by the way.  Their DD's can win cap fights, their cruisers can hunt DD's, their BB's can push and they'd be one of only two factions with CV's at all.  The worst faction would clearly be the Russians at tier 6+ because they'd have no BB's, no CV's and DD's that aren't good at capping.  There is no way that a team consisting entirely of destroyer leaders and fire support cruisers is going to be competitive against an equally skilled team with access to other ship types.

[CAST]
Members
1,205 posts
7,381 battles
On 7/26/2018 at 12:11 AM, Vaidency said:

It's irrelevant whether or not the nations are balanced because the ships that were implemented in this game were all balanced around the assumption of international teams supporting them.  Russian DD's are not good at capping.  French cruisers are not good at hunting DD's.  British cruisers (with the sole exception of Minotaur) do not provide decent AA support.  Japanese BB's are not very good at pushing.  Trying to force these ships into those roles by depriving them of the kind of mixed teammates they usually have won't tell you much except for how this very limited game mode plays out.

It would probably be dominated by the USN, by the way.  Their DD's can win cap fights, their cruisers can hunt DD's, their BB's can push and they'd be one of only two factions with CV's at all.  The worst faction would clearly be the Russians at tier 6+ because they'd have no BB's, no CV's and DD's that aren't good at capping.  There is no way that a team consisting entirely of destroyer leaders and fire support cruisers is going to be competitive against an equally skilled team with access to other ship types.

Just got back from a short trip that took me away from any computers, so I didn't get a chance to reply to any discussions.

Once the UK DDs and the Russian BBs get into the game we will have 5 different nations that will have representation across 3 ship types.  CVs would have to be left out for now.  Each nation's ships have strengths and weaknesses.  Yes, they are built around having support, but overall they should be able to get that support from their own nation's ships.  DDs will need support from cruisers and BBs.  Cruisers will need support from BBs and DDs.  BBs will need support from DDs and BBs.  It should be an even fight among nations.  If any one nation totally dominates, then there is a problem with balance.  I think it would be a fun mode and something to try in the future.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
18 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Just got back from a short trip that took me away from any computers, so I didn't get a chance to reply to any discussions.

Once the UK DDs and the Russian BBs get into the game we will have 5 different nations that will have representation across 3 ship types.  CVs would have to be left out for now.  Each nation's ships have strengths and weaknesses.  Yes, they are built around having support, but overall they should be able to get that support from their own nation's ships.  DDs will need support from cruisers and BBs.  Cruisers will need support from BBs and DDs.  BBs will need support from DDs and BBs.  It should be an even fight among nations.  If any one nation totally dominates, then there is a problem with balance.  I think it would be a fun mode and something to try in the future.

IJN v USN

Boy, it's nice not having radar said no one.