Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cooper_Capt

EB has been Nerfed

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

50
[SOL-B]
Members
209 posts
6,811 battles

So there goes my fav ship.   How do you say Nerfed in French?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,272
[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,984 battles
37 minutes ago, Cooper_Capt said:

So there goes my fav ship.   How do you say Nerfed in French?  

 Guillotine maybe?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[PLPT]
Members
635 posts
6,825 battles
1 hour ago, Cooper_Capt said:

How do you say Nerfed in French?

“Neurfte”

:Smile_Default:

Edited by n00bot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
307
[BROOK]
Members
1,615 posts
1 hour ago, Cooper_Capt said:

So there goes my fav ship.   How do you say Nerfed in French?  

I rage quit last month over this nerf.  

:etc_red_button:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
Members
4,554 posts
6,470 battles
2 hours ago, Cooper_Capt said:

So there goes my fav ship.   How do you say Nerfed in French?  

I just noticed this.  They took a dang good ship, but not an OP ship, and made it an average ship.....looks like to me.  The complaint about her was her slow reload. Solution? Make it even slower.  Duh.  AND for good measure nerf her torps. She has always been a bit tricky to play for many....now lets see who still can do worth a dang with her in that crazy tier 5.  Gonna be tough IMO.  Sad. There are much better candidates for the nerf hammer in this game than was EB. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[-1]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,057 battles

Viva la  Nerf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,367
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
6 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I just noticed this.  They took a dang good ship, but not an OP ship, and made it an average ship.....looks like to me.  The complaint about her was her slow reload. Solution? Make it even slower.  Duh.  AND for good measure nerf her torps. She has always been a bit tricky to play for many....now lets see who still can do worth a dang with her in that crazy tier 5.  Gonna be tough IMO.  Sad. There are much better candidates for the nerf hammer in this game than was EB. 

What did they do to Emile? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
Members
4,554 posts
6,470 battles
9 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

What did they do to Emile? 

Added a second to her already slow reload so it's now even slower and cut torp range from 9k to 6k. The torp range is not so bad since how many actually hit ships with torps from 9k but ADDING another second to her reload, which has always been the biggest complaint about her, makes no sense in my world. Hell she is a cruiser and low tier cruisers have fast reloads but she don't now.... and never did. Tier 5 is tough cause in a tier 5 ship you see a LOT of ships that are tier 6 and 7.  This will just make it tougher for her in a tier that is hard enough to play now with a tier 5 cruiser. Just my opinion.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
Members
4,554 posts
6,470 battles
15 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Viva la  Nerf

Why?  You serious? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,367
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
11 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Added a second to her already slow reload so it's now even slower and cut torp range from 9k to 6k. The torp range is not so bad since how many actually hit ships with torps from 9k but ADDING another second to her reload, which has always been the biggest complaint about her, makes no sense in my world. Hell she is a cruiser and low tier cruisers have fast reloads but she don't now.... and never did. Tier 5 is tough cause in a tier 5 ship you see a LOT of ships that are tier 6 and 7.  This will just make it tougher for her in a tier that is hard enough to play now with a tier 5 cruiser. Just my opinion.

Yeah that's complete bollocks. Whoever had that bright idea needs to change the lightbulb or else hire Dr. Percival Cox assisted by The Janitor (or Dr. Jan Itor if I may) to remove the lightbulb from his [edited].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
Members
4,554 posts
6,470 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Yeah that's complete bollocks. Whoever had that bright idea needs to change the lightbulb or else hire Dr. Percival Cox assisted by The Janitor (or Dr. Jan Itor if I may) to remove the lightbulb from his [edited].

Well she still has her speed which has always been her ace in the hole but she is quite delicate (minimal armor) and that extra second to reload can and will make somewhat of a difference. I just tried her out in co-op and did ok but co-op is NOT random. We shall see. Torps nerf does not bother me as much cause I see idiots all the time with long range torps shooting them from max range and hitting nothing. Afraid to get in close enough where they might actually kill a ship. Really long range torps seem to encourage that kinda wing and a prayer kinda torping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,367
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Well she still has her speed which has always been her ace in the hole but she is quite delicate (minimal armor) and that extra second to reload can and will make somewhat of a difference. I just tried her out in co-op and did ok but co-op is NOT random. We shall see. Torps nerf does not bother me as much cause I see idiots all the time with long range torps shooting them from max range and hitting nothing. Afraid to get in close enough where they might actually kill a ship. Really long range torps seem to encourage that kinda wing and a prayer kinda torping.

I like the long range torps on some certain kinds of cruisers and EB is the type where I do really like them. Sure, I almost never hit anything with them, but in a ship like that I almost never want to be in a place where my hit chance is likely to be above a single digit number. Same thing with something like Duca D'aosta (spelling) or Ibuki or something.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,272
[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,984 battles
45 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Added a second to her already slow reload so it's now even slower and cut torp range from 9k to 6k. The torp range is not so bad since how many actually hit ships with torps from 9k but ADDING another second to her reload, which has always been the biggest complaint about her, makes no sense in my world. Hell she is a cruiser and low tier cruisers have fast reloads but she don't now.... and never did. 

I did notice the French cruisers tend to have laser precise salvoes. So while rate of fire may not be good, the number of hits per salvo might have been very high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
Members
4,554 posts
6,470 battles
10 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I did notice the French cruisers tend to have laser precise salvoes. So while rate of fire may not be good, the number of hits per salvo might have been very high.

I am not an expert on this but my EB is very accurate so that is indeed good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
Members
4,554 posts
6,470 battles
10 hours ago, Captain_Dorja said:

I like the long range torps on some certain kinds of cruisers and EB is the type where I do really like them. Sure, I almost never hit anything with them, but in a ship like that I almost never want to be in a place where my hit chance is likely to be above a single digit number. Same thing with something like Duca D'aosta (spelling) or Ibuki or something.

Well firing at long range does have an intimidation effect and sometimes you will indeed hit.  Also there is that thing called area denial which lends itself to long range torping so I can see where you are coming from. I would prefer the 9k torps but I guess I can live with 6k.  Carry on mate.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,367
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
31 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Well firing at long range does have an intimidation effect and sometimes you will indeed hit.  Also there is that thing called area denial which lends itself to long range torping so I can see where you are coming from. I would prefer the 9k torps but I guess I can live with 6k.  Carry on mate.

Yeah it's the sort of thing where no one is right or wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,272
[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,984 battles
3 hours ago, dmckay said:

I am not an expert on this but my EB is very accurate so that is indeed good!

Exactly and if you look at the high rate of fire CAs they often spray their shells along over the place attempting to get hits. So the choice is do you want rate of fire and probably low shell damage or little slower rate of fire with higher shell damage and accuracy?

This is one of the reasons absolutely love my Graf Spee is because while it reloads slower that’s its other CA rivals, it is accurate enough and hard hitting enough to be more than worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974
Members
4,554 posts
6,470 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Exactly and if you look at the high rate of fire CAs they often spray their shells along over the place attempting to get hits. So the choice is do you want rate of fire and probably low shell damage or little slower rate of fire with higher shell damage and accuracy?

This is one of the reasons absolutely love my Graf Spee is because while it reloads slower that’s its other CA rivals, it is accurate enough and hard hitting enough to be more than worth it.

It's hard hitting but at times I find her dispersion to be pretty bad IMO. Great ship however and a very high win rate.  Same with another German ship...Scharnhorst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-XXX-]
Members
20 posts
2,481 battles

Absolutely one of my favorite ships, and they took away her advantages.  She was quick and could challenge destroyers off the caps.   Not OP in any way, an easy kill for a BB or up-tiered CA.  Omaha, Taco, and Nurn could take her 1:1 at Tier V, that's where the longer-range torps were an equalizer.   

Not like there were 2-3 per match dominating the games.  She is certainly not an Atlanta. 

WG takes the fun out of the game with this one,  huge surprise and a very disappointed customer.  

Edited by Adm_Hoel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
835
[SPTR]
Members
25,792 posts
11,092 battles

She's definetly somewhat different now dpm is badder than before you can't close in as you get out dpm by anything else that isn't a DD unless its a suicidal torp rush then again torps do some less damage given it only fires 3 too each side, still she's a capable CL as long as you don't pull her close to the heart of the fight because bad armoring that we know about her and the slightly longer reloading guns whose reload time was initially a con to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

I was impressed enough with Bertin to keep it, considered it a nasty little precision tool = nerf.  Granted I didn't use it again and eventually sold it but most every ship I really like outside of premiums gets nerfed sooner or later.  Makes sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CVA16]
Members
2,292 posts
9,862 battles

Can't see why WG thought this ship needed the nerf hammer. It was better than average, but in no way OP. Probably won't fall to the bottom or the rankings but will likely be in the lower third. Long range torp shots were low probability but still useful. You have to be at suicide ranges to use the torps. Goes from a keeper to a port slot with a captain that is probably more useful elsewhere.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles

Add AR and let a DD shoot you a couple times and it's back to pre-nerf reload. Oh well I guess. The torpedoes were great because no on expected them. All the ship has now is perma-speed boost.

1 second to reload probably won't matter all that much. 

Edited by Vekta408

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[S_B]
Members
416 posts
10,738 battles
On 7/25/2018 at 8:59 PM, dmckay said:

Added a second to her already slow reload so it's now even slower and cut torp range from 9k to 6k. The torp range is not so bad since how many actually hit ships with torps from 9k but ADDING another second to her reload, which has always been the biggest complaint about her, makes no sense in my world. Hell she is a cruiser and low tier cruisers have fast reloads but she don't now.... and never did. Tier 5 is tough cause in a tier 5 ship you see a LOT of ships that are tier 6 and 7.  This will just make it tougher for her in a tier that is hard enough to play now with a tier 5 cruiser. Just my opinion.

Played her the other day 1st time in 3 months with a zero pt captain and didn't realize she had been nerfed. LOL! One flag and camo did 50K damage, 1 sunk, 6 fires and 1 cap assist. Gotta love her speed especially with a Sierra Mike flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×