Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Slow and sluggish ship speeds/manuvering

3 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,875 posts
10,655 battles

So I asked in the general forums if anyone had experienced this issue (see link below) and quite a few report seeing the same thing. Could be all in our minds but I really don't think so. Lately (the last 2 patches at least maybe/probably longer) the ships just seem to travel slower across the map than they used to and they maneuver quite sluggishly compared to what I remember.  It isn't a FPS, PING, or lag issue either as those are fine. Plain and simple the ships just seem to be taking 2-3X's longer to travel the same distance on the map now.

A full WOT Cruiser going 32-33 knots + feels almost like you are in the NY @ 21knots the way it seems to slowly creep across the map. God help you if you are actually in the NY or some other 20-21 knot ship. UGH! :Smile_facepalm: It has gone from something I noticed and was like what is going on with the game today to something I notice every game now and that has become a major annoyance. It just takes forever to get anywhere on a map now even in fast ships like DD's. And the ships seem to maneuver like pregnant whales as well. Some people have reported (see link) a problem that arrives and/or worsens the more they play. For me it seems to be there from game one.

I don't know why this is happening and if it is intended or not? It might even be something that is an unintended consequence of a tweak to do/fix something else (like that whole BB citadel palooza mess a while back). Again, it could be all in my head, and the head of the others, but figured I would post this in the hope WG will at least look into it. Sitting there and waiting and waiting and waiting for your ship to get from spot A to B on the map, and trying to WASD with a drunk sea turtle,  gets so annoying.

Hopefully this is a bug and can be fixed.

Thank you for your time and for looking into it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles

I noticed this yesterday playing Scharnhorst in random.  Thought it might just be in my mind....dunno. Maybe just a one time thing.  She seemed to be moving so slooooow and it was noticeable.  Played her in co-op also but saw no problem.  May play tonight and see if this is still an issue. FPS was fine and there was no problem with that. 

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles

It almost seems like you are asking Support, and I would assume they read the Forum titled "Support."  As a side not, I hope you also submitted a ticket about this so that they have to officially respond to it.

Sign in to follow this