You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kuwekuwatsu

Steel the resource for the select few HOW UNFAIR

65 comments in this topic

[T_G_C]
Members
16 posts
816 battles

what a load of crap, can only get steel from ranked battles, clan battles and supercontainers,  gj wargamming you just alienated the rest of the community that just play random battles,  which means almost 50% of the arsenal is of no use to me and the people like me, alienating people is a good way to lose players , this just shows the lack of respect for the player base of this game as usual, did you not think at all there are people that just play random battles, why is that option still here to choose then, it serves no purpose with this resource system you just implemented in this most recent patch today july 25, 2018, whoppee i get coal , take a look in the arsenal, that means being a random player all those ships that need steel i will not get never mind ever get, and any other item that needs  steel i will not get or ever be able to get , so why should i now consider using any real life coin to purchase anything for this game,  just another reason to play something else , i have a clan just for the purpose of having one , its not active and dont want  it to be , so thank you for bringing in this system that alienates people and like i said just shows me that this company wargamming just doesnt give a crap.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 26
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
3 minutes ago, Kuwekuwatsu said:

what a load of crap, can only get steel from ranked battles, clan battles and supercontainers,  gj wargamming you just alienated the rest of the community that just play random battles,  which means almost 50% of the arsenal is of no use to me and the people like me, alienating people is a good way to lose players , this just shows the lack of respect for the player base of this game as usual, did you not think at all there are people that just play random battles, why is that option still here to choose then, it serves no purpose with this resource system you just implemented in this most recent patch today july 25, 2018, whoppee i get coal , take a look in the arsenal, that means being a random player all those ships that need steel i will not get never mind ever get, and any other item that needs  steel i will not get or ever be able to get , so why should i now consider using any real life coin to purchase anything for this game,  just another reason to play something else , i have a clan just for the purpose of having one , its not active and dont want  it to be , so thank you for bringing in this system that alienates people and like i said just shows me that this company wargamming just doesnt give a crap.

Considering that you used to have to get to Rank 1 or to the Typhoon league in Clan Battles, this is better in that you don't have to get all the way to the top now.

onecCtC.jpg

U2MUBtW.jpg

• Cool 3

[-BSS-]
Members
395 posts
6,309 battles

What extra things should people get who choose to experience clan battles and ranked OP?, nothing ?

Edited by Visidious

[FAITH]
Members
200 posts
3,951 battles

The only way to get flint, black and Stalingrad was to play ranked or clan battles anyways, nothing has changed. Wargaming wants to implement rewards for playing game modes that people that they wanna sell, what a surprise. Either you just suck it up and join the walls of average players and clans playing competitive matches, or you’re not really the audience wargaming is attempting to reward

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Considering that you used to have to get to Rank 1 or to the Typhoon league in Clan Battles, this is better in that you don't have to get all the way to the top now.

Pretty much this, OP these ships are actually more accessible than before. So why you so mad?

LdPS0Nm.gif

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

So there should be no incentive for performing well, either individually or as a group? :cap_hmm:

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,913 battles

Flint and Black were never available outside of getting ranked one several times in randoms, so it makes sense that they would require a resource pretty much only available by playing ranked or clan battles. At least now you don't have to get rank one to make any progress at all.

In addition, those two ships are the only things in the arsenal right now that require steel. NOTHING ELSE DOES. If that sounds like almost 50% of the arsenal to you, you may need more math lessons, or at least to dial back on the hysterics.

Besides, most games do lock some rewards behind higher difficulty levels. All the ones I can think of are aimed for more casual players. I don't have a problem with that, but in a game like this that rewards skill and system knowledge above most other things that would be super out of place.   

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
12 minutes ago, Kuwekuwatsu said:

You want the high level rewards, you better put in the effort. Why should Wargaming listen to ranting, tantrum-throwing ingrates who wave around the amount of money they've spent as if it gives them special access or privilege?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SAA]
Members
859 posts
27,324 battles

I busted and ground my azz off for the Flint and Black.  Now you can get it as a "Participation Trophy".

• Cool 2

[WDS]
Members
385 posts
7,066 battles
9 minutes ago, Kuwekuwatsu said:

Come on give WG a break I think its great . There's lot of stuff to get with coal ever body wants something for nothing stop complaining its free . Of course your never getting a Flint or Black they were almost impossible to get anyway . Please alienating the community I don't think so most of us will take the free stuff and be happy . Thanks wargaming I like it .

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles

Nothing changed, except, if you work at it, you can earn certain things faster now than one could before. You could only earn those ships and things through Ranked and CB's, anyway. Now, if one gets really lucky, one could get that steel from SC's, and never have to do anything that smacks of being difficult. Know what you're talking about before you go off on something.

Next, raging will avail you exactly nothing, and rightfully so. People who are self entitled, whine, and throw tantrums, especially in public deserve exactly what they get for that behavior.

Last, dear god, man, use a freaking period at some point before the very end of a massive text wall.

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
1 minute ago, Turbotush said:

I busted and ground my azz off for the Flint and Black.  Now you can get it as a "Participation Trophy".

It still takes quite a bit of participation. And the bonus camos are only available to those who ranked out. But yes, the OP is being a bit precious. I hardly consider myself "select few", and yet I managed to get to Rank 14 last season. I would have got steel for that under new rules. Not much, true, but I could save up here and there and eventually get a steel ship.

[T_G_C]
Members
16 posts
816 battles

just as i thought i make a honest post and the rats and the pinheads come out of the woodwork, as usual .

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 9

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,427 battles

I mean, you were never going to get the Black, Flint, or Stalingrad before by playing only randoms so this doesn't change anything.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
7 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

JfsTEIu.png

Just proving anyone could get steel.

Lucky dog, congrats.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It still takes quite a bit of participation. And the bonus camos are only available to those who ranked out. But yes, the OP is being a bit precious. I hardly consider myself "select few", and yet I managed to get to Rank 14 last season. I would have got steel for that under new rules. Not much, true, but I could save up here and there and eventually get a steel ship.

Per the picture on WIP ranked that I posted above, you would have received 1,600  650 steel for Rank 14.

Edit: @Ensign_Cthulhu pointed out my original error.

26 minutes ago, Kuwekuwatsu said:

just as i thought i make a honest post and the rats and the pinheads come out of the woodwork, as usual .

Please. Are you trying to tell us that the new steel and the ability to get it WITHOUT having to get to the TOP of Clan Battles and Ranked is the same as it was in the past? Really? It has become more fair. Not everything is handed out willy nilly. You still have to grind for tech tree ships, so why should steel ships be any different?

Edited by Kizarvexis

[5D5]
Members
2,289 posts
14,387 battles
18 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Pretty much this, OP these ships are actually more accessible than before. So why you so mad?

LdPS0Nm.gif

He's a super red potato with less than 1,000 battles that's why!!

[5D5]
Members
2,289 posts
14,387 battles
10 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

JfsTEIu.png

Just proving anyone could get steel.

Exactly this, I was lucky to get one recently too.

[BNKR]
Members
418 posts
2,506 battles

Here -- you forgot these. Use as needed. 

Anyhoo, I might not be good at maths, but three boats does not equal 50% of the Arsenal. They at least can be obtained without needing to rank out a bunch of times, so it's actually an improvement. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[-BMV-]
Members
205 posts
13,619 battles

Dear Op:

I understand your frustration but, at least, steel can be earned through containers and ranked, in small quantities but at least you can earn something, its not difficult and not reserved for a select few. No, what is going to be unfair is the other new currencies, the one you earned by achieving the higher leagues in CW, Now that's kinda (yeah i said kinda) elitist, because the requirements are too high

[ENDVR]
Members
424 posts
5,341 battles

This is like getting a 10% off coupon for buying a building.  You couldn’t afford it before and you can’t now... so, you’re pissed because you still can’t buy the building...

I don’t get it.  

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
25 minutes ago, Visidious said:

What extra things should people get who choose to experience clan battles and ranked OP?, nothing ?

The satisfaction of being good at competitive modes? You know, like what they got out of the community organized tournaments in the past? But that's not what it's about. The OP is right. It's about elitism.

• Bad 4

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,432 posts
9,572 battles
33 minutes ago, Kuwekuwatsu said:

The Rewards you can use steel on where only from Ranked anyway so.....This has not changed anything. If anything it has made getting these ship easier. You no longer have to Rank out multiple seasons to get them. 

WG has made this more accessible to the average player not less.

Cheers

• Cool 1