You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

Positioning and T10

9 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
3,610 battles

One thing that kills people at high tiers is positioning.  I have searched youtube and the interwebs and have yet to find any videos that explains the high tier maps, and gives pointers on proper positioning and strats for these maps.

I struggle at t10 and I feel like it’s mostly due to positioning. If you position wrong it impacts everything at T10 from your damage totals to the match itself.  This is why I believe a lot of average players can’t carry at high level because they don’t know how to position themselves to carry. At lower tiers you can carry based on dodging/aiming skill alone but not at high levels.

Does anyone have any guides for the maps themselves? Seeing that most of the maps at the high levels are different then the lower levels you can’t really learn positioning on these maps by playing more and more lower tier play.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Somebody has the answer to this.

I asked Sheldon he answered it this way

APfFTyu.gif

Members
855 posts
3,610 battles

I got the Zao today and my first match was not the best. I manage to get a kill and we won, but my performance was less then steller because I got torped early...... It was on shatter map and I started near the C Cap. We had 2 BBs and a cruiser head around C to engage the enemy team that will be camping C. You can always expect a radar cruiser and a DD behind the mountain in the C cap on that map. 

From my previous experience I feel like whoever controls the B cap on that map wins the match. So I tag along with the moskva and go toward an opening aiming at the B cap.  The moskva radars and I manage to kill a DD in there and we had a cruiser running for his life, once the radar was down, however; I got ghost torped by shimas. I should of had hydro but forgot to swap out the AA for it, my mistake, but torps on B is always an issue with that map....

I struggle on this map because I can get a feel as to when I should try to push the B cap. Push to early and you get torped, push to late and once the enemy controls it and you get rekted.....

Its an annoying map to me.....

I feel like my major issue at T10 is decision making. If I play passive its not long before people on my team are blown up and I end up on a landslide toward defeat. I may end up with good damage numbers and a loss. I I play digressive and try to get kills quickly I may succeed but I end up with crap damage numbers as I end up dead as well. 

I get so annoyed with t10 because I can't seem to figure out how to impact the game. 

[THROW]
Members
200 posts
3,951 battles

Experience, you’ll develop a feel for it based upon your abilities, namely your aim when it matters, and the type of ship your playing. the combination of aiming ability and the feel for postitioning basically makes up the entirety of skill

• Cool 1

Members
194 posts
15,861 battles

The simple rule that applies from T1 all the way to T10:

Unless the engagement will be certain to end in your favor, never engage ships within your minimum surface detection range.

Being able to disengage by going dark is absolutely critical in any fight.

• Cool 1

[RUST]
Beta Testers
954 posts
10,442 battles
59 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Does anyone have any guides for the maps themselves? Seeing that most of the maps at the high levels are different then the lower levels you can’t really learn positioning on these maps by playing more and more lower tier play.

This is an ill posed approach to what you want to achieve because map positioning depends on your ship type, how your team is deployed, and what you know about where the enemy teams are. For example camping a radar cruiser behind the island on C cap on shatter is a common deployment and deploying to support that may be a smart move in general; but if your mini map tells you that the entire enemy team is making an A push, that position suddenly much less valuable.

My only advice is, deploy in a manner that best counter what your enemy is doing because at the end of the day, your positioning is merely a means to an end, and the end is to either sink all of your opponent's ships or secure enough points to win.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
26 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

The simple rule that applies from T1 all the way to T10:

Unless the engagement will be certain to end in your favor, never engage ships within your minimum surface detection range.

Being able to disengage by going dark is absolutely critical in any fight.

Its also why concealment expert and the concealment modules are highly recommended. I didn't beleive it till I started watching videos explaining why its recommended on T10 bb and cruisers.