You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

31 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,618 posts

I played a PT Boat game long ago. It was ancient but still a lot of fun. You'd hunt the Tokyo Express (mostly) at night time.

Will WOWS ever introduce PT Boats?

:Smile_child:

• Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,043 posts

They said nothing smaller than a destroyer so no frigates. As motor torpedo boats are smaller than frigates I wouldn't hold your breath until you see a frigate in the game.

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,785 battles

Seeing them in a normal battle scenario would more than likely never really be a thing but...

Perhaps some special scenario or event much like the Halloween or Dunkirk missions that could allow you to pilot smaller ships to go up against a much larger target could be fun. Maybe a boss battle of sorts?

Well that's just how I've always thought about it.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,363 posts
4,293 battles

OP, go put a burning Izumo sideways where the sun don't shine. :Smile_teethhappy:

Not now, not ever, except in a Dunkirk-like operation as bot opposition.

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,057 battles
7 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I played a PT Boat game long ago. It was ancient but still a lot of fun. You'd hunt the Tokyo Express (mostly) at night time.

I would say not likely. Saw your Avatar on a review for The Golf Club 2 in steam the other day. I take it you are TheGreatDrive'o too then? Was that you? Different name but same Avatar.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,904 posts
10,291 battles

Operation Dyanmo had them, the Schnellboot

RNySeOG.thumb.jpg.68469bff372ca31e27dc7040df62b229.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
140 posts
13,023 battles

Back in my day, we had cardboard counters on the kitchen table and a pair of dice.

You youngsters don't know how good you've got it!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,080 posts
6,821 battles
17 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

you mean like torp boats? pretty sure the T2 German DD is as close as you'll get, its the smallest playable ship in the game iirc

[LOU1]
Members
3,063 posts
8,155 battles

You do remember the German PT boats from Operation Dynamo?  Two-hit wonders.  At scale, they would be half the size of our DDs and have maybe 2k to 3k health.  What would you contribute to the team driving one of those?  You can do a search and read the challenges in the numerous other threads on this.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[TDRB]
Members
1,119 posts
4,244 battles
14 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Let's hope never. WG has a difficult enough time balancing the in game ships now.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,267 battles

I have actually driven a PT boat before, I can say with certainty that WOWS has siad Not happening before. We will only see them as targets like the S boat or MAS boats above.

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,945 battles
32 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Did you play the Dunkirk scenario? In it you essentially got to battle the German equivalent of PT boats.

Beta Testers
537 posts
2,035 battles
45 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

How ancient are we talkin here?

As a PT bote enthusiast, I don't think the will (or should) add any new classes to the game. Small boats wouldn't really work at the scale here. They're coming to that other WWIIish vehicular shooter though, so...

PT109.png

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,435 battles

WG stated there would be no playable PT boats; the smallest would be Destroyers. PT boats as AI enemies however, is a different story, which they said they would do, and have done for the Dunkirk op.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,433 posts
9,577 battles

I doubt it, but I hope they will.

[BROOK]
Members
1,618 posts
18 minutes ago, Shatara422 said:

How ancient are we talkin here?

As a PT bote enthusiast, I don't think the will (or should) add any new classes to the game. Small boats wouldn't really work at the scale here. They're coming to that other WWIIish vehicular shooter though, so...

PT109.png

OMG!!!! That's it! That's it!

[BROOK]
Members
1,618 posts
53 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Back in my day, we had cardboard counters on the kitchen table and a pair of dice.

You youngsters don't know how good you've got it!

And we had to trudge five miles uphill through snow to get to school. Both ways.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
58 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

You do remember the German PT boats from Operation Dynamo?  Two-hit wonders.  At scale, they would be half the size of our DDs and have maybe 2k to 3k health.  What would you contribute to the team driving one of those?  You can do a search and read the challenges in the numerous other threads on this.

Devil's advocate; you could probably do quite a lot with them if detection was also halved...3km or less?  Make them undetectable by radar outside 6km, WG is pretty good at creating its own reality. And of course unlimited torpedo ammo as on DDs would be right in there with the arcade action!