You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Which ship to get?

10 comments in this topic

Members
231 posts
4,623 battles

I currently have the Kurfurst and the Yamato. I also have the Alsace as my on tier 9 BB. My question is I have enough credits and xp to get either the Iowa, Montana or the Republique so which would you think I should get? Iowa is attractive since I only have one Tier 9 BB. The Montana and the Republique seem to have equal parts of people who love them and think they are just meh. What is your recommendation I would like to get as many opinions as possible. TIA.

Beta Testers
1,049 posts
13,833 battles

Republique is the fastest tier 10 BB, has the longest secondary range-12.1km, 430mm guns that reload at just over 21 sec (with AR I've seen it as low as 16  sec) and a heal that rivals Conq. I own all the other boats you mention and currently Rep is my go to tier 10. Gotta mention though, that Iowa still suffers from massive cit hits if broadside. Monty is a good ship, with 12 - 406mm guns she brings alot of firepower to the match.

On a side note...when you use a secondary build for rep it also enhances her AA....she swats planes like a boss!

Anyway, my 2 cents.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,241 battles
5 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Republique is the fastest tier 10 BB, has the longest secondary range-12.1km, 430mm guns that reload at just over 21 sec (with AR I've seen it as low as 16  sec) and a heal that rivals Conq. I own all the other boats you mention and currently Rep is my go to tier 10. Gotta mention though, that Iowa still suffers from massive cit hits if broadside. Monty is a good ship, with 12 - 406mm guns she brings alot of firepower to the match.

On a side note...when you use a secondary build for rep it also enhances her AA....she swats planes like a boss!

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Agreed although I am not playing  this line yet, when I meet this beast in battle in my Montana its a challenge.

[-TC]
[-TC]
Members
303 posts
1,735 battles

I own all the T10 Battleships.

My preference is the Republique by far. She's just evil in the right hands.

Montana is good too. Monty and Republique are my top 2 t10s.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,750 battles
28 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I currently have the Kurfurst and the Yamato. I also have the Alsace as my on tier 9 BB. My question is I have enough credits and xp to get either the Iowa, Montana or the Republique so which would you think I should get? Iowa is attractive since I only have one Tier 9 BB. The Montana and the Republique seem to have equal parts of people who love them and think they are just meh. What is your recommendation I would like to get as many opinions as possible. TIA.

Republique. Secondary guns and AA are great, plus those main guns are so sweet.

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
418 posts

I would recommend the Montana. I tried the Republique and its fire power wasn't that powerful. I think it all depends on play style.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles

I love both the Montana and Republique, my favorite 2 T10 battleships by far.  It's really a toss-up on which to go after first, a lot of people go from the Alsace to the Republique and hate it because they want it to be the same thing and it just isn't.  Its guns are accurate, reload fast and hit like a truck, it just doesn't have a lot of them and they're placed awkwardly.  It's much better at longer ranges than Montana is.  Montana is good at pretty much everything, but sometimes I find myself missing the punch of the Republique guns.  Where Montana is far and away better than the Republique is at actually soaking up damage, and having a 12 gun broadside really comes in handy sometimes when you're probably not going to be able to get another salvo off on a particular target.  I would say between the two, you're either going to love or hate the Republique, so the Montana is a safer bet to get first.

Edited by Deviathan

[FAITH]
Members
196 posts
3,947 battles

dont skip to montanna , use the exp to skip Iowa stock hull. But in general, Montana exists for blapping broadsides, if your aim is consistently good, go for that. Repub is kinda similar to Kurfürst since French B.B. dispersion sucks and you live off spray and pray. I would honestly suggest getting a cruiser or some other ship type for some variety, but that’s just me

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
234 posts
7,416 battles

You really can't go wrong with any of those choices, the high tier USN BBs are stealthy blap machines. If you're good at using stealth and positioning they are very, very dangerous especially if you get close and ride that detection line.

Overall I would rate the Repub as the better ship, and if you like secondary builds certainly more fun. Those things are nasty to deal with.