Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Coupons

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles

So I just read the news post on the front page, it talks about the coupons and how we are getting new ones. Does this mean the ones we didnt use are being replaced or are they just adding some to our inventory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
188
[INTEL]
Members
665 posts
7,614 battles

Please note that their quantity is always limited and they cannot be "stockpiled". For example, if you had two coupons with a 50% discount for the Signals category and you spent one, in Update 0.7.7, when you get new ones, you will still have two coupons, not three.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles

Yes, thats if you spent one. What happens if you dont spend any, do you end up with three or just the new ones. I did also state that I did read the post on the front page, copying and pasting the exact quote from that page is less than helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,391
[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts
1 minute ago, Raigoth said:

Yes, thats if you spent one. What happens if you dont spend any, do you end up with three or just the new ones. I did also state that I did read the post on the front page, copying and pasting the exact quote from that page is less than helpful.

 

The quoted portion answers that for you, you can only have up to the max number. As in the example of the signals category you can only have up to 2 coupons at any given time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
188
[INTEL]
Members
665 posts
7,614 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

 

The quoted portion answers that for you, you can only have up to the max number. As in the example of the signals category you can only have up to 2 coupons at any given time.

Yep.  If you used zero coupons, you already have the max.  You don't get more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,420
[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,588 battles
3 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Yep.  If you used zero coupons, you already have the max.  You don't get more.

:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles
5 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Yep.  If you used zero coupons, you already have the max.  You don't get more.

But are they replaced with the new ones that they give out, or does nothing happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,391
[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts
4 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

But are they replaced with the new ones that they give out, or does nothing happen?

Does it matter? It would be a distinction without a difference either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles
On 7/25/2018 at 2:34 PM, RipNuN2 said:

Does it matter? It would be a distinction without a difference either way.

It does matter. I hadnt spent any coupons yet so I wanted to know if they were replaced or added onto or none of the above. Seriously, if you cant answer the question, do not comment.

If I have two 25% coupons and that is the limit, and then they add in a 50% for some reason, does one of those 25's get replaced, or do I have to spend it to get the new one they are adding in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,041 posts
3,580 battles
14 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

It does matter. I hadnt spent any coupons yet so I wanted to know if they were replaced or added onto or none of the above. Seriously, if you cant answer the question, do not comment.

If I have two 25% coupons and that is the limit, and then they add in a 50% for some reason, does one of those 25's get replaced, or do I have to spend it to get the new one they are adding in.

If you haven't used the 50% signal flag coupons, and they are replaced, they would be replaced with 50% signal coupons... so does it really matter whether they are replaced or not, if they are going to be the same thing regardless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles
Just now, Counter_Gambit said:

If you haven't used the 50% signal flag coupons, and they are replaced, they would be replaced with 50% signal coupons... so does it really matter whether they are replaced or not, if they are going to be the same thing regardless?

Thats not what I asked. Let me make this simpler.

Hypothetical:

I have two 25% coupons. 

The limit I can own is 2, so im at the max.

Wargaming announces they are giving out a NEW 50% coupon.

Do one of the 25's get replaced when that 50 is given out

or

Does nothing happen to one of the 25's and I miss my chance at the 50%

If nothing happens, then I obviously need to spend one of those on something so I can get the 50% coupon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,391
[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts
27 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

It does matter. I hadnt spent any coupons yet so I wanted to know if they were replaced or added onto or none of the above. Seriously, if you cant answer the question, do not comment.

If I have two 25% coupons and that is the limit, and then they add in a 50% for some reason, does one of those 25's get replaced, or do I have to spend it to get the new one they are adding in.

 

You are really stretching for scenarios here. I would imagine if WG does change the coupons to be a larger discount, we will all get the new coupon. With the current mechanics there is no meaningful difference between the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[-WPG-]
Members
824 posts
3,401 battles

Have you looked at the coupons section of the arsenal?  The coupons are category-specific.  They aren't generic coupons like some people get for the premium shop. They are not in your inventory per se. Everything is 25% off except for a second signals coupon that is 50% off. That is the structure of arsenal coupons and why people are saying replacing/new coupons is the same difference either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,041 posts
3,580 battles
17 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Thats not what I asked. Let me make this simpler.

Hypothetical:

I have two 25% coupons.

The limit I can own is 2, so im at the max.

Wargaming announces they are giving out a NEW 50% coupon.

Do one of the 25's get replaced when that 50 is given out

or

Does nothing happen to one of the 25's and I miss my chance at the 50%

If nothing happens, then I obviously need to spend one of those on something so I can get the 50% coupon.

You have 2 25% coupons, AND 2 50% coupons for signals.

25% coupons will replace the 25% coupons, and the 50% coupons will replace the 50% coupons. So does it really matter if it gets replaced or not, since it'll be replaced with the same type of coupon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,249
[WOLF3]
Members
6,494 posts
2,439 battles
On 7/25/2018 at 2:17 PM, Raigoth said:

Yes, thats if you spent one. What happens if you dont spend any, do you end up with three or just the new ones. I did also state that I did read the post on the front page, copying and pasting the exact quote from that page is less than helpful.

You don't listen, on two levels.

1) WHAT post on the News page??  There are about 400.

2) If it's the 0.7.7 Update article, it clearly states that you DO NOT get new ones, just a refresh of any you've already used of the specified types.

 

But that's already occurred, anyway.  So don't worry about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles
9 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You have 2 25% coupons, AND 2 50% coupons for signals.

25% coupons will replace the 25% coupons, and the 50% coupons will replace the 50% coupons. So does it really matter if it gets replaced or not, since it'll be replaced with the same type of coupon?

I am not talking about for separate categories. 

Lets get more detailed.

Category: Ships

I have 1 25% coupon. Wargaming announces the release of a 50% coupon. 

What happens to the coupon? 

Does the 25% get replaced by the new 50%?

Does nothing happen and I lose my chance at the 50%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You don't listen, on two levels.

1) WHAT post on the News page??  There are about 400.

2) If it's the 0.7.7 Update article, it clearly states that you DO NOT get new ones, just a refresh of any you've already used of the specified types.

 

But that's already occurred, anyway.  So don't worry about it.

 

I know, it is a question for the future releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
628
[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
24 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Thats not what I asked. Let me make this simpler.

Hypothetical:

I have two 25% coupons. 

The limit I can own is 2, so im at the max.

Wargaming announces they are giving out a NEW 50% coupon.

Do one of the 25's get replaced when that 50 is given out

or

Does nothing happen to one of the 25's and I miss my chance at the 50%

If nothing happens, then I obviously need to spend one of those on something so I can get the 50% coupon.

I have two 25% coupons for signals and two 50% coupons. They are different coupons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,041 posts
3,580 battles

Breakdown of coupons for the arsenal:

1 - 25% off Collection container
2 - 25% off Camouflage
2 - 25% off Signals
2 - 50% off signals
1 - 25% off Ship

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles

Guys. I have read the news post. I know the breakdown of the coupons. My question is if they release a 50% coupon for something OTHER than what its a part of right now. Say for Christmas or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I have two 25% coupons for signals and two 50% coupons. They are different coupons. 

Read further down, ive detailed the question further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,249
[WOLF3]
Members
6,494 posts
2,439 battles
5 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

I know, it is a question for the future releases.

Well, then.  A hypothetical that the News article doesn't address. 

Only one way to answer it:  "If WG chooses to do something different, then something different will be done."

 

Personally, I'd like to see a 50% off camo coupon.  Those Frost Fir Trees are ugly but so tasty.

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
628
[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
1 minute ago, Raigoth said:

Read further down, ive detailed the question further.

You just want to argue. It would be a different coupon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
267 posts
1,446 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

You just want to argue. It would be a different coupon

Uh...no, I dont want to argue, I want an answer to the question. No one has answered it yet because they are assuming im talking about something else. Or thats what it feels like anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×