You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dEsTurbed1

Why keep the Khabba?

29 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,762 battles

With the new upgraded guns, low detectability and 3 torpedo launchers 8km range...

Why keep the Khabba?

My 2nd game resulted in a dev strike, 2 kills and 122k damage....

14 point captain.....

So tell me, why should a potato like me keep the Khabba?

• Cool 1

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

Yeah Tash torps are better than Khaba torps in every stat, but especially in fast reload and range (Khab torps strictly for self defense vs ambush or endgame YOLO DD cap rush at this point just like Molotov torps; Tashkent torps can actually get kills every now and then and can harass cappers early game) and now Tash gets Khab turrets but more range, (but less guns). Khaba still has that armour going for it but Tash is more agile and stealthy. Khab almost seems like a sidegrade not an unpgrade now but I haven't unlocked it yet only on Tash so I'm interested to see what Khaba veterans think.

The biggest selling point for Khaba seems to be that you can buy premium camo on it that is actually worth buying if you've got 5k doubloons sitting around.

I hope they buff Khab but WG might just decide to nerf the Tash next update. I'm leveling the Tash and the new turret rotation is so amazing.

Edited by Silisquish
  • Bad 1

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,410 battles

At this point, the only thing Khab does better than Trashcan is having armor and 1 more turret. 

The armor goes a long way for survivability. If you want something that's been nerfed to death and has way less range but more tanking ability, keep the Khab. If you want a long range spam bote, keep the trashcan

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,762 battles

In 10 minutes, I kept 4 and, 1 cruiser and a trashcan off of cap.

Got a dev strike. Launched torps 3 times...

And capped.

I cannot do half as much in my Khabba. But then again, I cannot play the Khabba as well as most players. 

I ended up taking concealment and smoke for my Khabba.

The lack of guns compared to Khabba doesn't seem to make a difference.  171 shell hits and 6 fires.

Besides the torp hits for a dev strike on a tier 8 BB, I did a total of 121k damage.

My first WHITHERER was in a trashcan... she seems to be the best Russian destroyer for my playstyle. 

Now to try Grozovoi...JUST unlocked him. 

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,094 battles

That khab armor is great until a Montana shotgun blast wrecks you for 50% health from 15km away. 

Edited by mrieder79
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Cause T10 Russian "CL". as the only other is a CA and the 3rd is clearly a DD?

As a Cruiser player, I look forward to eventually getting Khabarovsk. She may be considered clumsy for DD mains; but from the Cruiser players, I hear she's a wet dream of super maneuverability..

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
2,540 battles

Yeaaaaah I'm wondering if it's even worth moving up to Khab, now that Tashkent gets the same guns. Khab gives up a LOT for that 4th turret.

--Helms

[KRAK]
Members
1,262 posts
13,675 battles
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, Ivlerlin said:

Cause T10 Russian "CL". as the only other is a CA and the 3rd is clearly a DD?

As a Cruiser player, I look forward to eventually getting Khabarovsk. She may be considered clumsy for DD mains; but from the Cruiser players, I hear she's a wet dream of super maneuverability..

The Khab handles like a Elephant on stilts even with both rudder mods and its short range guns make it a challenge.

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,139 battles

Khab may be a shadow of its former self, but is still a blast to play.  I'm closing in on 500 games in mine and its still fun, every match.   I don't think it has quite the fear factor it once had, but with proper skill, 100k+ games and Witherers are still on the menu.

B

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,094 battles

...drunken elephant on stilts.

For reference:

Khab rudder shift 11.1

des moines 8.6

hindenburg: 12.1

zao: 7.7

Henri IV: 11.8

minotaur: 10.4

Only the hindi and Henri IV have worse rudder shifts and that is by less than 1 second. 

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,139 battles
4 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

...drunken elephant on stilts.

For reference:

Khab rudder shift 11.1

des moines 8.6

hindenburg: 12.1

zao: 7.7

Henri IV: 11.8

minotaur: 10.4

Only the hindi and Henri IV have worse rudder shifts and that is by less than 1 second. 

Sure, if you play it stock.  But that would be foolish.  With Steering Gear mods 2 and 3, its 5.3s.  You should know with almost 500 games in it...

B

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles
31 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Sure, if you play it stock.  But that would be foolish.  With Steering Gear mods 2 and 3, its 5.3s.  You should know with almost 500 games in it...

B

I think his whole point is that the game forces you to get those... and yet it still has a worse rudder than Tashkent with only steering gear mod 2 mounted (4.8s vs 5.3s). Also isn't Khaba's legendary mod taking up the steering gears 3 slot? So the ship's own legendary is basically unusable.

Edited by Silisquish

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,139 battles
8 hours ago, Silisquish said:

I think his whole point is that the game forces you to get those... and yet it still has a worse rudder than Tashkent with only steering gear mod 2 mounted (4.8s vs 5.3s). Also isn't Khaba's legendary mod taking up the steering gears 3 slot? So the ship's own legendary is basically unusable.

:Smile_amazed: Thanks mate... I missed that... lack of sleep I suppose.  Its a good point..

B

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

Maybe all they need to do to make the Khaba once again feel like an upgrade to the Tashkent is give it the Tash's upgraded torps. It would make sense since the Tash got Khaba's guns.

Tash torps reload much faster, travel faster and have 8km range but do less damage. Tash has 3x3 torps fired with a small gap in every salvo spread where a missing 4th ghost torp should be; Khaba has 2x5 torps, gaining one torp losing one launcher. 

Maybe upgrading torps is a bad idea because they tend to get destroyed; maybe instead they give Khaba both smoke and heal that would be awesome but WG would probably never do this - I might as well ask for a spotter aircraft while I'm at it.

[EDIT: actually torp upgrade is probably bad idea since that's how the Grozo is supposed to be played it would be like a Grozo nerf; they should just reduce rudder shift time by 40% instead so we can ditch steering gears 3 and equip legendary khaba module without making the ship incapable of dodging shells]

Edited by Silisquish

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,410 battles
On 7/25/2018 at 5:17 PM, mrieder79 said:

That khab armor is great until a Montana shotgun blast wrecks you for 50% health from 15km away. 

Alternately, it's great watching the same salvo bounce. 

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,094 battles
1 hour ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Alternately, it's great watching the same salvo bounce. 

Yeah, but if a monty's bouncing shells on your armor band, good chance one or two is penning somewhere else. Montys wreck me more than any other BB.

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,094 battles
2 hours ago, Silisquish said:

Maybe all they need to do to make the Khaba once again feel like an upgrade to the Tashkent is give it the Tash's upgraded torps. It would make sense since the Tash got Khaba's guns.

Tash torps reload much faster, travel faster and have 8km range but do less damage. Tash has 3x3 torps fired with a small gap in every salvo spread where a missing 4th ghost torp should be; Khaba has 2x5 torps, gaining one torp losing one launcher. 

Maybe upgrading torps is a bad idea because they tend to get destroyed; maybe instead they give Khaba both smoke and heal that would be awesome but WG would probably never do this - I might as well ask for a spotter aircraft while I'm at it.

[EDIT: actually torp upgrade is probably bad idea since that's how the Grozo is supposed to be played it would be like a Grozo nerf; they should just reduce rudder shift time by 40% instead so we can ditch steering gears 3 and equip legendary khaba module without making the ship incapable of dodging shells]

Oh my god. Smoke and heal would be ridiculous. I'd love it, but it'd be ridiculous. A rudder buff would be nice, but that prob. wont happen either. Id just like to see about a .8 to 1km range buff so it doesnt feel so silly losing all that range when you go to tier X, and so you can use your only meaningful weapon a little more effectively. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,262 posts
13,675 battles
1 minute ago, mrieder79 said:

Oh my god. Smoke and heal would be ridiculous. I'd love it, but it'd be ridiculous. A rudder buff would be nice, but that prob. wont happen either. Id just like to see about a .8 to 1km range buff so it doesnt feel so silly losing all that range when you go to tier X, and so you can use your only meaningful weapon a little more effectively. 

Khab definitely needs the range of it's guns restored to pre nerf.

• Cool 2

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,094 battles

THIS guy gets it!  

Yeah. That would be great. I think the rudder nerf is what clenches it. That makes it possible to hit khab from very far out. Who knows. Maybe it will happen.

2etz6s.jpg

Edited by mrieder79

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

At the very least why don't they put the legendary upgrade module in the 3 million $ 6th slot so we can choose between it (fast reload and range) and the purely faster reload module.

[ASHIP]
Members
46 posts
9,394 battles

I got the legendary module mounted up, the turn is noticeably worse on the ship. Range is up to 14.6 and 3.7 on the reload avg damage up about 10 - 12k but feeling less effective now instead of fighting at 11 km im out at 13km which means more shatters and useless shots and less accuracy so cant decide if I like it. The ship is a blast to drive around at 46kts and get fired out. I've had a 3.5 million pot game that I lived. I like the ship but she feels weak with range and all the shatters at 11+. Shatters on cruisers just sucks but if he turns broadside I will take the ap pens and rip off 4k-5k salvos easily.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,111 posts
14,503 battles

Khab armor is still her trump card advantage that Tashkent doesn't have.

I have taken my Des Moines and hammer a Khabarovsk at <6km with HE and get lots of Non-Pens.  Any other DD they'd die a quick, horrible death to DM's gunfire.  Not Khab.

If anything, I say the recent change has made IX Udaloi completely obsolete.  The one real difference, advantage Udaloi had compared to Tashkent was having Khabarovsk guns.  This was needed because the torps had a stupidly long CD.  The old difference was Tashkent had worse guns (floatier shells) but faster reloading torps, and Repair Party access.  Now Tashkent is straight up better than Udaloi.

Tashkent can opt for Smoke or Repair Party, Udaloi can't.  She only has Defensive Fire that is unique to her.

Tashkent now has the same Khabarovsk guns as Udaloi.

Tashkent has faster reloading torps than Udaloi.

Both ships have practically the same poor concealment even with Stealth Build.

There really is no reason for Udaloi to exist now.  WG did not think this through.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,094 battles
7 hours ago, Treeodeth said:

I got the legendary module mounted up, the turn is noticeably worse on the ship. Range is up to 14.6 and 3.7 on the reload avg damage up about 10 - 12k but feeling less effective now instead of fighting at 11 km im out at 13km which means more shatters and useless shots and less accuracy so cant decide if I like it. The ship is a blast to drive around at 46kts and get fired out. I've had a 3.5 million pot game that I lived. I like the ship but she feels weak with range and all the shatters at 11+. Shatters on cruisers just sucks but if he turns broadside I will take the ap pens and rip off 4k-5k salvos easily.

Are you running smoke khab or Heal/open water gunboating?

I've played around with builds and the full gunboat build with fast reload like you describe seems tempting. I'd picture running smoke, using speed to get in a good position, then fire away until you have to move. Is that how you are doing it, or is it the same old khab tricks?