Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
buzz_bomb

Are resource containers or signal containers better for signals?

6 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
60 posts
4,533 battles

When I open containers my primary objective is to get the signals that I want. There are 3 combat signals of primary importance and 5-6 combat signals of secondary  importance to me. The others are just icing on the cake.

I am not really interested in any of the signal flags that could come from the resource containers. I'm just wondering if someone has worked out in a situation like mine will I be better off opening resource boxes or signal/consumable ones? With it costing I figure an average of about 7,000 coal for 20 of the signals I want and the odds are that I will be getting about 664 coal for each resource container. At about 7,000 average for the signals I want it will take about 10-11 containers to get 20 signals of the exact type I want. Doing this means that I miss out on between 80-88 signals from 17 different signals I could earn.

I'm not sure but it also seems like I can't get any keys from resource containers or camo. Am I missing something here but it seems like the signal containers are still my best bet.    

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

Gonna really go out on a limb here and say, Signals will get you more signals and Resources will get you coal.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Gonna really go out on a limb here and say, Signals will get you more signals and Resources will get you coal.

I have to agree ... Call me a branch Manager.

• Funny 2

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,039 battles
14 minutes ago, buzz_bomb said:

When I open containers my primary objective is to get the signals that I want. There are 3 combat signals of primary importance and 5-6 combat signals of secondary  importance to me. The others are just icing on the cake.

I am not really interested in any of the signal flags that could come from the resource containers. I'm just wondering if someone has worked out in a situation like mine will I be better off opening resource boxes or signal/consumable ones? With it costing I figure an average of about 7,000 coal for 20 of the signals I want and the odds are that I will be getting about 664 coal for each resource container. At about 7,000 average for the signals I want it will take about 10-11 containers to get 20 signals of the exact type I want. Doing this means that I miss out on between 80-88 signals from 17 different signals I could earn.

I'm not sure but it also seems like I can't get any keys from resource containers or camo. Am I missing something here but it seems like the signal containers are still my best bet.    

If you can get 3 containers a day, you can earn around 2000 coal per day or 14000 per week.  By your own estimate you end up with the same amount of signals that you want in that time.  The issue is that the signals that you want may not be in the arsenal, so signals would still be a better option overall.

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,396 battles

I use the signals containers to get all the signals I need.  Once I have a stockpile, I switch back over to consumable containers for my consumables.  The consumable containers also drop coal regularly and free XP in higher numbers.

[A_51]
Members
279 posts
13,092 battles

I chose a resource container as my first selection for the day and got a super container of 15,000 coal.  I think WG may be giving everyone this the first time to launch the new option.  I don't know this for a fact, but I think it is worth a try.  maybe others can post here regarding their first resource container.

Sign in to follow this