Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

Is there any interest in me releasing CA videos as I do for DDs?

20 comments in this topic

Members
1,738 posts
9,901 battles

Before investing time in adding commentary and explaining minute by minute what I am doing in a game and why as I do in my DD videos, I figured I ask to see if interest is there.

Let me know guys.

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

Always intersting to see good play and advice. :cap_like:

And Cruisers are so varied in designs and styles that seeing vids on them can be fun to watch.

[CVA16]
Members
2,299 posts
9,869 battles

Only for the cruisers I own or plan to own. Don't want others seeing how to better play their ships.:cap_haloween:

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,606 battles

Yes. Mino and Hindy especially. I'm only OK with both, and would prefer to get better.

[THOR]
Members
89 posts
3,354 battles

Even though DD is my first love I am taking a liking to cruisers. You do really good and needed dd videos CA would really be nice I would watch them and learn. It is great to see someone doing great things for the community instead of throwing salt out. Thanks

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

Absolutely - I especially enjoy your match analysis vids - though I understand that making them is much more time consuming than recording ambient chat.

Cruisers are in a somewhat close second to the number of DD matches I've played - and I enjoy them very much.

I have Hindy, DM and Henri - and currently working through Ibuki and Cleve (decided to let the US CA spam drop a bit before starting - ha ha!).

Seattle is next - I see you have "Wooster" - any thoughts on it (Seattle, that is)?

[WOLF6]
Members
63 posts
3,025 battles

I’d like to see some Seattle ones too if you have them. I just got the ship and it’s a bit of a learning curve coming off DDs. I’m trying to grind my way to the Worcester so it would help for both ships. 

Members
1,738 posts
9,901 battles

I have Mino and Hindenburg, I'll work some games into my schedule in the next few days.

@pepperct  I bought Seattle.  I just FXPed it going through the line initially to have it available for CUTER.  I only have an 8 point spare captain at the moment.  Another couple CB nights and I should be able to level that to 14 points which is the minimum I believe is required to play her.  I'll get some games in her when I get a chance.

Members
1,738 posts
9,901 battles

@Grflrgl

Here is a Hindenburg video for you.  CB cut into my free time in hte game last night.  Will get a Mino game in hopefully tonight.  I have Seattle at 12 points, should get the last two points tonight.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
63 posts
3,025 battles

I put my 19 point commander from my Cleveland in her and finally got the two upgrades. The gams have been going much better now. At least I’m surviving more.

Members
1,738 posts
9,901 battles
21 hours ago, pepperct said:

I put my 19 point commander from my Cleveland in her and finally got the two upgrades. The gams have been going much better now. At least I’m surviving more.

The US lights really need a minimum of a 14 point captain to play at a basic level of proficiency.  That is a punishing level IMO.  The issue again is IFHE.  No skill should effect your damage that much.  Its poor design.  The HE pen should be balanced for each individual ship to make sure players can play them without being crippled.  I consider playing without Concealment Expert or IFHE crippled in CLs.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,299 posts
9,869 battles
On 7/25/2018 at 10:05 AM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Before investing time in adding commentary and explaining minute by minute what I am doing in a game and why as I do in my DD videos, I figured I ask to see if interest is there.

Of course you may have to do the videos under an alias. Someone with "Destroyer" in their name may be looked on as having less cruiser credibility. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,738 posts
9,901 battles
6 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Of course you may have to do the videos under an alias. Someone with "Destroyer" in their name may be looked on as having less cruiser credibility. :Smile_teethhappy:

It was a running joke back in the KNTAI days where the streamers streaming our SL battles would pull their hair out since everything was usually mixed name to ship type they were in.

Those poor dudes trying to keep up with the name of the player to the ship the were playing.

[WOLF6]
Members
63 posts
3,025 battles

I finally got the Worcester so now I have to learn to play her the right way. If you have more of them that would be great. The next ship is going to be the Buffalo on the way to DeMoine but the Worcester is the main ship for a while. 

Members
1,738 posts
9,901 battles

Both are ranked games, so I am playing more cautious to preserve my HP.  The name of the game is maximizing your damage while maintaining a reasonable level of risk to your ship.  Understand that your radar is the lock that keeps the enemy out of that cap, and act accordingly.

Sign in to follow this