Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Khab - last 4 points

10 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,019 posts
8,259 battles

PT/EM/LS/SE/SI/AFT atm. Eventually he'll hit 18 and 19 and reached 3 and 4 spare points.

Divided between BFT/PM, DE/PM, and RPF. 11% chance of fire on 4.4sec reload is nasty on DDs, though generally I rely on AP if catch a BB broadside since the consistent pens are much better DPM than fires. Even quicker reload seems better. And then RPF seems useful if I go DD hunting, but problem is the stealth DD has to be alone for that to work, which rarely happens, and long-range duels w/ another DD are rarely productive in Khab.

Overall it seems BFT/PM is the best pick.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

CE?

I was in my Zao doing DD things (all DDs were dead) VS a Khabarovsk and being Max Conceal I was out spotting him for the team. 

I'd probably go with RDF for the options you've preselected though. Knowing the rough position where other DDs and other stronger Stealth Ships are. 

Either to ensure your own stealth bubble or counter-stealth plays. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,070 posts
17,737 battles

@Reymu

I went with PT, PM, AR, LS, SI, BFT, DE, and AFT.  I didn't go with EM because the Khab turrets turn quite quickly already and don't need the buff from EM.

Arguably, it could benefit from IFHE, but I'm no expert at what ships really do benefit from it and which one's don't.  

The Khab just doesn't get enough benefit from CE to make it worth taking.  And even if you went with a full concealment build, you'd still be getting outspotted by tier 10 DDs by more than 1.5km, and you still wouldn't be able to stealth torp.  And without steering mod 3, you'd have all the agility of a whale.

Basically, I think that the core skills are PM or PT, LS, SE, and AFT.  And then you fill in the other 9 points with some mix of AR, BFT, DE, SI, IFHE, and perhaps a 1 point skill if you have 1 point to spend.

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,344 battles

I've been running RDF on my Khaba ever since the last ranked season.  It was invaluable in ranked.  Pretty useful in randoms but in ranked it is fantastic.  

Useful for hunting stealthier DDs.  

[-K-]
Members
5,290 posts
9,108 battles

Here's what I run on Khab:

Capture.JPG

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
17,070 posts
17,737 battles
26 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Here's what I run on Khab:

Capture.JPG

Mine is similar to this, except I use BFT rather than SI.

[-K-]
Members
5,290 posts
9,108 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Mine is similar to this, except I use BFT rather than SI.

Yeah, you could go either way on that choice, as Khab isn't heavily dependent on consumables.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

Overall it seems BFT/PM is the best pick.

More damage potential; how could that possibly be a bad thing?

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,098 battles

Based on my experience in khab, DE/PM generates more damage than BFT/PM. It was a noticeable difference when I switched. Lighting enemy ships on fire also helps your team because enemy ships have to use their damage control more often which makes them very vulnerable to flooding. 

Members
26 posts
5,973 battles

I have to vote for DE because khab farms witherers.   The higher fire chance you have, the better.  As stated above, not only do fires add up damage, but they also trigger damage control parties which make enemy ships a lot less ballsy when their dcp is on cool down.  

When I play khab, my main focus is to stack fires on as many ships at the same time as I can.  If I get a fire on a bb, I instantly switch to another nearby bb if available, and then the next.  If any of the ships that are burning use dcp, they become my priority target until they get at least 2 perma fires.   

I guess what I'm trying to say is my main goal in a khab is to set fires and trigger dcp's.   It isn't uncommon for a 200k dmg game to include 100k fire damage.  I see this as the best way to contribute to the win: inflict damage to degrade the enemy's ability and will to push into our caps.  If I get a chance to shoot at a dd, i'll take it, but my main focus is burning down bb's and inflicting raw damage on cruisers. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this