Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexbuildit

IIRC, Got Tirpitz for around 25$

12 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
39 posts
1,615 battles

28k0ahv.jpg

Wow, was really excited to log in and find Derpitz on sale today; I just realized that the ship is also discounted by doubloons in game by 30%, and that you don’t have to only pay cash in store. So, I bought the PayPal deal for 19.99$ that gave me 5000 + 1500 gold during the special gold event (another free 1000), and got a total of 7500 gold for $19.99. That only left me short 1400 gold, so I only payed 6$ for that. In all, picked up the dirpitz for $26 bucks through taking advantage of sales. Thanks a bunch Wargaming! Can’t wait to mess around with a German secondary torpedo monster.

Edited by alexbuildit

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
5,809 battles

HA! Thats because its not worth full $$ anymore, its likely the worst T8 BB. I loved this ship, played the crap out of it. Not always a good WR but it was a ton of fun and always got my damage in.

Then came AP bombs

Then came Enterprise

Then came GZ

Then came Midway getting its 2 TB squads back.

These 4 things (probably came in a different order lol) make the tirpitz a pinata. Those 4 things can nearly 1 shot the Tirpitz and it is almost totally defenceless vs planes with its crap AA rating, even if you spec for it. You may only see CV's 1 game in 5, but those games you will live a short life, will be hunted relentlessly and wont be able to do a thing about it. You WILL be the #1 target for every T7 and up CV, even the T6's can make an effective run at you unless you have a high lvl cpt spec'd for AA.

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
39 posts
1,615 battles
2 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

HA! Thats because its not worth full $$ anymore, its likely the worst T8 BB. I loved this ship, played the crap out of it. Not always a good WR but it was a ton of fun and always got my damage in.

Then came AP bombs

Then came Enterprise

Then came GZ

These 4 things (probably came in a different order lol) make the tirpitz a pinata. Those 4 things can nearly 1 shot the Tirpitz and it is almost totally defenceless vs planes with its crap AA rating, even if you spec for it. You may only see CV's 1 game in 5, but those games you will live a short life, will be hunted relentlessly and wont be able to do a thing about it. You WILL be the #1 target for every T7 and up CV, even the T6's can make an effective run at you unless you have a high lvl cpt spec'd for AA.

Fair, it may not be OP, but it is certainly still fun. I've enjoyed the battles I've played in it so far. I am gonna spec for secondaries and ignore aa skills and modules. If planes come, i'll die, but it won't happen too often. 

[RKLES]
Members
39 posts
1,615 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I am not seeing a PayPal deal.  Was that a past deal?

Yes unfortunately... ): 

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
418 posts
23 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

I am not seeing a PayPal deal.  Was that a past deal?

The paypal deal is still active. You have to login to find the deal. If you don't login, it will not show up.

Edited by Leopard_IX

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,127 battles
22 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

Then came AP bombs

Then came Enterprise

Then came GZ

My biggest gripe with the Bis/Tir sisters is the MM. For whatever reason my T8 MM is probably 70% T10 MM, not a lot of fun, to be honest. If I am going to pull T10 MM that often I will either just play T7 or T10.

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles
2 hours ago, Leopard_IX said:

The paypal deal is still active. You have to login to find the deal. If you don't login, it will not show up.

Think it is only for players below a certain battle count to help them get started.  It appears on my other account (Steam) that I am using to remember what the grind from T1 was like.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/gold/6712/

Edited by ExploratorOne

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles
On 7/26/2018 at 9:54 AM, Kevs02Accord said:

My biggest gripe with the Bis/Tir sisters is the MM. For whatever reason my T8 MM is probably 70% T10 MM, not a lot of fun, to be honest. If I am going to pull T10 MM that often I will either just play T7 or T10.

Some tier 8 ships can take on X ships, just takes some practice and high level Captain. And keeping eye on mini map to ensure you don’t face entire enemy fleet all at once. 

Tirpitz especially, if you go 1 on 1 with an X BB just charge it full speed if you are in range to do so, let them have it with main guns, Secondaries, and then Torps once you get along side them.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I paid $50 for mine but I have about a thousand battles in it so it works out. What's funny is when someone buys a ship and almost never plays it.

HAQOp0e.gif

Sign in to follow this