You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nagasakee

Yamato change and Yamamoto Captain

12 comments in this topic

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,008 battles

Quick question:

There was a change to Yamato turret traverse with this patch:

"

Japanese battleship Yamato

• Main battery traverse speed was increased from 2.5 to 3.0 deg/s for a more comfortable gameplay experience."

But, with Yamamoto as my Yamato captain, I already have that 3.0 degree upgrade inherently.   Are they additive, so now mine is 3.5 degrees??  Or has Yamamoto's inherent advantage just been partially cancelled?  Not complaining, but curious.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Valid question as one never knows when things stack or do not stack. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,008 battles
1 minute ago, SavageTactical said:

The 3 deg/s is the new stock turret traverse, so Yamoto's Improved EM skill adds on top of that. 

Great news! Thanks very much

Members
1,078 posts
5,987 battles

Why is this even a question? The Expert marksman skill adds a given amount to the base turret traverse rate of any given ship; any commander that has the skill (Yammamoto and others giving slightly more.) If the base rate gets buffed, the captain skill still adds to it.

• Bad 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,779 posts
6,788 battles
35 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Jap torpedo concealment

Surely you meant "Japanese/IJN torpedo concealment"

Members
624 posts
14 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Why is this even a question? The Expert marksman skill adds a given amount to the base turret traverse rate of any given ship; any commander that has the skill (Yammamoto and others giving slightly more.) If the base rate gets buffed, the captain skill still adds to it.

Your Grace, 

While I completely agree that it should be oblivious to all but the newest spud potato, my people require reminders and encouragement during times of change.

also...

Whoopee doo dah , I am gonna do some legendary sinkin soon ™️

• Bad 1

Members
1,078 posts
5,987 battles
2 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

also...

Whoopee doo dah , I am gonna do some legendary sinkin soon ™️

If only I could do the same, but alas, I have yet neither Yamato nor Yammamoto.

Members
624 posts
10 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

If only I could do the same, but alas, I have yet neither Yamato nor Yammamoto.

Very good point. I have been posting this for a while due the game meta and really sick toxic players at lower tiers.

1. Your goal should be 1 Tier 10 ship and one 19 point Captain.

2. Stop spending time and money on lower tiers

3. Watch a ton of videos

4. Recommend Grind for Yamamoto on Yamato and any specialty German on Hindenburg.

5. Get legendary. / unique mod

6. DC mod and (hydro for Hindenburg.)

Enjoy the game so much more. 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Members
1,078 posts
5,987 battles
5 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Very good point. I have been posting this for a while due the game meta and really sick toxic players at lower tiers.

1. Your goal should be 1 Tier 10 ship and one 19 point Captain.

2. Stop spending time and money on lower tiers

3. Watch a ton of videos

4. Recommend Grind for Yamamoto on Yamato and any specialty German on Hindenburg.

5. Get legendary. / unique mod

6. DC mod and (hydro for Hindenburg.)

Enjoy the game so much more. 

Considering the pertinent points by their numbers:

1. I have five T10 ships (Hindenburg, GK, Montana, Des Moines, Minotaur) and 5 19-point commanders

2. Self-evident by achieving #1 above.

4. I'm in the last level of missions for him, but I'm not really into the Yamamoto grind. My IJN branch has the least attention and smallest size of all of my fleet, but it is uniformly the strongest for captains because I have hot and cold running 10-point commanders due to Arpeggio ships I do not play. Plus, if you have a Scharnhorst and Belfast, you play plenty of T7, if you have Giulio Cesare you play plenty of T5, and Arizona and Graf Spee promote some dabbling in T6. So, I spend a lot of my time outside of T8+

That having been said, the advent of the Arsenal has me targeting Musashi* as my first "coal-burning ship", and after I finish grinding US cruisers to T10 (62% of the way to Seattle right now), IJN battleships are on deck (already have Fuso).

And last month I sold my house, and I buy the next one later this week. So maybe in two-three months these things will come to pass.

*unless Alaska hits the arsenal first, then I'm dumping the heavy chick with the big - errrr, guns,  for the slim-waisted supermodel with the hot rate of fire and tight ummm - dispersion.

Members
624 posts
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Considering the pertinent points by their numbers:

1. I have five T10 ships (Hindenburg, GK, Montana, Des Moines, Minotaur) and 5 19-point commanders

2. Self-evident by achieving #1 above.

4. I'm in the last level of missions for him, but I'm not really into the Yamamoto grind. My IJN branch has the least attention and smallest size of all of my fleet, but it is uniformly the strongest for captains because I have hot and cold running 10-point commanders due to Arpeggio ships I do not play. Plus, if you have a Scharnhorst and Belfast, you play plenty of T7, if you have Giulio Cesare you play plenty of T5, and Arizona and Graf Spee promote some dabbling in T6. So, I spend a lot of my time outside of T8+

That having been said, the advent of the Arsenal has me targeting Musashi* as my first "coal-burning ship", and after I finish grinding US cruisers to T10 (62% of the way to Seattle right now), IJN battleships are on deck (already have Fuso).

And last month I sold my house, and I buy the next one later this week. So maybe in two-three months these things will come to pass.

*unless Alaska hits the arsenal first, then I'm dumping the heavy chick with the big - errrr, guns,  for the slim-waisted supermodel with the hot rate of fire and tight ummm - dispersion.

Ha! Too funny!