Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

hey WG, you made a typo in your patch notes

10 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

The patch notes says that French battleship Jean Bart is tier IX. but on developer blog on fb says it a tier 8

2JtmBga.png

and it also show up as tier 8 in the game files.

oe9KOwr.png

so it this a mistake or did it get bump to tier 9?

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

Bumped to IX, originally intended for VIII.

According to a CC or two.

-R

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,379 posts
9,538 battles

It is tier 9

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

In another Dev blog they bumped her up to T9 and improved some characteristics.

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles

Folks please bear in mind that the Dev blog in terms of new ships are very early looks that are quite susceptible to change based on testing and feedback.

As per the post on the 10th of July found here the ship was amended to be a T9 ship.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles
13 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Folks please bear in mind that the Dev blog in terms of new ships are very early looks that are quite susceptible to change based on testing and feedback.   This ship is in Tier 9 at this time.

ok thanks for the clarify. I just got a little confused there lol

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,526 posts
4,416 battles

I'm not entirely convinced with 8x 15 inch guns at tier 9 even with the gun reload booster thingy. At T8 I'd probably have bought it. At T9 I'm just going to save the free xp for something else.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts
4 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I'm not entirely convinced with 8x 15 inch guns at tier 9 even with the gun reload booster thingy. At T8 I'd probably have bought it. At T9 I'm just going to save the free xp for something else.

It's essentially the Richelieu one tier higher, isn't it??   I'll probably pass, too- unless it turns out to be a real winner.   Oddball turret arrangements mainly just annoy me...  And I share your concerns about 8x forward facing 15" guns at tier 9- esp if they are in keeping with the French flavor of meh penetration and accuracy.

Lyon gets away with being severely under (size) gunned at tier 7 by having twice as many guns as everyone else.  (and on a smaller, more agile platform to boot)

Jean Bart will have both fewer AND smaller guns.   What else can they do to offset that?   Secondaries don't mean much when teams stay 18-20 km away from each other, and High tier BB's are already lousy with great AA ships- with few CV's to use them on.   Superfast reload?  Maybe, but it would really strain the bounds of "game reality" in what we've come to expect from 15"ers.   Laser accuracy?  An interesting French BB quirk- and absolutely terrifying to everyone else.  (BB's are inaccurate for a reason, after all, lol)

Personally, I LIKE that the devs made the French BB's the "well balanced line"  good enough to very good at most things, without being flat out great at anything.   Nor do they rely on weird gimmicks, or being the "foil" or polar opposite of another existing line.   They're simply fun to play- reliable, sturdy, and with no arbitrary glaring weaknesses or WTH over the top strengths.  They play like... well, like battleships!

I'm hoping the Devs find a way to keep that trend going with the premiums.  ( Richelieu's mini -me Dunkirk notwithstanding)

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,063 posts
6,753 battles

that AA she's sporting doesnt belong at T8, heck, its even more powerful than some T10 BBs AA

Sign in to follow this